Level 3

Wokingham Shot
Re: Level 3

Post by Wokingham Shot » Thu May 21, 2020 10:52 am

redblueuptoyou wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 9:20 am
Wokingham Shot wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 8:14 am
To my knowledge there is no UK guidance, but if there is please let me know as I have a couple of clients waiting on it.
The government said to ensure any workplace is ‘Covid secure’. Is that enough to go on..?
Great thanks...I'll get cracking

Charles Dickens

Post by Charles Dickens » Thu May 21, 2020 1:52 pm

As always at a time of crisis, the wiseacres come out of the woodwork in droves. They criticise, everything is badly handled and some even claim that they have all the answers to solving the coronavirus. The journalists and politicians who sit at their safe desks are the worst examples and no surprise we have a few on the Shotsweb as well.

It`s time to get back to work like the key workers have been doing for a long time.We may have to live with it so it is up to us individuals to follow the guidelines and recover our lives as best we can. Constant moaning will not make the virus go any quicker, it may even delay its departure.

TracoShot

Post by TracoShot » Thu May 21, 2020 2:05 pm

EastbankAndy wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 10:18 pm
TracoShot wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 8:16 pm
We are not going back to what the world was until a vaccine is found, mass produced and the majority of the country inoculated. This might never happen.

The new normal is going to be spent bouncing between levels 2 and 4. Certain businesses will reopen and close again. The country is about to go into a recession the like of which has never been seen.

PL football will be back behind closed doors but as for the Shots I reckon it's no more than 50/50 that we ever see them play again. At the moment I simply cannot see next season happening. After that who knows ?
What?? Can you put some substance behind your statements??

Really strange outlook.......😇
The World Health Organisation
The Chancellor of the Exchequer and what I am seeing every day through my work.
It's been widely reported that the PL are looking at playing all of next season behind closed doors. NL football cannot survive without spectators and the club like many many others wasnt in a great place pre covid.

Look I hope they are all wrong and we go back to where we were but it's not going to happen. I pray to god that a vaccine is found asap as that is the only true way IMO that we can go forward but even if that is the case the economic effects of covid-19 are going to be felt for years if not decades to come.

Grayshott

Post by Grayshott » Thu May 21, 2020 2:50 pm

Seems that several of our supporters are the same that believe the government nonsense and head to the parks and seaside. UK seems to be in a world of its own. Everyone else has a very detailed plan of escape, but sadly not the UK.

Normal football cannot return anytime soon.

shots1965

Post by shots1965 » Thu May 21, 2020 3:01 pm

Disturbed Postie wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 9:48 pm
Letting a load of bellends loose in Southend
Is the same all over Europe postie, France, Holland, Belgium…etc Brain dead everywhere

Trouts

Post by Trouts » Thu May 21, 2020 3:03 pm

Charles Dickens wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 1:52 pm
As always at a time of crisis, the wiseacres come out of the woodwork in droves. They criticise, everything is badly handled and some even claim that they have all the answers to solving the coronavirus. The journalists and politicians who sit at their safe desks are the worst examples and no surprise we have a few on the Shotsweb as well.

It`s time to get back to work like the key workers have been doing for a long time.We may have to live with it so it is up to us individuals to follow the guidelines and recover our lives as best we can. Constant moaning will not make the virus go any quicker, it may even delay its departure.
it's not about being a 'wiseacre' (sp?) it's about feeling safe and, personally for me, trusting the government with our wellbeing and health.
unfortunately during this crisis alone the government has shown that the populations health is a secondary concern.

bottom line is: I don't trust them or what they say.

Wokingham Shot

Post by Wokingham Shot » Thu May 21, 2020 3:10 pm

shots1965 wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 3:01 pm
Disturbed Postie wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 9:48 pm
Letting a load of bellends loose in Southend
Is the same all over Europe postie, France, Holland, Belgium…etc Brain dead everywhere
Correct....Government has stated the beaches are too busy and have closed roads and railways to the sea.

30 degrees and a public holiday coupled with a lack of thought by some

Disturbed Postie

Post by Disturbed Postie » Thu May 21, 2020 3:40 pm

As I keep saying until these knobs are properly punished (£60 fine or whatever it is) isn’t a punishment then the knobs will carry on being knobs, on that basis we could have a lot more problems ahead of us!

lanternhall

Post by lanternhall » Thu May 21, 2020 3:59 pm

I think a lot of it is the ignorance of youth. I say that as an old man and I know that old men have been saying that for years.
But I see a lot of young people, teans, 20s etc socializing in groups and not safe distancing.
They think that it is a virus that only affects older people and that they are immune, or if they get it , it will be mild.

Obviously we can't stay in lockdown for ever but with people not being sensible, I really fear a second wave.

Turnkey

Post by Turnkey » Thu May 21, 2020 4:10 pm

lanternhall wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 3:59 pm
I think a lot of it is the ignorance of youth. I say that as an old man and I know that old men have been saying that for years.
But I see a lot of young people, teans, 20s etc socializing in groups and not safe distancing.
They think that it is a virus that only affects older people and that they are immune, or if they get it , it will be mild.

Obviously we can't stay in lockdown for ever but with people not being sensible, I really fear a second wave.
https://twitter.com/jimmfelton/status/1 ... 21248?s=21

None of the absolute gammon in that video is under 40, being a twat isn’t the sole preserve of the young.

Disturbed Postie

Post by Disturbed Postie » Thu May 21, 2020 4:15 pm

Thick knobs

lanternhall

Post by lanternhall » Thu May 21, 2020 4:22 pm

Turnkey wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 4:10 pm
lanternhall wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 3:59 pm

https://twitter.com/jimmfelton/status/1 ... 21248?s=21

None of the absolute gammon in that video is under 40, being a twat isn’t the sole preserve of the young.
I just find these people's stupidity incredible.
Maybe they should be forced to have an intelligence test and those that fail , be put down. (Joke).
I do find it unbelievable though.

Disturbed Postie

Post by Disturbed Postie » Thu May 21, 2020 4:38 pm

In my job I walk on peoples lawns as it’s usually quicker to deliver to the next house and will continue to do so until I’m told otherwise, not the greatest crime going but if I’m told if you do that again you’ll get fined 5k or even worse then I won’t do it again, simple as!

lanternhall

Post by lanternhall » Thu May 21, 2020 4:58 pm

Exactly

Trouts

Post by Trouts » Thu May 21, 2020 5:29 pm

Disturbed Postie wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 4:15 pm
Thick knobs
it's all about the girth Postie :wink:

apparently.