Organ donation

Birdman
Organ donation

Post by Birdman » Thu May 21, 2020 12:49 pm

In case any of you weren’t aware, organ donation will now be ‘the norm’ (my words) unless you opt out. Me and the missus signed up a few years ago (in case anyone asks) :- https://www.organdonation.nhs.uk/uk-law ... n-england/

SHOTSMAN68
Re: Organ donation

Post by SHOTSMAN68 » Thu May 21, 2020 2:33 pm

Birdman wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 12:49 pm
In case any of you weren’t aware, organ donation will now be ‘the norm’ (my words) unless you opt out. Me and the missus signed up a few years ago (in case anyone asks) :- https://www.organdonation.nhs.uk/uk-law ... n-england/
well done birdman thats good of you and if the organs are still in good working order then its a really positive thing to do
not sure my organs would be any good to anyone but they would be welcome to explore them when i pass over i know one for sure that wouldnt be any good to anyone
did see max and keira on the tv wow that boy was so amazingly happy and smiley amazing parents on both sides for max to be given the chance to live on is just so
for me to just see youngsters happy in these troubled times is good it must be very hard on them as it is everyone

BillB

Post by BillB » Fri May 22, 2020 11:26 am

I've been a registered donor for more years than I can remember. This is a great move.... I also have a Red letter from my Doctor saying that I am refusing resuscitation and I also have it tattooed on the inside of my wrist.[ok, so just above the wrist]....... I've had a great time here and don't want it spoilt.....

C_Rage

Post by C_Rage » Fri May 22, 2020 8:19 pm

I received a Kidney 24 years ago and have been wanting this change for many years. It’s a game changer really. I wouldn’t be here if someone hadn’t signed up for the card. Now more people may have the chance to live again.