Boris Johnson New measures

Shot By Both Sides
Re: Boris Johnson New measures

Post by Shot By Both Sides » Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:13 am

The ministers that give the advice are middle class. The people that follow the advice sensibly are middle class. Unfortunately a lot of these people are uneducated and do not have a sense of social responsibility.
Isn't that a paradox in terms?

I might think of someone like Stephen Fry as middle class and he is certainly well-educated.

lanternhall

Post by lanternhall » Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:18 am

Shot By Both Sides wrote: ↑
Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:13 am
The ministers that give the advice are middle class. The people that follow the advice sensibly are middle class. Unfortunately a lot of these people are uneducated and do not have a sense of social responsibility.

I might think of someone like Stephen Fry as middle class and he is certainly well-educated.
You misunderstood me. The middle class educated people are following advice. Unfortunately a lot of working class uneducated people are not.

Shot By Both Sides

Post by Shot By Both Sides » Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:19 am

lanternhall wrote: ↑
Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:18 am

You misunderstood me. The middle class educated people are following advice. Unfortunately a lot of working class uneducated people are not.
I had the feeling I had! 😁

That's that sorted anyway.

ganesh

Post by ganesh » Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:26 am

Yesterday i was up at Bourley reservoir overseeing some important, essential, investigations on the dam structure. My time on site i limited to an hour in the morning and half in the afternoon and our engineers doing the investigation were fenced in.

Outside this little work group, the training area was heaving, the emergency access gate i enter through i had only just enough room to open the gate and drive through due to a very new Porsche SUV parked in front of it and every conceivable parking area of Bourley road had cars parked on it.

There were countless dog walkers and mountain bikers, a couple having a picnic by the reservoir, a large group of lads who apparently went up there to smoke weed and generally prat around and numerous families on an outing as if it was all a nice free holiday.

I would suggest the argument that only working class are not taking this seriously would be blown out of the water on the evidence i saw with my own eyes, and this is possibly fueled by the nice sunny days we are having.

Nothing has been learnt from the weekend except how to stand further apart outside the chemists in Aldershot, where both at the end of lower Farnham road and lower Newport road the queues were very spread out waiting for their turn to go in. Is it natural that people are suspicious of others waiting to collect medication - they are obviously not well or 100% healthy or why would they be there?

Perhaps now is the time for more graphic images to be texted to everybody of the bodies being removed in Italy on the back of army trucks or the young on ventilation machines who didn't have underlying health issues.

Shotto

Post by Shotto » Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:44 am

Ganesh, don't assume everyone was taking the p155 over the training area yesterday. Tuesday was my first day off in 5 days and my wife had just finished a night shift. We were walking our dogs and relaxing with our kids.
I don't have the luxury of working from home or being two metres from people and have spent every day of the last two weeks, face to face with Covid positive patients.
The army get R&R time away from active service and at the moment NHS staff certainly need it.

Pip@B

Post by Pip@B » Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:32 am

Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:19 am

Believe me,stupidity knows no class boundary.

ACA

Post by ACA » Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:12 am

Nor does it know an age boundary, for those who believe it's only "young people" ignoring what they're being told to do.

Shot By Both Sides

Post by Shot By Both Sides » Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:58 am

Judging from what I have seen this morning it may not be too long before we see the army on the streets.

It isn't right that 90% observe the protocol, if you are out and about it must be 100%.

lanternhall

Post by lanternhall » Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:46 pm

Pip@B wrote: ↑
Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:32 am
Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:19 am

Believe me,stupidity knows no class boundary.
Agree. My post was probably wrong. I was just so angry. I had been shopping and could not believe what I was seeing. Do these people think that they are invincible? Do they not realise that there behaviour will kill people? Do they care?

BillB

Post by BillB » Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:59 pm

[/quote]Only in your mind will everyone be blaming foreigners
[/quote]

I think you missed the point completely Dom. I hope it's nothing serious........

Pip@B

Post by Pip@B » Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:07 pm

Lazio wrote: ↑
Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:04 am
The British are one of the most tolerant and apolitical people in the world, sacrificing their young people in world wars to fight against tyranny. Yet there are many who choose to find any excuse to point fingers and accuse us of being like Nazi Germany at the drop of a hat, a view reinforced by bleeding hearts liberals.
And yet many flock here,willing to risk their lives,when they could easily start a new life in Europe or Asia.