FGR & Hector Bellerin

brian bloomfield
Re: FGR & Hector Bellerin

Post by brian bloomfield » Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:40 am

With more people now looking at a non meat produced diet the club should now provide via concessions a vegetarian / vegan food outlet. Is there anyone on this board who knows a local company who could help. In the lounges even at short notice Clarkes the club caterers produce some very good vegetarian fayre.

Jason

Post by Jason » Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:01 am

brian bloomfield wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:40 am
With more people now looking at a non meat produced diet the club should now provide via concessions a vegetarian / vegan food outlet. Is there anyone on this board who knows a local company who could help. In the lounges even at short notice Clarkes the club caterers produce some very good vegetarian fayre.
I know a company quite local to Aldershot who produce both Vegan burgers and vegan bacon. I am sure they would be delighted to partner with the football club to assist. Their products have long shelf lives too, which would be handy for mass catering.

I have tried before to suggest stuff to the club, but have had no response.

Dom Sterlings Left Leg

Post by Dom Sterlings Left Leg » Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:25 am

Each to their own when it comes to being vegitarian or vegan or whatever as long as its not ramed down everyones throat (not literally).

What i find curious is that if you dont eat meat (presumably from a moral stand point... fine) why are vegitarian products made to taste like meat?

Im against eating bacon but i like eating things that taste like bacon..

Jason

Post by Jason » Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:39 am

Dom Sterlings Left Leg wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:25 am
Each to their own when it comes to being vegitarian or vegan or whatever as long as its not ramed down everyones throat (not literally).

What i find curious is that if you dont eat meat (presumably from a moral stand point... fine) why are vegitarian products made to taste like meat?

Think you've essentially answered your own question there. People often choose to go vegetarian or vegan not because they dislike the taste of animals, but because they view it as ethically wrong to abuse them, or they do it for health or environmental reasons. Hence some would have the desire to mimic the taste and texture if they can.

It is also done to make it easier for people. People want to take the easy option, so if you were to make a bacon sandwich, but wanted to do it Vegan/vegetarian, it's easier if there is a product labelled Veggie bacon, or the same analogy for chicken, mince, etc.

Anon E Mouse

Post by Anon E Mouse » Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:05 pm

Jason wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:39 am
Dom Sterlings Left Leg wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:25 am

Think you've essentially answered your own question there. People often choose to go vegetarian or vegan not because they dislike the taste of animals, but because they view it as ethically wrong to abuse them, or they do it for health or environmental reasons. Hence some would have the desire to mimic the taste and texture if they can.

It is also done to make it easier for people. People want to take the easy option, so if you were to make a bacon sandwich, but wanted to do it Vegan/vegetarian, it's easier if there is a product labelled Veggie bacon, or the same analogy for chicken, mince, etc.
Exactly this ^

Bacon is actually the one thing they really haven’t been able to properly replicate in veggie form both in the way of taste or texture (well not all the ones i’ve Tried).
Burgers yes with Jack Fruit and Seitan.
Some veggie sausages are amazingly close. I even sent some back at a restaurant a couple of years back as I thought they had given me meat ones.

It would be a bold move for a small footie club to have a dedicated veggie / vegan outlet but for the main vans not to even have an option seems shortsighted especially with the rise of people changing.

Even Burger King recently brought out the Rebel Whopper, that tastes amazingly meat like only to score a bit of an own goal by not only using Mayo in the buns but cooking them on the same grill as the meat ones. Shame. So close.

Preston Shot

Post by Preston Shot » Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:56 pm

Its quite obvious that we need to go down the Green route as a club as its fashionable and will attract potential investors.
A female black lesbian owner would also be useful to attract potential investors :mrgreen:

I'm joking obviously but this is the way the world is going now.

Fair play to FGR , they are years in front of the majority of clubs and businesses.

redandbluescb

Post by redandbluescb » Wed Sep 09, 2020 4:06 pm

Proper beef mince and dumplings for me tonight.

Anon E Mouse

Post by Anon E Mouse » Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:17 pm

Preston Shot wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:56 pm
Its quite obvious that we need to go down the Green route as a club as its fashionable and will attract potential investors.
A female black lesbian owner would also be useful to attract potential investors :mrgreen:

I'm joking obviously but this is the way the world is going now.

Fair play to FGR , they are years in front of the majority of clubs and businesses.
It’s not a new way of life for me. Became Veggie in the early 80’s when it wasn’t trendy and quite difficult. It’s easy now compared but doubt I will go Vegan ever.

