MAN UNITED

fredandballou
MAN UNITED

Post by fredandballou » Fri May 22, 2020 12:31 pm

Manchester United have emailed all their season ticket holders advising them that they will be refunded for the cost of their unplayedj games. Will ATFC be sending out similar emails to 'Shots' season ticket holders to offer refunds?
Do football clubs have a legal obligation to refund season ticket holders for the unplayed games?

Disturbed Postie
Re: MAN UNITED

Post by Disturbed Postie » Fri May 22, 2020 1:05 pm

fredandballou wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 12:31 pm
Manchester United have emailed all their season ticket holders advising them that they will be refunded for the cost of their unplayedj games. Will ATFC be sending out similar emails to 'Shots' season ticket holders to offer refunds?
Do football clubs have a legal obligation to refund season ticket holders for the unplayed games?
A big difference here, Manchester United are loaded we’re not so nothing to applaud there!

Birdman

Post by Birdman » Fri May 22, 2020 1:12 pm

fredandballou wrote:
I wouldn’t take one even if offered, and I don’t think that I’m the only one. The club is struggling enough during this pandemic without having to find money for refunds.

Edit: We had four more home games to go and for the sake of 40 quid or so (@ Early Bird concessionary rates), I’m quite content to let it go.

Disturbed Postie

Post by Disturbed Postie » Fri May 22, 2020 1:12 pm

Birdman wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 1:12 pm
fredandballou wrote:
I wouldn’t take one even if offered, and I don’t think that I’m the only one. The club is struggling enough during this pandemic without having to find money for refunds.
Exactly my point

redandbluescb

Post by redandbluescb » Fri May 22, 2020 1:45 pm

Stupid idea Man Utd millionaires ATFC skint.

Disturbed Postie

Post by Disturbed Postie » Fri May 22, 2020 1:47 pm

More like billionaires, uncle Steve!

Wokingham Shot

Post by Wokingham Shot » Fri May 22, 2020 3:40 pm

I'm sure someone far more knowledgeable in this will confirm or otherwise, but isn't there an legal obligation to offer a refund?

Whether fans take it up it their prerogative (I refused mine on my ST), but it should be at least offered?

Wokingham Shot

Post by Wokingham Shot » Fri May 22, 2020 3:46 pm

Just as a slight aside, the local football club here is offering 2 types of season tickets. The first is a normal one, on which they will offer refunds on any games not played next year or those played BCD. It will then be your choice to accept or decline any refund next May.

But before those can be renewed you have the chance to renew as a 'Golden' season ticket. Whatever happens no refund.

So far of the 15,000 STH from last year, 3,250 have bought a 'do your dough' one.

Now tell me a football club is like any other business!!

Crowthorne

Post by Crowthorne » Fri May 22, 2020 4:52 pm

Wokingham Shot wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 3:40 pm
I'm sure someone far more knowledgeable in this will confirm or otherwise, but isn't there an legal obligation to offer a refund?

Whether fans take it up it their prerogative (I refused mine on my ST), but it should be at least offered?
I would have thought they must be obliged to offer a refund, as it is a failure to provide goods and services, although I cant imagine many would be petty enough to take it.

Disturbed Postie

Post by Disturbed Postie » Fri May 22, 2020 5:27 pm

Crowthorne wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 4:52 pm
Wokingham Shot wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 3:40 pm

I would have thought they must be obliged to offer a refund, as it is a failure to provide goods and services, although I cant imagine many would be petty enough to take it.
I agree with you crowy

Shot By Both Sides

Post by Shot By Both Sides » Fri May 22, 2020 7:55 pm

Birdman wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 1:12 pm
fredandballou wrote:

Edit: We had four more home games to go and for the sake of 40 quid or so (@ Early Bird concessionary rates), I’m quite content to let it go.
Spot on. Shahid said they've sold the same number of season tickets this season than at the same stage last. If a refund was offered I can't see any of our purchasers taking the money. We don't know what is around the corner and hopefully we will survive iif things improve by the autumn apropos crowds.

Preston Shot

Post by Preston Shot » Fri May 22, 2020 7:57 pm

United currently £430 million in debt.....
There be fooked when football restarts when they have no fans flying in from all over Europe and Ireland to watch them 😄

Disturbed Postie

Post by Disturbed Postie » Fri May 22, 2020 8:02 pm

£430 million in debt? I’m sure we’ve heard similar about those Spanish minnows Real Madrid in the past as well, as for Manchester United going bust I would say I’m more likely to be playing snooker 🎱 with a kangaroo 🦘 than that happening!

redandbluescb

Post by redandbluescb » Fri May 22, 2020 8:08 pm

Disturbed Postie wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 8:02 pm
£430 million in debt? I’m sure we’ve heard similar about those Spanish minnows Real Madrid in the past as well, as for Manchester United going bust I would say I’m more likely to be playing snooker 🎱 with a kangaroo 🦘 than that happening!
I find they are very good at the jump shot Postie.

Wokingham Shot

Post by Wokingham Shot » Fri May 22, 2020 8:14 pm

The debt is what remains of the sum borrowed by the owners to buy the club