Danny Searle Interview after Dartford defeat

AMJS007
Danny Searle Interview after Dartford defeat

Post by AMJS007 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:22 pm

lanternhall
Re: Danny Searle Interview after Dartford defeat

Post by lanternhall » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:34 pm

I amnot in the sack Danny camp yet. He has a very good media presence. Talks the talk. Now needs to walk the walk.

Dr Jim Royle

Post by Dr Jim Royle » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:43 pm

That interview had everything, best I've heard to date. It had being peeved off, wondering if players in the camp are good enough, woeful finishing, ability to bring in better players, learning curves, stiffer opposition and a mini collapse, great choices on the bench to change things (bar last night of course), positives, negatives, kitchen sinks and unless I'm going Bonkers a brand new Football Cliche :-

"I'm not going to throw the baby out of the bottle just yet"

Am I any the wiser what to expect this season? Yup .......... the camps of moaning minnies & happy clappers will remain in place :lol:

redandbluescb

Post by redandbluescb » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:02 pm

Bettamer looks to be carrying a bit of excess timber , Panayatou is not a natural goalscorer
and we have no defensive midfield players its not rocket science what we need.
Loans or signings we need 3 or 4 more players.

lanternhall

Post by lanternhall » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:04 pm

Dr Jim Royle wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:43 pm
That interview had everything, best I've heard to date. It had being peeved off, wondering if players in the camp are good enough, woeful finishing, ability to bring in better players, learning curves, stiffer opposition and a mini collapse, great choices on the bench to change things (bar last night of course), positives, negatives, kitchen sinks and unless I'm going Bonkers a brand new Football Cliche :-

Am I any the wiser what to expect this season? Yup .......... the camps of moaning minnies & happy clappers will remain in place :lol:

I take it you are a cynic Dr Jim?

Alex

Post by Alex » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:15 pm

redandbluescb wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:02 pm
Bettamer looks to be carrying a bit of excess timber , Panayatou is not a natural goalscorer
That’s funny I’m sure a different supporter commented on here after an earlier friendly Mo was looking much leaner and fitter?

In Sight of Victory Shot

Post by In Sight of Victory Shot » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:05 pm

He chose the players, some of which, last season, were very poor.
At least he recognises there is a problem, and that the bathwater needs to be replaced... hopefully along with a few babies.

Dr Jim Royle

Post by Dr Jim Royle » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:20 pm

Yup, on so many things, not just footie !!!

In my defence, I try to absorb what is being said and add opinions that sit both sides of the fence.

But there was some raw emotion in that interview and taking on all Danny's points, think he has more concerns than good feelings.

lanternhall

Post by lanternhall » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:06 pm

Dr Jim Royle wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:20 pm
Yup, on so many things, not just footie !!!

In my defence, I try to absorb what is being said and add opinions that sit both sides of the fence.

But there was some raw emotion in that interview and taking on all Danny's points, think he has more concerns than good feelings.
Wasn't knocking you. I agree.

Anon E Mouse

Post by Anon E Mouse » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:16 pm

Alex wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:15 pm
redandbluescb wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:02 pm
That’s funny I’m sure a different supporter commented on here after an earlier friendly Mo was looking much leaner and fitter?
He obviously looks leaner and fitter when he scores and poorer and fatter when he doesn't. Makes sense.

steveshot

Post by steveshot » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:52 pm

Really! Why on earth didn’t I suss that out 🙈😀

Headley Shot

Post by Headley Shot » Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:41 am

Dr Jim Royle wrote:

Nope, you misheard I think, it was “baby out with the bath water” DS said, good Doctor 😀.
As far as the interview was concerned, I loved it.
I’ve been critical of his signings last season and this at times but now, he’s got me onside.
Why ?
‘Cos he’s been 100% honest about what he’s seen, acknowledged the shortcomings and told the players concerned they’ll be replaced if they continue to shirk their responsibilities to each other, the team and us.
Maybe the difference is this year, their contracts have performance and fitness conditions which weren’t accepted pre Covid-19. Or maybe they are just 3 or 6 months at a time.
Well done Danny, we have all been watching football a long time and now you have said what a lot of us have thought for a while.
More than anything though, it’s good to know we have a manager who will change personnel if they don’t do their jobs or try to.
:D

Birdman

Post by Birdman » Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:47 am

Headley Shot wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:41 am
Dr Jim Royle wrote:

Nope, you misheard I think, it was “baby out with the bath water” DS said, good Doctor 😀.
As far as the interview was concerned, I loved it.
I’ve been critical of his signings last season and this at times but now, he’s got me onside.
Why ?
‘Cos he’s been 100% honest about what he’s seen, acknowledged the shortcomings and told the players concerned they’ll be replaced if they continue to shirk their responsibilities to each other, the team and us.
Maybe the difference is this year, their contracts have performance and fitness conditions which weren’t accepted pre Covid-19. Or maybe they are just 3 or 6 months at a time.
Well done Danny, we have all been watching football a long time and now you have said what a lot of us have thought for a while.
More than anything though, it’s good to know we have a manager who will change personnel if they don’t do their jobs or try to.
:D
Nah, Headley, let’s go with the Dr Royle misquote. He might be wrong but it’s amusingly ‘different’. :wink:

chimpster99

Post by chimpster99 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:24 pm

[quote="Dr Jim Royle" post_id=637278 time=1600276824 user_id=4173]
[/quote]

I agreed Jim, it felt like an interview with a man for whom the penny has dropped in relation to some his off-season (re-)signings. Seen things he doesn't like and knows there will be more games like that one unless something radical is done. Not really the place to be 2-3 weeks before the season starts but better now than later.

Anon E Mouse

Post by Anon E Mouse » Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:54 pm

It's odd that he is questioning the players he choose to sign in the past month.
We saw some of that and he for some reason didn't and yet now he does.
Very strange. Sign em up and possibly boot em out..umm.