Football While We Wait

Post Reply
Shot By Both Sides
Posts: 323
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:11 pm
Contact:
Football While We Wait

Post by Shot By Both Sides » Sat May 16, 2020 10:15 pm

Dortmund besiegt Schalke, als das schöne Spiel in Deutschland zurückkehrt!

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/footba ... 42196.html

Chat about any televised football, current or retro while we wait to get back on the pitch.
Last edited by Shot By Both Sides on Sat May 23, 2020 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shot By Both Sides
Posts: 323
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:11 pm
Contact:
Re: Fußball ist zurück

Post by Shot By Both Sides » Fri May 22, 2020 6:46 pm

There's the Berlin derby tonight, Hertha vs Union!

I expect talkSPORT 2 will have commentary for anyone wishing to listen to a live game.

Disturbed Postie
Posts: 686
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:42 pm
Re: Fußball ist zurück

Post by Disturbed Postie » Fri May 22, 2020 7:11 pm

Shame it’s not on the box

Shot By Both Sides
Posts: 323
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:11 pm
Contact:
Re: Fußball ist zurück

Post by Shot By Both Sides » Fri May 22, 2020 7:20 pm

Thing is, our EPL games - will they be?

Shot By Both Sides
Posts: 323
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:11 pm
Contact:
Re: Fußball ist zurück

Post by Shot By Both Sides » Fri May 22, 2020 7:51 pm

20 mins in and goal-less. Does sound strange, so quiet with the volume of about twenty people. Boreham Wood would love it.

Tomorrow night ITV4 - visual football!

Liverpool v Arsenal '89 stylee.

Csn you remember where you were when that happened?

I can. For some reason I have a feeling it was a Friday night.

It's also possible of course that our much younger fans will never have seen this classic title-deciding game.

Chobham Shot
Posts: 100
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:30 pm
Re: Fußball ist zurück

Post by Chobham Shot » Fri May 22, 2020 8:00 pm

Disturbed Postie wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 7:11 pm
Shame it’s not on the box
It's on BT Sport 1 for those who have it.

Crowthorne
Posts: 116
Joined: Sat Mar 30, 2019 1:18 pm
Re: Fußball ist zurück

Post by Crowthorne » Fri May 22, 2020 8:01 pm

I remember it well I was in pig country, taunting all the scouse supporting yokels.

Wokingham Shot
Posts: 106
Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2007 12:34 pm
Re: Fußball ist zurück

Post by Wokingham Shot » Fri May 22, 2020 8:05 pm

Last season this stadium saw one of the largest away turnouts for a domestic game.
Hard to believe.

Disturbed Postie
Posts: 686
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:42 pm
Re: Fußball ist zurück

Post by Disturbed Postie » Fri May 22, 2020 8:06 pm

Shot By Both Sides wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 7:51 pm
20 mins in and goal-less. Does sound strange, so quiet with the volume of about twenty people. Boreham Wood would love it.

Tomorrow night ITV4 - visual football!

Liverpool v Arsenal '89 stylee.

Csn you remember where you were when that happened?

I can. For some reason I have a feeling it was a Friday night.

It's also possible of course that our much younger fans will never have seen this classic title-deciding game.
Friday may 26th 1989 Oliver, I was round a mates house in bisley

Wokingham Shot
Posts: 106
Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2007 12:34 pm
Re: Fußball ist zurück

Post by Wokingham Shot » Fri May 22, 2020 8:08 pm

Pub in Glasgow.
Night before Scotland England

Disturbed Postie
Posts: 686
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:42 pm
Re: Fußball ist zurück

Post by Disturbed Postie » Fri May 22, 2020 8:09 pm

Wokingham Shot wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 8:08 pm
Pub in Glasgow.
Night before Scotland England
With village?

Wokingham Shot
Posts: 106
Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2007 12:34 pm
Re: Fußball ist zurück

Post by Wokingham Shot » Fri May 22, 2020 8:12 pm

That was 2 years before....Wolves weekend.
This was 2-0 England. Steve Bull scored.

Shot By Both Sides
Posts: 323
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:11 pm
Contact:
Re: Fußball ist zurück

Post by Shot By Both Sides » Fri May 22, 2020 8:14 pm

Still goal-less. There's a Leeds connection though because Luciano Becchio is playing for one of the teams. Half falling asleep here mincing on white fudge pretzels.Becchio just drew a yellow card.

Shot By Both Sides
Posts: 323
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:11 pm
Contact:
Re: Fußball ist zurück

Post by Shot By Both Sides » Fri May 22, 2020 8:20 pm

Disturbed Postie wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 8:06 pm
Shot By Both Sides wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 7:51 pm
20 mins in and goal-less. Does sound strange, so quiet with the volume of about twenty people. Boreham Wood would love it.

Tomorrow night ITV4 - visual football!

Liverpool v Arsenal '89 stylee.

Csn you remember where you were when that happened?

I can. For some reason I have a feeling it was a Friday night.

It's also possible of course that our much younger fans will never have seen this classic title-deciding game.
Friday may 26th 1989 Oliver, I was round a mates house in bisley
I was in North End (Portsmouth), people were pouring out of pubs singing Arsenal songs. I know I went into Sam's and had a blue cheeseburger!

Disturbed Postie
Posts: 686
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:42 pm
Re: Fußball ist zurück

Post by Disturbed Postie » Fri May 22, 2020 8:23 pm

Wokingham Shot wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 8:12 pm
That was 2 years before....Wolves weekend.
This was 2-0 England. Steve Bull scored.
Oh yes of course


Post Reply