FA Cup - Hartley Wintney into the next round

Warnboro of the South
FA Cup - Hartley Wintney into the next round

Post by Warnboro of the South » Sat Sep 12, 2020 7:39 pm

In an eventful, feisty game The Row pulled through with a 1-0 win against Tim Sills' Hamworthy United.
There were something like 8 bookings leading to 3 or 4 dismissals involving the both benches? and two of their players!
The crowd 299 including several Shots fans.

Staines Shot
Re: FA Cup - Hartley Wintney into the next round

Post by Staines Shot » Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:16 pm

I attended Staines vs Guildford in the cup. Was a good classic cup affair and Staines won 2-1, probs around 300 in attendance

bordon shot

Post by bordon shot » Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:32 pm

I went to watch the Badshot Lea Game v Bracknell Town. No shocks at this game, Town controlled the game from start to finish & won 2-0. A nice little ground to go to watch a game during our sabbatical from watching the shots IMO.

tonygodfrey

Post by tonygodfrey » Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:07 pm

Was at Hartley too. Sills's Hamworthy did very well in the circumstances. Must say though am increasingly irritated by the growing habit of players feigning injury in order to get others sent off. Like HW as a club but not impressed with that aspect of their performance today.

Mytshot

Post by Mytshot » Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:13 pm

Fleet Spurs v Walton & Hersham for me in Combined Counties Div 1. Dreadful 0-0 on a bobbly dust bowl at Kennels Lane. I don't think I've ever been to a game where a referee was moaned at quite as much as this one. Was surprised to find Walton at such a low level in the pyramid.

Fuggletim

Post by Fuggletim » Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:12 am

Farnham v Kensington & Ealing Borough for me today with Farnham winning 2-1 and now topping the Combined Counties Division 1.

Huge controversey when an obvious tackle from behind upended a Farnham player who lost possession and ultimately lead to K&EB scoring what they thought was a second goal. After initially giving the goal and following many arguments later, the Referee consulted her Linesman, disallowed the goal and gave Farnham a Free Kick! 5 x mins that took to sort out!

The foul was obvious and how the Linesman didn't flag it initially was beyond me!

Tuesday night will see me either at Petersfield or Alton. I would recommend this level of football if you are missing the higher stuff! Real football; real passion!

Middleman

Post by Middleman » Sun Sep 13, 2020 6:38 am

You cant possibly be REAL Shots fans watching anothervteam. Weres the loyalty ?

Wokingham Shot

Post by Wokingham Shot » Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:03 am

I smell a strong level of sarcasm in that post Mr Middle.
Personally I think it great people are getting out to football. People have bemoaned the lack of live sport for long enough. If you feel comfortable do it. You might actually find that watching a game with no emotional attachment can be fun.
I regard myself as a fan of the sport (to the point of obsession (!), I suspect there are few in any people on here who watch more games in a year) more than one team but to this day I cannot watch a game without a leaning towards one side, even if it is based on totally irrational logic such as shirt colour or whether the person taking my money was friendly or not!!

(*) and before any of the club mafia jump on me, no I am not saying stop watching Aldershot, or going to another game instead of a home match. I'm simply saying there is a whole world of fun entertainment out there and watching another game is not 'cheating on your missus'

Middleman

Post by Middleman » Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:14 am

Wokingham so do I. Though if you want to do that at Aldershot......the REAL Aldershot fans dont want it or accept it.

Mick Earls Fan Club

Post by Mick Earls Fan Club » Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:25 am

tonygodfrey wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:07 pm
Was at Hartley too. Sills's Hamworthy did very well in the circumstances. Must say though am increasingly irritated by the growing habit of players feigning injury in order to get others sent off. Like HW as a club but not impressed with that aspect of their performance today.
Also at HW yesterday.
Hamworthy very unlucky, had a number of youngsters in their line up against the experience of the Hartley team.
A massive fracas first half involving pretty much every player and both benches was the turning point.
I didn't see who did what but it resulted in Hamworthy losing their number 7 (who had looked useful) to a red card.
Two of the Hamworthy coaching staff also saw red , (not Tim Sills although he was clearly incensed!)
Ref looked about 20 and for me was bullied into decisions by the HW players. Never had control, and as Tony Godfrey says , was being conned by HW players feigning injury.
A scrappy goal around the hour mark won it.
A second Hamworthy player saw red for an alleged elbow later in the game.
Left feeling sorry for Sillsy and his team , two leagues lower than Hartley and would undoubtedly have got something from the game if they've been allowed to have 11 players on the pitch for the full match.

Oh and neither team took a knee at kick off!

Fuggletim

Post by Fuggletim » Sun Sep 13, 2020 10:32 am

Middleman wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 6:38 am
You cant possibly be REAL Shots fans watching anothervteam. Weres the loyalty ?
Still not sure if your remark is "Tongue in Cheek" or not. I like football and have watched lower league stuff since I was a kid in the 1960s watching Shottermill with my late Grandfather, years before I started watching the Shots. In later years I started to watch Farnham Town a lot and this has expanded to a lot of other local sides.

However, what I will say is, "loyalty" doesn't come into it, and is rather, if I may say it, a "naive" comment if you mean it seriously. If the Shots are at Home, then there is only one game I will be at. Before you say it, "Ah, but what about Away games?"; well I used to go to a lot, but the need to spend most of day travelling and being able balance this with other commitments mean I seldom do nowadays.

Middleman

Post by Middleman » Sun Sep 13, 2020 10:53 am

Fuggletim.......You are so spot on.

lanternhall

Post by lanternhall » Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:12 am

I think that some posters on here are of the mentality that they would put a poster outside the ground 'Only real shots fans allowed 'They are of the mentality that they would make it uncomfortable for the casual fan, who wouldnt return.

Middleman

Post by Middleman » Sun Sep 13, 2020 1:47 pm

Lanternhall spot on again....... A fellow poster describes some on here as "martys to the cause" ( no they are not Irish).
They love to follow a doom and gloom club that never wins and floats down the river to oblivion purely through owner greed and wanting power and fame for 5 minutes
. Little do they realise they are massively helping to kill THEIR CLUB. Still their club will die with them being "martys" and REAL FANS.

Shots70

Post by Shots70 » Sun Sep 13, 2020 3:14 pm

I saw knaphill thrash molesey 5-1, another club who have tumbled out of the Ryman league to the CC league, played the shots in Ryman one in 98