Johnson and austerity

lanternhall
Johnson and austerity

Post by lanternhall » Sun Jun 28, 2020 2:57 am

I know it is politics again, so if this thread is deleted , I have no problems.

Reason for it, saw on red button Johnson has no plans to go back to austerity (I agree) and is focused on public spending.
That was Labours policy at election.

Johnson is pursuing the Labour manifesto which is fantastic but the wrong party is in power.

Shot By Both Sides
Re: Johnson and austerity

Post by Shot By Both Sides » Sun Jun 28, 2020 5:53 am

1. sternness or severity of manner or attitude.
"he was noted for his austerity and his authoritarianism"

2. difficult economic conditions created by government measures to reduce public expenditure
So to "2" implying a return to general lockdown?

On Friday I think it was he (Johnson) said that some of the restrictions would be put back "if people continued to take liberties with social distancing"

And after the Bournemouth beach "major incident" when a couple in Ringwood thought "Its going to be a lovely warm day, I know darling, let's visit Bournemouth and hope that nobody else has the same idea" and then 100,000 people had the same idea, Hancock (Covidiot for Health) declared that he would CLOSE the beaches (which as we know is impossible to do).

They could try and patrol it but there aren't the resources anyway. Look what happened in the last lockdown. Soon as the patrol car came along, everyone (watching and waiting) would leave, soon as the car went off the beach went back to how it should be.

On top of all that, if you think that the recent BLM protestations were violent, imagine what will happen (and it would) if people who were shut in a box for three months, let out for a bit of play and just when they were enjoying the sunshine and the occasional Haagen Das were told, no, you've been very naughty, back in the box you go.

So I don't imagine Johnson will do a U-turn in the economy. I'd be surprised if he had the mettle. Isn't it later this week that hotels, pubs, cafes and hairdressers are re-opening? And the toilets - need to get them open - people urinating and worse everywhere - we've almost become France.

Oh, before I forget, on the news last evening there was a story from Australia where stores were imposing a one pack limit per person on toilet roll (remember when we all had to search high and low for it?) owing to a spike in Covid-19 infections.
"The eleven new infections in the state of Victoria".
Wait, wait, wait... ELEVEN new cases and that's a SPIKE?

Wow.

Have a lovely Sunday, lanternhall.

Old Boy

Post by Old Boy » Sun Jun 28, 2020 6:18 am

Anyone who relies on any political party's manifesto is heading for a big disappointment !!

lanternhall

Post by lanternhall » Sun Jun 28, 2020 6:20 am

You are actually very funny. That is ment genuinely. Your post made me laugh.

Shot By Both Sides

Post by Shot By Both Sides » Sun Jun 28, 2020 6:24 am

Well you know I blog. And I love feature writing. And I have a fairly decent constabulary. And some people tell me that I write well. So why not! Thanks, lanternhall. 👍

Mind you, your post being under Old Boy (who must have thrown the duvet off at exactly the same time) makes it look like you are addressing him and not me! 🤣

Somerset Shot

Post by Somerset Shot » Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:52 am

lanternhall wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 2:57 am

Reason for it, saw on red button Johnson has no plans to go back to austerity (I agree) and is focused on public spending.

Johnson is pursuing the Labour manifesto which is fantastic but the wrong party is in power.
Danny Searle has won us the league but it would have been better if another manager had done it. [If only, I know, but just an analogy that sprung to mind!]

You’ve got policies you like being delivered, why the dogmatism?

lanternhall

Post by lanternhall » Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:08 am

Somerset Shot wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:52 am
lanternhall wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 2:57 am

Danny Searle has won us the league but it would have been better if another manager had done it. [If only, I know, but just an analogy that sprung to mind!]

You’ve got policies you like being delivered, why the dogmatism?

Because it's hypocrisy. You trash a parties manifesto at an election and then follow their policies.

EastbankAndy

Post by EastbankAndy » Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:51 am

There is enough division between members on here ref our Football club, so why would you even think about posting a politics thread? I admire DS and BJ

Can admin delete this please? 😉

lanternhall

Post by lanternhall » Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:59 am

Why do you need to read it?

EastbankAndy

Post by EastbankAndy » Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:36 am

Yes that’s very true. I should have learned not to read any thread that’s got your name on it. Shame we havnt got a block button so I can’t be tempted in the future. No willpower you see😂😂😂😂

Ian M

Post by Ian M » Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:39 am

...any major changes to the economic landscape since the election by any chance?????????????????????????????????? :lol: :lol:

lanternhall

Post by lanternhall » Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:53 am

EastbankAndy wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:36 am
Yes that’s very true. I should have learned not to read any thread that’s got your name on it. Shame we havnt got a block button so I can’t be tempted in the future. No willpower you see😂😂😂😂
I would of thought the title of the thread might have given you a bit of a clue? I believe that there is a block button. Feel free to use it.