Clap for carer's

lanternhall
Clap for carer's

Post by lanternhall » Thu May 21, 2020 8:13 pm

I have just watched my neighbour's clap for carer's.
These are the same people who are socializing in groups that they don't live with.
The same people that are allowing their children to play outside in groups with other children.
The same people who don't social distance.

Clap for carer's has become an event to do, with no meaning.
These same people are putting the NHS under pressure by not observing distancing measures and risking a second wave.

Sorry if I come over as miserable but we have had over 36,000 deaths and I just say what I see.
I honestly can't believe how many idiots exist.

Disturbed Postie
Re: Clap for carer's

Post by Disturbed Postie » Thu May 21, 2020 8:24 pm

lanternhall wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 8:13 pm
These are the same people who are socializing in groups that they don't live with.
The same people that are allowing their children to play outside in groups with other children.

These same people are putting the NHS under pressure by not observing distancing measures and risking a second wave.

Sorry if I come over as miserable but we have had over 36,000 deaths and I just say what I see.
Good post MR hall, I don’t think you’re miserable you’re just a bit of a dister at times then you get over it!

steveshot

Post by steveshot » Thu May 21, 2020 9:05 pm

lanternhall wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 8:13 pm

You didn’t go out and lamp them then? 😂🤺

Shot By Both Sides

Post by Shot By Both Sides » Thu May 21, 2020 9:11 pm

Nothing in our road for five weeks now. Folk soon lost interest in it.

lanternhall

Post by lanternhall » Thu May 21, 2020 9:13 pm

No. Why should I? I just find it depressing. These ignorant people are clapping because they are told to on TV. Yet they observe none of the procedures that keep us safe.

steveshot

Post by steveshot » Thu May 21, 2020 9:15 pm

Was a bit of light hearted banter

Crowthorne

Post by Crowthorne » Thu May 21, 2020 9:15 pm

Your right LH the amount of hypocrisy is unbelievable. At first it was spontaneous but now this whole thing of clapping is becoming tiresome as it is so staged.

lanternhall

Post by lanternhall » Thu May 21, 2020 9:21 pm

steveshot wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 9:15 pm
Was a bit of light hearted banter
You are right. I am becoming too miserable. Thank you for comment. That is not sarcastic. I mean it. I need to lighten up.

Crowthorne

Post by Crowthorne » Thu May 21, 2020 9:26 pm

Nothing wrong with being miserable.

chimpster99

Post by chimpster99 » Thu May 21, 2020 9:36 pm

[quote=Crowthorne post_id=626983 time=1590092791 user_id=9159]
Nothing wrong with being miserable.
[/quote]

https://youtu.be/Ai0MVYzGC4w

Stenhouse

Post by Stenhouse » Thu May 21, 2020 9:37 pm

Slowly but surely the country is losing interest in the fight V the virus. I was outside tonight applauding. Believe me I have had a better insight than most into the world of health and care staff in my life, and the sheer hard work that they do for, in many cases, low pay and poor working conditions. I will continue to applaud, although I can see each week less and less interest. The nation is understandably tired of the consequences of this virus, and in a sense who can blame them. For many it is social isolation, poverty, and particularly for those living in confined spaces, mental health issues. The elderly living alone feel cheated of enjoying their golden years, stuck in their personal prisons. Social cohesiveness breaks down when one reads and sees numerous flights with passengers unchecked into the country, people flaunting the 2 metre rules, the feeling that my generation, gender, ethnicity will not be badly affected, so what the heck, etc.

The nation is tired, but we are surely at the cusp of beating the worst of this virus. I continue to obey the Governments rules re staying safe - but then again being in my 60s with my wife and myself having slight age related health issues, we are motivated to do so. More difficult for, say, a middle-aged couple with kids to feed, and who are bored, income drop, financial uncertainty and the usual bills still to pay. Please just think about the nurse who braves the fear of the ward and its patients each day, the care assistant dealing with vulnerable, and in many cases, confused Residents; who after a shift go back to their families never 100% sure that they are free from the virus, and fear passing it on to their loved ones.
Last edited by Stenhouse on Thu May 21, 2020 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lanternhall

Post by lanternhall » Thu May 21, 2020 9:51 pm

Are you an author? If not. Why not? That post is fantastic and says it all .

Stenhouse

Post by Stenhouse » Thu May 21, 2020 10:30 pm

lanternhall wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 9:51 pm
Are you an author? If not. Why not? That post is fantastic and says it all .
Thank you Lanternhall. Nice of you to say so. Just someone who observes and learns, that's all. Stay safe.

mountpleasant61

Post by mountpleasant61 » Fri May 22, 2020 1:38 am

Hi Lanterhall.
I don't think you are miserable, just someone saying what they think and that is your right.
Being an ex Brit I still feel for all of you over there.
Over here in "Aussie" land we have observed the rules put in place and consequently are coming through it all quite well.
So far the total deaths is 100 and things are being relaxed but we still have spacing etc.
The best thing you can do is make sure you look after yourself and come through OK, as I wish everyone in UK, and of course the rest of the world.
And I also agree an excellent post by Stenhouse.
My mother in law lives in Lincolnshire and has been stuck in her house on her own for 10 weeks. We facetime her to keep her spirits up which is about all we can do.
I wish everyone on here well.

lanternhall

Post by lanternhall » Fri May 22, 2020 1:58 am

Wish you well. You have my respect.