Level 3

karlready
Re: Level 3

Post by karlready » Wed May 20, 2020 7:52 pm

Heron wood shot 1964 wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 6:02 pm
Not sarcastic the government just said we are at level 3 out of 5 so we are nearly there football will return next month. Have a pint very soon dp try half glass full not empty cheer up postie
You are spreading false information. The government has today re-stated that we are at level 4, and are taking cautious steps towards level 3. Football with crowds at our level ain’t gonna happen any time soon. You might get a beer in a pub garden in July, but don’t hold your breath.

TracoShot

Post by TracoShot » Wed May 20, 2020 8:16 pm

We are not going back to what the world was until a vaccine is found, mass produced and the majority of the country inoculated. This might never happen.

The new normal is going to be spent bouncing between levels 2 and 4. Certain businesses will reopen and close again. The country is about to go into a recession the like of which has never been seen.

PL football will be back behind closed doors but as for the Shots I reckon it's no more than 50/50 that we ever see them play again. At the moment I simply cannot see next season happening. After that who knows ?

lanternhall

Post by lanternhall » Wed May 20, 2020 8:29 pm

I am sorry government easing of lockdown is pathetic. Off the cuff Johnson announced schools opening in June.
Why weren't schools informed and able to prepare?
Then told people have to go back to work which I agree with.. Why wasn't public transport informed and prepared?

Josh

Post by Josh » Wed May 20, 2020 9:34 pm

Wed May 20, 2020 6:09 pm
Sorry but you only have to see the workforce is back at work we are not in lockdown so maybe the government had got it right
Out of interest, what have the Government got right?

lowerbourneshot

Post by lowerbourneshot » Wed May 20, 2020 9:46 pm

TracoShot wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 8:16 pm
We are not going back to what the world was until a vaccine is found, mass produced and the majority of the country inoculated. This might never happen.

The new normal is going to be spent bouncing between levels 2 and 4. Certain businesses will reopen and close again. The country is about to go into a recession the like of which has never been seen.

PL football will be back behind closed doors but as for the Shots I reckon it's no more than 50/50 that we ever see them play again. At the moment I simply cannot see next season happening. After that who knows ?
A vaccine may be a long way off. They still haven't found a full vaccine for HIV after 35 years ,yes it can be controlled ,but no vaccine . Covid is something we'll eventually just have to live side by side with and get on with life.

Disturbed Postie

Post by Disturbed Postie » Wed May 20, 2020 9:48 pm

Letting a load of bellends loose in Southend

EastbankAndy

Post by EastbankAndy » Wed May 20, 2020 10:18 pm

TracoShot wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 8:16 pm

What?? Can you put some substance behind your statements??

Really strange outlook.......😇

chimpster99

Post by chimpster99 » Wed May 20, 2020 11:14 pm

I’m involved in grassroots football and we’ve been asked to prepare to resume training in September with matches resuming in early October (if there is no second wave), subject to social distancing being enforced among spectators.

For the Shots, I can see next season starting behind closed doors a month or two late, with severe ground capacity restrictions and spaced seating/standing being applied thereafter.

Anyone who thinks we are close to normality needs their grey matter felt.

Shot By Both Sides

Post by Shot By Both Sides » Thu May 21, 2020 2:07 am

Disturbed Postie wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 5:52 pm
Don’t know if you’re being sarcastic or not but 200 odd deaths is an improvement but no good to the relatives sadly
Spot on.

546 followed by 349 yesterday (Wednesday).

I know that slogan means well but to be honest I am tired of hearing it.

Pip@B

Post by Pip@B » Thu May 21, 2020 7:45 am

lanternhall wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 8:29 pm
I am sorry government easing of lockdown is pathetic. Off the cuff Johnson announced schools opening in June.
Why weren't schools informed and able to prepare?
Then told people have to go back to work which I agree with.. Why wasn't public transport informed and prepared?
My employer has been preparing for return since lockdown,so should of they.

Wokingham Shot

Post by Wokingham Shot » Thu May 21, 2020 8:14 am

Pip, the problem is many businesses are reluctant to spend money (that a lot don't have) Corona-proofing their work environments until they receive some form of indication as to what that actually entails. To my knowledge there is no UK guidance, but if there is please let me know as I have a couple of clients waiting on it.
I suspect some form of H&S organisation will be required to check all workplaces for compliance prior to them being opened?
What I do know is that there is a world shortage (no surprise really) of Perspex screening, the likes you are seeing between children in schools and, no doubt, what will form the basis of the requirements for offices. This shortage may well drive the timetable.

redblueuptoyou

Post by redblueuptoyou » Thu May 21, 2020 9:20 am

Wokingham Shot wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 8:14 am
To my knowledge there is no UK guidance, but if there is please let me know as I have a couple of clients waiting on it.
The government said to ensure any workplace is ‘Covid secure’. Is that enough to go on..?

Red-n-Blue

Post by Red-n-Blue » Thu May 21, 2020 9:35 am

Honestly, a few of the comments in this thread are ridiculous - why are some people presenting opinions as facts?

As of today, we don't know...

1. If an effective vaccine can be developed and when it might be deployed.
2. If existing and new drugs being tested will render the disease inert.
3. If CV-19 will lose potency and become no more dangerous than seasonal flu.
4. What level of immunity already exists in the community.
5. The specific level of risk for each and every individual.

Until we've answered at least a couple of these questions, speculation about Government measures and the impact of those measures is futile. It certainly isn't helpful when speculation is so utterly unobjective and negative.

Get a grip, folks!

Disturbed Postie

Post by Disturbed Postie » Thu May 21, 2020 9:59 am

Red-n-Blue wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 9:35 am
Honestly, a few of the comments in this thread are ridiculous - why are some people presenting opinions as facts?

As of today, we don't know...

1. If an effective vaccine can be developed and when it might be deployed.
2. If existing and new drugs being tested will render the disease inert.
3. If CV-19 will lose potency and become no more dangerous than seasonal flu.
4. What level of immunity already exists in the community.
5. The specific level of risk for each and every individual.

Until we've answered at least a couple of these questions, speculation about Government measures and the impact of those measures is futile. It certainly isn't helpful when speculation is so utterly unobjective and negative.

Get a grip, folks!
Totally agree, the negativity is quite disturbing

Shots1954

Post by Shots1954 » Thu May 21, 2020 10:03 am

Josh wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 9:34 pm
Wed May 20, 2020 6:09 pm
Sorry but you only have to see the workforce is back at work we are not in lockdown so maybe the government had got it right
Out of interest, what have the Government got right?
Spot on, nothing that I can see!