Like the owner idea ...as long as she’s very very rich. :lol:

Desertshot

Post by Desertshot » Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:43 pm

I'm not sure what to make of FGR. How can a football match be carbon neutral when 2k plus folk travel to the game, many by car? Can't all be Tesla's oners can they? Also being a Vegan doesn't automatically mean you're eco friendly. Ive seen plenty of veggie/vegan food in plastic packaging! I believe Mr Vince to be a business man, he has seen an opportunity and taken it. Is his football club good for the environment, personally I doubt it but I'm a cynical old **** and I've lived to long in this cynical world to think he does what he does for the benefit of mother nature. He invests in FGR as its proven to be click bait for the Media and that is very good for business......Could ATFC take a leaf (sorry) out of his book, yes they could BUT please don't try and hood wink me into believing you doing it for the greater good of mankind......thats just....well you know.......I'll get my coat!

brian bloomfield

Post by brian bloomfield » Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:33 am

Desertshot wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:43 pm
I'm not sure what to make of FGR. How can a football match be carbon neutral when 2k plus folk travel to the game, many by car? Can't all be Tesla's oners can they? Also being a Vegan doesn't automatically mean you're eco friendly. Ive seen plenty of veggie/vegan food in plastic packaging! I believe Mr Vince to be a business man, he has seen an opportunity and taken it. Is his football club good for the environment, personally I doubt it but I'm a cynical old **** and I've lived to long in this cynical world to think he does what he does for the benefit of mother nature. He invests in FGR as its proven to be click bait for the Media and that is very good for business......Could ATFC take a leaf (sorry) out of his book, yes they could BUT please don't try and hood wink me into believing you doing it for the greater good of mankind......thats just....well you know.......I'll get my coat!
I think Vince Dale always had the (Save The Earth) ideology from a very young age, it's just that he became a very successful businessman in the Green Energy business. Any reduction in our carbon footprint we can individually make no matter how small is beneficial to all.

Desertshot

Post by Desertshot » Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:12 am

I think Vince Dale always had the (Save The Earth) ideology from a very young age, it's just that he became a very successful businessman in the Green Energy business. Any reduction in our carbon footprint we can individually make no matter how small is beneficial to all.

Hi Brian, I agree that we can all make changes in our life styles that can make a difference. I have no issue with Mr Vince with regard to his Eco business but I do with his sponsorship of FGR. Is it hypocritical? his main tenet is sustainability. Are FGR financially sustainable? Wealthy people pouring vast sums of money into football clubs has distorted the playing field (npi). In particular players wages and fee's. Sadly the only way a club like ours can currently survive is if good people are prepared to donate £££'s to keep it afloat. Pouring money into a FC is not a sound financial investment. So why do it? Ego, to invest in the community, give something back, draw attention to yourself to further another business venture? .......it's great for FGR and it's certainly been very useful for Mr Vince. I'm not convinced that Mr Vince's involvement with FGR is good for football or good for the planet.

brian bloomfield

Post by brian bloomfield » Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:27 am

Desertshot wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:12 am

Hi Brian, I agree that we can all make changes in our life styles that can make a difference. I have no issue with Mr Vince with regard to his Eco business but I do with his sponsorship of FGR. Is it hypocritical? his main tenet is sustainability. Are FGR financially sustainable? Wealthy people pouring vast sums of money into football clubs has distorted the playing field (npi). In particular players wages and fee's. Sadly the only way a club like ours can currently survive is if good people are prepared to donate £££'s to keep it afloat. Pouring money into a FC is not a sound financial investment. So why do it? Ego, to invest in the community, give something back, draw attention to yourself to further another business venture? .......it's great for FGR and it's certainly been very useful for Mr Vince. I'm not convinced that Mr Vince's involvement with FGR is good for football or good for the planet.
FGR and Vince Dale turned all his loans into shares as per the National League Financial Rules when in our league. I wonder if the National League are now paying lip service to their own financial regulations?
I would rather have a FGR than a Macclesfield type of Chairman and I'm sure most would

Desertshot

Post by Desertshot » Thu Sep 10, 2020 11:06 am

"would rather have a FGR than a Macclesfield type of Chairman and I'm sure most would"......Alternatively football clubs could be financed by the income generated by football clubs and not subsidised by Millionaires?

brian bloomfield

Post by brian bloomfield » Thu Sep 10, 2020 11:17 am

Desertshot wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 11:06 am
"would rather have a FGR than a Macclesfield type of Chairman and I'm sure most would"......Alternatively football clubs could be financed by the income generated by football clubs and not subsidised by Millionaires?
Or subsidised by people sitting at home watching football from their armchair.

The level playing field was distorted by the removal of shared gate income in the 70's and has got worse ever since.

Birdman

Post by Birdman » Thu Sep 10, 2020 12:16 pm

To take this thread into an even ‘greener‘ direction how do you feel about some or all of these suggestions? Would you add any of your own.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-54087176

Also this :- https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/arti ... nergy.html