Part-time below the Championship..??

James Frazer
Re: Part-time below the Championship..??

Post by James Frazer » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:04 pm

27 confirmed cases in whole of Rushmoor area since 1st September.

redblueuptoyou

Post by redblueuptoyou » Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:59 pm

Crowthorne wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:45 pm
Dr Jim is spot on, who is going to attend a football match and risk two weeks unpaid isolation. It surely must only be a couple of weeks before clubs start going to the wall.
Looking like pretty much the whole of the North will be in a form of lockdown again very soon. Can see the whole country having these restrictions by October and rumours of a two-week lockdown over the half-term are gaining traction (FT article). Not sure we’ll be going to live matches for a while... Hope I am wrong but safety always comes first.

Wokingham Shot

Post by Wokingham Shot » Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:34 am

redblueuptoyou wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:40 am
So much depends on the rise in cases over the next two or three weeks - and it’s not looking good right now.

I found it odd they gave the go-ahead for a thousand fans to go into stadiums when large gatherings are banned and the ‘rule of six’ has come in. I guess distancing can be maintained easily once in the grounds but what about travel etc?

I saw something yesterday saying Aldershot is becoming a hotspot - I will say it was on Facebook and probably hyperbole but still...
The obvious reply is that it depends where you are putting the 1,000 fans.
In the Rec, yes I would think twice about going to somewhere like there as the toilets, entrances, exits are so limited. Grounds where each stand is 'self sufficient' should be no problem if (and this is a whopping big if) there rules are followed.

I have been to a couple of games now with 4k crowds (well 3,851 before anyone jumps on me :D ) in a 19k stadium and it was fine. I did note a few things though;
.1 Arrival, people got to the game a lot earlier. Which is counter intuitive given the queues should be 1/5th the size.
.2 Stewards, as many, if not more, than a 19k crowd. This could cause a club like Aldershot problems.
.3 Significantly less beer being drunk, way down. Even the club has commented. Now the 20.00 Monday kick off for the 2nd could explain it, but it has never stopped them in the past.
.4 In game one we all sat dutifully in our assigned seats. 2nd game not so. Based on a question I got in the pub last night this is now common knowledge amongst fans, which could be an issue.

Personally, I felt much more uncomfortable wandering around the city shopping centre last night than I did in the stadium, but as I say, it all depends how many and where. This is why this 'one limit fits all' approach in the lower leagues makes little sense to me.

Wokingham Shot

Post by Wokingham Shot » Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:39 am

Sorry, and having just realised there are some lurkers out there who follow me on twitter and will cry foul I will admit to the following indiscretions:
.1 No, having gone to game one, I should not have been able to go to game two. But I went on the girlfriend's ticket (who did not go to game one) which is against the rules.
.2 Yes, I did use my 'spare' season ticket to get a ticket for someone else which is against the rules.
.3 Yes, the person was an away fan, which is against the rules.
.4 Yes I did sit one seat from him, not in my assigned seat, which is against the rules.

No one is perfect!

ACA

Post by ACA » Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:25 am

Don't worry, Wokingham - in this country, it's apparently okay to break the rules in a "limited and specific way"... :wink: