Protests

lanternhall
Re: Protests

Post by lanternhall » Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:13 pm

Why do we fear difference? Why do we not embrace other cultures? Why do we not realise that we are really all the same?

lanternhall

Post by lanternhall » Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:22 pm

Isn't it a pity, isn't it a shame
How we break each other's hearts
And cause each other pain
How we take each other's love
Without thinking anymore
Forgetting to give back
Isn't it a pity

Somethings take so long, but how do I explain?
When not too many people
Can see we're all the same
And because of all their tears
Their eyes can't hope to see
The beauty that surrounds them, oh
Isn't it a pity

Localshot

Post by Localshot » Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:37 pm

Welcome to the Lanternhall website.

lanternhall

Post by lanternhall » Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:50 pm

Localshot wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:37 pm
Welcome to the Lanternhall website.
Glad you could join. Do you have anything worthwhile to say?

Disturbed Postie

Post by Disturbed Postie » Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:18 pm

The police aren’t racist in my opinion, anyone who thinks that is talking nonsense

hepcat

Post by hepcat » Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:20 pm

Is racism just a default excuse that gets over used ? There were huge screams of "It's because of racism" when it was revealed that a higher percentage of Black people were diagnosed as mentally ill. Now it is accepted that cultural use of drugs/cannabis was the likely factor. Why is ethnic on ethnic racism never considered ? The Equalities commission found to their horror that white candidates were more likely to be selected by ethnic interviewing panels and the reasons basically boiled down to muslims/hindus would never pick each other; African's have a high racist attitude to other Africans and all went for the "neutral" white. All white interview boards were likely to favour ethnic candidates-so it WAS racism, but not of the lazy self righteous sort white anti racists want us to believe. So the problem is actually exasperated by the "Only white people are racist" cliché. I've always thought it patronisingly white that whites refer to "African's" as if Africa was one great homogenous nation where they all get on fine (Even the genocide in Rwanda didn't dispel this myth for white people let alone the number of Countries that make up the continent) and Zimbabwe was a racist mess under Mugabe-possibly the only Black person in Africa who made Smith's apartheid regime seem like a golden era of social harmony and dignity for Blacks ! (And the tribes still detest each other-ie are racist-today.) White anti racists really need to read and educate themselves by listening to what Black people have to say; Petina Gappah is a good read on Zimbabwe -and in for the most cynical condemnation are the pompous self righteous whites who fund loads of "Human rights" seminars (jollies) which are just waffle shops that produce nothing of worth and zero changes-; they just make white people feel good about themselves and allow them to pretend they're "Doing something" )
For things to change everyone has to get out of warn out cliché mode and whites need to stop politicising the whole agenda around their dogmas and terms and face up to the fact that ethnics have a race hate problem that also needs confronting.

lanternhall

Post by lanternhall » Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:27 pm

hepcat wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:20 pm
Is racism just a default excuse that gets over used ? There were huge screams of "It's because of racism" when it was revealed that a higher percentage of Black people were diagnosed as mentally ill. Now it is accepted that cultural use of drugs/cannabis was the likely factor. Why is ethnic on ethnic racism never considered ? The Equalities commission found to their horror that white candidates were more likely to be selected by ethnic interviewing panels and the reasons basically boiled down to muslims/hindus would never pick each other; African's have a high racist attitude to other Africans and all went for the "neutral" white. All white interview boards were likely to favour ethnic candidates-so it WAS racism, but not of the lazy self righteous sort white anti racists want us to believe. So the problem is actually exasperated by the "Only white people are racist" cliché. I've always thought it patronisingly white that whites refer to "African's" as if Africa was one great homogenous nation where they all get on fine (Even the genocide in Rwanda didn't dispel this myth for white people let alone the number of Countries that make up the continent) and Zimbabwe was a racist mess under Mugabe-possibly the only Black person in Africa who made Smith's apartheid regime seem like a golden era of social harmony and dignity for Blacks ! (And the tribes still detest each other-ie are racist-today.) White anti racists really need to read and educate themselves by listening to what Black people have to say; Petina Gappah is a good read on Zimbabwe -and in for the most cynical condemnation are the pompous self righteous whites who fund loads of "Human rights" seminars (jollies) which are just waffle shops that produce nothing of worth and zero changes-; they just make white people feel good about themselves and allow them to pretend they're "Doing something" )
For things to change everyone has to get out of warn out cliché mode and whites need to stop politicising the whole agenda around their dogmas and terms and face up to the fact that ethnics have a race hate problem that also needs confronting.
Excellent post and food for thought. I have had a few drinks so won't comment too much but basically you are right. Without wanting to sound creepy. You are obviously an educated person.

Disturbed Postie

Post by Disturbed Postie » Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:05 pm

The 🐈 is very intelligent, you appear to like a drink 🥃 or 3, Paul!

ShotOnTarget

Post by ShotOnTarget » Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:23 pm

hepcat wrote:
Even the genocide in Rwanda didn't dispel this myth for white people
I came across someone that had studied African Politics after the genocide and she didn't know what I was talking about and was completely unaware that it had happened. I guess the University was too busy making sure everyone on the course was aware that they would fail should they not acknowledge that all of the worlds problems are all to do with white colonialism.

Crowthorne

Post by Crowthorne » Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:07 am

SoT, read the history a bit deeper and you will find that the inter tribal issues were fostered by Belgiums colonial rule of Rwanda and Burundi.

Charles Dickens

Post by Charles Dickens » Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:42 am

Crowthorne wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:07 am
SoT, read the history a bit deeper and you will find that the inter tribal issues were fostered by Belgiums colonial rule of Rwanda and Burundi.
Well at least it is a change from blaming the British for every disaster that happens in Africa and America and elsewhere on planet Earth.

ShotOnTarget

Post by ShotOnTarget » Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:03 am

Crowthorne wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:07 am
From what part of my post did you infer that I did not know that?

Cph.shots

Post by Cph.shots » Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:32 pm

I have enjoyed reading the wide range of different opinions on this board over last few months, but I have to admit I find it incredibly insulting that you are saying that I, & a lot of other Shot Webbers are racist..Especially when you do not know this people on a personal level.
[/quote]

[/I haven't noticed LH calling anyone on here a racist!color]

lanternhall

Post by lanternhall » Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:43 pm

Cph.shots wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:32 pm
I have enjoyed reading the wide range of different opinions on this board over last few months, but I have to admit I find it incredibly insulting that you are saying that I, & a lot of other Shot Webbers are racist..Especially when you do not know this people on a personal level.
[/I haven't noticed LH calling anyone on here a racist!color]
[/quote]

That is because I have not. I believe that there is inherent racism in society. That does not mean that I am calling any individual out.

lanternhall

Post by lanternhall » Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:48 pm

ShotOnTarget wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:23 pm
hepcat wrote:
Even the genocide in Rwanda didn't dispel this myth for white people
I came across someone that had studied African Politics after the genocide and she didn't know what I was talking about and was completely unaware that it had happened. I guess the University was too busy making sure everyone on the course was aware that they would fail should they not acknowledge that all of the worlds problems are all to do with white colonialism.
A lot of them are. The British Empire stole these countries wealth and enslaved their people. We are now seeing the consequences.