EFL decision

Post Reply
karlready
Posts: 41
Joined: Sat Jan 13, 2007 9:01 pm
EFL decision

Post by karlready » Thu May 21, 2020 2:04 pm


Statto
Posts: 116
Joined: Sun Feb 04, 2007 5:05 pm
Location: Aldershot
Re: EFL decision

Post by Statto » Fri May 22, 2020 12:58 pm

It's quite right that they should have promotion AND relegation.

How arrogant it was that the EFL (and currently the PL) wanted to scrap relegation for this season. If they're happy to sort out the top of the table by whatever means, then that should also apply at the bottom!

Disturbed Postie
Posts: 686
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:42 pm
Re: EFL decision

Post by Disturbed Postie » Fri May 22, 2020 1:41 pm

Good for Leeds, hope they go marching on up!

Shot By Both Sides
Posts: 323
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:11 pm
Contact:
Re: EFL decision

Post by Shot By Both Sides » Fri May 22, 2020 1:50 pm

Surely nobody wants dirty Leeds in the top flight.

I look forward to their crumble every season.

Crowthorne
Posts: 116
Joined: Sat Mar 30, 2019 1:18 pm
Re: EFL decision

Post by Crowthorne » Fri May 22, 2020 2:13 pm

As pointed out by Tranmeres CEO yesterday, if this situation had happened at the same time last season three clubs would have be relegated who ultimately weren't because the season was played to a conclusion. IMHO it would be best to just scrap the season now and concentrate on stabilising club finances rather than risk massive legal costs.

redblueuptoyou
Posts: 118
Joined: Wed May 30, 2018 1:52 pm
Re: EFL decision

Post by redblueuptoyou » Fri May 22, 2020 2:35 pm

Crowthorne wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 2:13 pm
As pointed out by Tranmeres CEO yesterday, if this situation had happened at the same time last season three clubs would have be relegated who ultimately weren't because the season was played to a conclusion. IMHO it would be best to just scrap the season now and concentrate on stabilising club finances rather than risk massive legal costs.
I agree with you but it’s too much like common sense, isn’t it?

Statto
Posts: 116
Joined: Sun Feb 04, 2007 5:05 pm
Location: Aldershot
Re: EFL decision

Post by Statto » Fri May 22, 2020 3:02 pm

Shot By Both Sides wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 1:50 pm
Surely nobody wants dirty Leeds in the top flight.
Myself and Mark Butler are but two :)

Disturbed Postie
Posts: 686
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:42 pm
Re: EFL decision

Post by Disturbed Postie » Fri May 22, 2020 4:22 pm

Statto wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 3:02 pm
Shot By Both Sides wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 1:50 pm
Surely nobody wants dirty Leeds in the top flight.
Myself and Mark Butler are but two :)
I have a soft spot for Leeds Leeds Leeds

Shot By Both Sides
Posts: 323
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:11 pm
Contact:
Re: EFL decision

Post by Shot By Both Sides » Fri May 22, 2020 6:14 pm

Disturbed Postie wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 4:22 pm
Statto wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 3:02 pm
Shot By Both Sides wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 1:50 pm
Surely nobody wants dirty Leeds in the top flight.
Myself and Mark Butler are but two :)
I have a soft spot for Leeds Leeds Leeds
Bournemouth will never forget 1990.

They're another one like Celtic that imagine they're some kind of global brand.

Hey but don't hear me too wrong, it's just personal opinion, Yorkshire folk in my experience are warm hearted generous beings!

Off for a pint of Websters...

Statto
Posts: 116
Joined: Sun Feb 04, 2007 5:05 pm
Location: Aldershot
Re: EFL decision

Post by Statto » Fri May 22, 2020 8:04 pm

Shot By Both Sides wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 6:14 pm
Disturbed Postie wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 4:22 pm
Statto wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 3:02 pm
Myself and Mark Butler are but two :)
I have a soft spot for Leeds Leeds Leeds
Bournemouth will never forget 1990.
Nor will I coz I was there.

Shot By Both Sides
Posts: 323
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:11 pm
Contact:
Re: EFL decision

Post by Shot By Both Sides » Fri May 22, 2020 8:21 pm

Nothing to be proud of whatsoever.


Post Reply