Social care crisis

Post Reply
lanternhall
Posts: 999
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:37 am
Re: Social care crisis

Post by lanternhall » Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:22 pm

Disturbed Postie wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:37 pm
Some people are unlucky to be unemployed but some are lazy feckers!
Most people that are unemployed are unlucky. Unfortunately people like yourself tar them with the same brush as the lasy feckers.

redandbluescb
Posts: 486
Joined: Sat May 19, 2018 9:29 pm
Re: Social care crisis

Post by redandbluescb » Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:31 pm

Mr. Hall is looking for a punch bag again.

Disturbed Postie
Posts: 1078
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:42 pm
Re: Social care crisis

Post by Disturbed Postie » Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:42 pm

lanternhall wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:22 pm
Disturbed Postie wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:37 pm
Some people are unlucky to be unemployed but some are lazy feckers!
Most people that are unemployed are unlucky. Unfortunately people like yourself tar them with the same brush as the lasy feckers.
No I don’t because there are genuinely lazy people about so stop being angry and stop looking for an argument theirs a good dister!

Crowthorne
Posts: 382
Joined: Sat Mar 30, 2019 1:18 pm
Re: Social care crisis

Post by Crowthorne » Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:54 pm

lanternhall wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:22 pm
Disturbed Postie wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:37 pm
Some people are unlucky to be unemployed but some are lazy feckers!
Most people that are unemployed are unlucky. Unfortunately people like yourself tar them with the same brush as the lasy feckers.
Nothing controversial in what DP said, there are plenty of people who have no intention or interest in working. I see people almost every day hanging around Ladbrokes or drinking special brew in the town centre, not because there is no work but they dont want to do it.
Even though I am a leave voter, I will admit that the Poles etc are the ones I see coming out of the distribution centres having done a days work.
Nobody wants to see a return to the times when people queued for a days work, but the sense of entitlement that some people have is staggering. How often do you hear it's my right to be supported by the state? But rights without obligation are meaningless

Disturbed Postie
Posts: 1078
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:42 pm
Re: Social care crisis

Post by Disturbed Postie » Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:18 pm

Thanks crowthorne

lanternhall
Posts: 999
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:37 am
Re: Social care crisis

Post by lanternhall » Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:01 am

Crowthorne wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:54 pm
lanternhall wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:22 pm
Disturbed Postie wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:37 pm
Some people are unlucky to be unemployed but some are lazy feckers!
Most people that are unemployed are unlucky. Unfortunately people like yourself tar them with the same brush as the lasy feckers.
Nothing controversial in what DP said, there are plenty of people who have no intention or interest in working. I see people almost every day hanging around Ladbrokes or drinking special brew in the town centre, not because there is no work but they dont want to do it.
Even though I am a leave voter, I will admit that the Poles etc are the ones I see coming out of the distribution centres having done a days work.
Nobody wants to see a return to the times when people queued for a days work, but the sense of entitlement that some people have is staggering. How often do you hear it's my right to be supported by the state? But rights without obligation are meaningless


So again you are taring everyone with the same brush. If unfortunately you lost your house because of economy and your relationship split and ended up homeless on the streets. Would you say " Dont give these wasters money's?

Everyone is only one step away.

Dr Jim Royle
Posts: 342
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:21 am
Re: Social care crisis

Post by Dr Jim Royle » Thu Jul 30, 2020 7:25 am

So again you are taring everyone with the same brush. If unfortunately you lost your house because of economy and your relationship split and ended up homeless on the streets. Would you say " Dont give these wasters money's?

Everyone is only one step away.
You are mixing up your point with the assumption all unemployed are lazy beggars and not entitled to benefits by folk like me pointing out, fine to pay out benefits but whilst in doing so it would do no harm for them to say contribute 2 days per week working in the community.

The world is a different place now, massive spends and needs are creating huge shortfalls in contributions, somebody has to pay for this ....... and it falls mostly on the employed to do so. I have no issues with this, it is a fact of life. BUT, all I think is by way of have state benefits which most folk need and cannot help, they in turn give a little back by helping support that hand out.

If I was out of work and claiming benefits, I would have no problems having say to work two days a week doing things like simple garden maintenance in care homes or picking up litter from roadsides or driving folks to hospitals etc etc etc. That would still give me 5 days a week job searching.

I get nervous when folk take the high road in saying it is the unemployed divine right to have such benefit pay outs, attitudes like that will bankrupt our Country even quicker and then we really will see poverty on a massive scale. The world has changed, some folk need to look outside the snuggle box they have been wrapped up in for years.

Crowthorne
Posts: 382
Joined: Sat Mar 30, 2019 1:18 pm
Re: Social care crisis

Post by Crowthorne » Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:01 am

lanternhall wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:01 am
Crowthorne wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:54 pm
lanternhall wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:22 pm


Most people that are unemployed are unlucky. Unfortunately people like yourself tar them with the same brush as the lasy feckers.
Nothing controversial in what DP said, there are plenty of people who have no intention or interest in working. I see people almost every day hanging around Ladbrokes or drinking special brew in the town centre, not because there is no work but they dont want to do it.
Even though I am a leave voter, I will admit that the Poles etc are the ones I see coming out of the distribution centres having done a days work.
Nobody wants to see a return to the times when people queued for a days work, but the sense of entitlement that some people have is staggering. How often do you hear it's my right to be supported by the state? But rights without obligation are meaningless


So again you are taring everyone with the same brush. If unfortunately you lost your house because of economy and your relationship split and ended up homeless on the streets. Would you say " Dont give these wasters money's?

Everyone is only one step away.
Get a grip, where did I say everyone. I just pointed out there are some people who don't want to work, the same as DP mentioned.
You have made up a narrative that suits you and are trying to find an argument.

redblueuptoyou
Posts: 352
Joined: Wed May 30, 2018 1:52 pm
Re: Social care crisis

Post by redblueuptoyou » Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:04 am

Although it’s fallen down the wayside a little with the pandemic and sheer number of people out of work/on furlough, to claim JSA benefits of just under £150 a fortnight, you have to ‘prove’ you’ve spent 35 hours a week searching for work.

The definition is quite loose and could be writing up and honing your CV, talking to recruitment agents, interview prep, interviews, online courses, ‘networking’ etc. In job centre catch-ups (again, I don’t think they are happening right now), you have to show exactly what you’ve been doing, almost on an hourly basis. Of course, you’re always going to get some taking the mickey but if the job centre staff are on it, they should be weeded out. Unfortunately these meetings can’t happen right now with the sheer amount of people out of work through no fault of their own.

Like I said before, I like the idea of asking the unemployed to do some volunteer work (it could do wonders for their mental health) two days a week but the above aspect would need to change to show three or four days of job hunting instead? It’s important people have the time to switch off at least one day a week.

Dr Jim Royle
Posts: 342
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:21 am
Re: Social care crisis

Post by Dr Jim Royle » Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:33 am

Although it’s fallen down the wayside a little with the pandemic and sheer number of people out of work/on furlough, to claim JSA benefits of just under £150 a fortnight, you have to ‘prove’ you’ve spent 35 hours a week searching for work.

The definition is quite loose and could be writing up and honing your CV, talking to recruitment agents, interview prep, interviews, online courses, ‘networking’ etc. In job centre catch-ups (again, I don’t think they are happening right now), you have to show exactly what you’ve been doing, almost on an hourly basis. Of course, you’re always going to get some taking the mickey but if the job centre staff are on it, they should be weeded out. Unfortunately these meetings can’t happen right now with the sheer amount of people out of work through no fault of their own.

Like I said before, I like the idea of asking the unemployed to do some volunteer work (it could do wonders for their mental health) two days a week but the above aspect would need to change to show three or four days of job hunting instead? It’s important people have the time to switch off at least one day a week.


