Re Football league completion

Birdman
Re: Re Football league completion

Post by Birdman » Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:36 pm

If (as it appears) the NL want to see the season completed then how many of those games will be played behind closed doors? This virus isn’t (imo) going to go away soon. It may slow down a bit but I feel that it’ll still be ‘too close for comfort’ for supporters to attend games. A vaccine may well be on the horizon but it will still need testing properly.
I’m sure that there will be some ‘football starved supporters’ who will attend games but I’m of the opinion that there will be quite a few of or around pension age that would be reluctant to do so or indeed won’t take the risk and I include myself in that.
I make no apologies for my concerns. Some things do need to be done where there’s a ‘crowd’ such as food shopping but health and welfare of family is far more important than attending games of football at this time.

chimpster99

Post by chimpster99 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:45 pm

This is a damage limitation exercise to try and stop legal action being taken by affected clubs. From what I’m hearing through a friend involved with Eastleigh, the FA will be asking teams to go into ‘camp’ (no Alan Carr jokes please) and to play 2-3 games a week behind closed door to see the season out. May start in mid April.

Also talks ongoing of relaxing the TV deal to allow clubs to live stream games.

redblueuptoyou

Post by redblueuptoyou » Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:50 pm

Birdman wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:36 pm
If (as it appears) the NL want to see the season completed then how many of those games will be played behind closed doors? This virus isn’t (imo) going to go away soon. It may slow down a bit but I feel that it’ll still be ‘too close for comfort’ for supporters to attend games. A vaccine may well be on the horizon but it will still need testing properly.
I’m sure that there will be some ‘football starved supporters’ who will attend games but I’m of the opinion that there will be quite a few of or around pension age that would be reluctant to do so or indeed won’t take the risk and I include myself in that.
I make no apologies for my concerns. Some things do need to be done where there’s a ‘crowd’ such as food shopping but health and welfare of family is far more important than attending games of football at this time.
I can’t see any ‘mass gathering’ being allowed to take place until the autumn. It’s going to be a slow route back to normality.