Big Match Revisted again

Post Reply
Anon E Mouse
Posts: 1377
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:29 pm
Big Match Revisted again

Post by Anon E Mouse » Mon Jul 27, 2020 7:11 pm

Last Saturday’s programme available on catchup on itv 4 features Chelsea v Sheff Utd and features a behind the scenes piece inc our very own Tommy Langley with bowl haircut 💇‍♂️ :D

Anon E Mouse
Posts: 1377
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:29 pm
Re: Big Match Revisted again

Post by Anon E Mouse » Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:24 pm

And he scored. :)

BillB
Posts: 210
Joined: Fri Jan 12, 2007 1:04 pm
Location: Herne Bay, Kent
Re: Big Match Revisted again

Post by BillB » Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:39 am

With a haircut like that he deserved to

Disturbed Postie
Posts: 1056
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:42 pm
Re: Big Match Revisted again

Post by Disturbed Postie » Tue Jul 28, 2020 10:06 am

It’s been good watching these on Saturday and Sunday mornings of late 70’s football but these players had some peculiar surnames!

Anon E Mouse
Posts: 1377
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:29 pm
Re: Big Match Revisted again

Post by Anon E Mouse » Tue Jul 28, 2020 1:42 pm

Disturbed Postie wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 10:06 am
It’s been good watching these on Saturday and Sunday mornings of late 70’s football but these players had some peculiar surnames!
I must admit i’ve enjoyed watching the 70’s football more than the 2020 version.
Brian Moore is excellent as well.
Hoping for a full Re run of the 1977 Cup Final too :wink:

Disturbed Postie
Posts: 1056
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:42 pm
Re: Big Match Revisted again

Post by Disturbed Postie » Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:08 pm

The 76 final would have been great if I was old enough, second division Southampton beating the plastics 👍

shots1965
Posts: 371
Joined: Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:16 pm
Location: Oklahoma USA
Re: Big Match Revisted again

Post by shots1965 » Wed Jul 29, 2020 12:44 am

Ray Lewington..Chelsea)Now assistant manager of Crystal Palace, with Roy Hodgson...Never really rated him as a player

I won’t be Re-visiting



Way too many commercials .Taking the pi$$

shots1965
Posts: 371
Joined: Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:16 pm
Location: Oklahoma USA
Re: Big Match Revisted again

Post by shots1965 » Wed Jul 29, 2020 12:48 am

Disturbed Postie wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 10:06 am
It’s been good watching these on Saturday and Sunday mornings of late 70’s football but these players had some peculiar surnames!
Would you like to give us some examples please Mr postie

A.T.F.C 92
Posts: 99
Joined: Sun Oct 08, 2017 6:24 pm
Re: Big Match Revisted again

Post by A.T.F.C 92 » Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:11 am

Anon E Mouse wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 7:11 pm
Last Saturday’s programme available on catchup on itv 4 features Chelsea v Sheff Utd and features a behind the scenes piece inc our very own Tommy Langley with bowl haircut 💇‍♂️ :D
He know owns race horses and lives in south Africa

Fuggletim
Posts: 304
Joined: Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:16 pm
Location: Whitehill
Re: Big Match Revisted again

Post by Fuggletim » Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:39 am

shots1965 wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 12:48 am
Disturbed Postie wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 10:06 am
It’s been good watching these on Saturday and Sunday mornings of late 70’s football but these players had some peculiar surnames!
Would you like to give us some examples please Mr postie
One thing that is noticeable is that there were very few players from outside the UK in those days. If you compare the 1977 Chelsea team in the edition shown on Sunday and then look at the team that faced Wolves on Sunday afternoon, that is very noticeable.

Not going onto a rant again, as probably most know my view on the Premier League, but it really just re-inforces my view that the current completion just happens to be played in England, but with little "English" influence.

Anon E Mouse
Posts: 1377
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:29 pm
Re: Big Match Revisted again

Post by Anon E Mouse » Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:04 am

shots1965 wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 12:44 am
Ray Lewington..Chelsea)Now assistant manager of Crystal Palace, with Roy Hodgson...Never really rated him as a player

I won’t be Re-visiting



Way too many commercials .Taking the pi$$
Record and fast forward or watch on catch up and the commercials go 😄

Anon E Mouse
Posts: 1377
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:29 pm
Re: Big Match Revisted again

Post by Anon E Mouse » Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:06 am

Disturbed Postie wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:08 pm
The 76 final would have been great if I was old enough, second division Southampton beating the plastics 👍
Plastics ?
I won’t be watching that one. Still scarred by that game and the one in 79.

Disturbed Postie
Posts: 1056
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:42 pm
Re: Big Match Revisted again

Post by Disturbed Postie » Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:25 am

shots1965 wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 12:48 am
Disturbed Postie wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 10:06 am
It’s been good watching these on Saturday and Sunday mornings of late 70’s football but these players had some peculiar surnames!
Would you like to give us some examples please Mr postie
Pretty obvious what I’m getting at, Tim knows what I’m on about

shots1965
Posts: 371
Joined: Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:16 pm
Location: Oklahoma USA
Re: Big Match Revisted again

Post by shots1965 » Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:00 pm

Disturbed Postie wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:25 am
shots1965 wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 12:48 am
Disturbed Postie wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 10:06 am
It’s been good watching these on Saturday and Sunday mornings of late 70’s football but these players had some peculiar surnames!
Would you like to give us some examples please Mr postie
Pretty obvious what I’m getting at, Tim knows what I’m on about
I guess I’m not a smart as you Mr postie, because it’s not obvious to me.
😀😀😀

Disturbed Postie
Posts: 1056
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:42 pm
Re: Big Match Revisted again

Post by Disturbed Postie » Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:54 pm

Names like Wilkins Harris droy wicks rix woodcock robson smith, yes?


Post Reply