Having the unfortunate misfortune to have been out of work some years back I can tell you supplying "proof" of job search is very limiting. Most of it was verbal, you took copies of letters sent applying and snapshots of ones you applied on line. CV's took less than a day to prep, even applications had formats you followed. In truth you would spend less than 2 hours a day searching. I even went out hand posting my CV's around industrial estates etc. When you went into to see your benefits adviser you'd be in and out within minutes. There is no way having to work two days a week to earn benefits would have been impossible.

Don't think I've seen so many reasons being out of work is physically draining on the individual !!!! God forbid our country ever insists military service when leaving school ........... We are becoming a Nation Of Soft Bellies !!! :lol:

redblueuptoyou
Posts: 352
Joined: Wed May 30, 2018 1:52 pm
Re: Social care crisis

Post by redblueuptoyou » Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:43 am

Dr Jim Royle wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:33 am
Although it’s fallen down the wayside a little with the pandemic and sheer number of people out of work/on furlough, to claim JSA benefits of just under £150 a fortnight, you have to ‘prove’ you’ve spent 35 hours a week searching for work.

The definition is quite loose and could be writing up and honing your CV, talking to recruitment agents, interview prep, interviews, online courses, ‘networking’ etc. In job centre catch-ups (again, I don’t think they are happening right now), you have to show exactly what you’ve been doing, almost on an hourly basis. Of course, you’re always going to get some taking the mickey but if the job centre staff are on it, they should be weeded out. Unfortunately these meetings can’t happen right now with the sheer amount of people out of work through no fault of their own.

Like I said before, I like the idea of asking the unemployed to do some volunteer work (it could do wonders for their mental health) two days a week but the above aspect would need to change to show three or four days of job hunting instead? It’s important people have the time to switch off at least one day a week.


Having the unfortunate misfortune to have been out of work some years back I can tell you supplying "proof" of job search is very limiting. Most of it was verbal, you took copies of letters sent applying and snapshots of ones you applied on line. CV's took less than a day to prep, even applications had formats you followed. In truth you would spend less than 2 hours a day searching. I even went out hand posting my CV's around industrial estates etc. When you went into to see your benefits adviser you'd be in and out within minutes. There is no way having to work two days a week to earn benefits would have been impossible.

Don't think I've seen so many reasons being out of work is physically draining on the individual !!!! God forbid our country ever insists military service when leaving school ........... We are becoming a Nation Of Soft Bellies !!! :lol:
Yes, it’s still loose but in today’s digital world they can ask for email proof of applications etc.

Last time I was at a job centre interview (almost a decade ago), the meeting went on for a while and the guy on the desk next to me genuinely told his advisor he wouldn’t do a job as it would mean getting up at 7am (!).

I was more concerned about mental well-being. Getting constant rejections (or nothing at all, in many cases nowadays) and being led a merry dance by ‘recruiters’ who are on commission to get details and nothing else can get to people.

Disturbed Postie
Posts: 1078
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:42 pm
Re: Social care crisis

Post by Disturbed Postie » Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:56 am

Crowthorne wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:01 am
lanternhall wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:01 am
Crowthorne wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:54 pm

Nothing controversial in what DP said, there are plenty of people who have no intention or interest in working. I see people almost every day hanging around Ladbrokes or drinking special brew in the town centre, not because there is no work but they dont want to do it.
Even though I am a leave voter, I will admit that the Poles etc are the ones I see coming out of the distribution centres having done a days work.
Nobody wants to see a return to the times when people queued for a days work, but the sense of entitlement that some people have is staggering. How often do you hear it's my right to be supported by the state? But rights without obligation are meaningless


So again you are taring everyone with the same brush. If unfortunately you lost your house because of economy and your relationship split and ended up homeless on the streets. Would you say " Dont give these wasters money's?

Everyone is only one step away.
Get a grip, where did I say everyone. I just pointed out there are some people who don't want to work, the same as DP mentioned.
You have made up a narrative that suits you and are trying to find an argument.
I give up, he just constantly mis quotes people

lanternhall
Posts: 999
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:37 am
Re: Social care crisis

Post by lanternhall » Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:35 am

Dr Jim Royle wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 7:25 am
So again you are taring everyone with the same brush. If unfortunately you lost your house because of economy and your relationship split and ended up homeless on the streets. Would you say " Dont give these wasters money's?

Everyone is only one step away.
You are mixing up your point with the assumption all unemployed are lazy beggars and not entitled to benefits by folk like me pointing out, fine to pay out benefits but whilst in doing so it would do no harm for them to say contribute 2 days per week working in the community.

The world is a different place now, massive spends and needs are creating huge shortfalls in contributions, somebody has to pay for this ....... and it falls mostly on the employed to do so. I have no issues with this, it is a fact of life. BUT, all I think is by way of have state benefits which most folk need and cannot help, they in turn give a little back by helping support that hand out.

If I was out of work and claiming benefits, I would have no problems having say to work two days a week doing things like simple garden maintenance in care homes or picking up litter from roadsides or driving folks to hospitals etc etc etc. That would still give me 5 days a week job searching.

I get nervous when folk take the high road in saying it is the unemployed divine right to have such benefit pay outs, attitudes like that will bankrupt our Country even quicker and then we really will see poverty on a massive scale. The world has changed, some folk need to look outside the snuggle box they have been wrapped up in for years.

You have not read my post properly. It is their right to claim unemployment benefit. They have payed for it through National Insurance Contributions when working. Why should they work for it again?

lanternhall
Posts: 999
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:37 am
Re: Social care crisis

Post by lanternhall » Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:40 am

Dr Jim Royle wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:33 am
Although it’s fallen down the wayside a little with the pandemic and sheer number of people out of work/on furlough, to claim JSA benefits of just under £150 a fortnight, you have to ‘prove’ you’ve spent 35 hours a week searching for work.

The definition is quite loose and could be writing up and honing your CV, talking to recruitment agents, interview prep, interviews, online courses, ‘networking’ etc. In job centre catch-ups (again, I don’t think they are happening right now), you have to show exactly what you’ve been doing, almost on an hourly basis. Of course, you’re always going to get some taking the mickey but if the job centre staff are on it, they should be weeded out. Unfortunately these meetings can’t happen right now with the sheer amount of people out of work through no fault of their own.

Like I said before, I like the idea of asking the unemployed to do some volunteer work (it could do wonders for their mental health) two days a week but the above aspect would need to change to show three or four days of job hunting instead? It’s important people have the time to switch off at least one day a week.


Having the unfortunate misfortune to have been out of work some years back I can tell you supplying "proof" of job search is very limiting. Most of it was verbal, you took copies of letters sent applying and snapshots of ones you applied on line. CV's took less than a day to prep, even applications had formats you followed. In truth you would spend less than 2 hours a day searching. I even went out hand posting my CV's around industrial estates etc. When you went into to see your benefits adviser you'd be in and out within minutes. There is no way having to work two days a week to earn benefits would have been impossible.

Don't think I've seen so many reasons being out of work is physically draining on the individual !!!! God forbid our country ever insists military service when leaving school ........... We are becoming a Nation Of Soft Bellies !!! :lol:

How are you earning benefits when you have already paid for them through National Insurance Contributions?

Dr Jim Royle
Posts: 342
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:21 am
Re: Social care crisis

Post by Dr Jim Royle » Fri Jul 31, 2020 4:31 am

You have not read my post properly. It is their right to claim unemployment benefit. They have payed for it through National Insurance Contributions when working. Why should they work for it again?
Makes you wonder why folk bother working at all with attitudes like this !!!


Post Reply