Attempt from Birdman to censor my posts

15-4-08
Attempt from Birdman to censor my posts

Post by 15-4-08 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:22 am

I contacted Birdman with a technical query, and he was kind enough to assist me.

However, having done that, he then tried to censor my posts by issuing the following request -

“As an aside, may I suggest that you stop resorting to the phrase ‘rose tinted’ or similar. We (the supporters) may have different opinions about the club but name calling doesn’t add to the debate.”

I responded with -

“Thank you for the info on.........

As for me using “rose-tinted” - who the hell do you think you are?!

That phrase means an unduly idealistic, optimistic, sentimental, or wistful perspective on or about something. This is exactly how several people view ATFC - they immediately try to shut down anyone who says anything negative!

Until such time you issue a similar demand for posters to stop using negative descriptives when having a go at anyone who dares to post anything that doesn’t praise the club, the players or the board, I will carry on using “rose-tinted”, etc!!”

:evil: :evil: :evil:

DelhiBoy
Re: Attempt from Birdman to censor my posts

Post by DelhiBoy » Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:31 am

After such a fine win last night this is the best you can come up with? Keep your petty squabbles to yourself. Pathetic

tonygodfrey

Post by tonygodfrey » Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:35 am

Personally think Birdman does a difficult job very well indeed.

Cph.shots

Post by Cph.shots » Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:44 am

15-4-08 wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:22 am
I contacted Birdman with a technical query, and he was kind enough to assist me.

However, having done that, he then tried to censor my posts by issuing the following request -

“As an aside, may I suggest that you stop resorting to the phrase ‘rose tinted’ or similar. We (the supporters) may have different opinions about the club but name calling doesn’t add to the debate.”

I responded with -

That phrase means an unduly idealistic, optimistic, sentimental, or wistful perspective on or about something. This is exactly how several people view ATFC - they immediately try to shut down anyone who says anything negative!

Until such time you issue a similar demand for posters to stop using negative descriptives when having a go at anyone who dares to post anything that doesn’t praise the club, the players or the board, I will carry on using “rose-tinted”, etc!!”

I agree with Dehliboy, it seems strange that after such a great result for The Shots that this is your only reaction.

Headley Shot

Post by Headley Shot » Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:18 am

Birdman definitely wears both the Administrator and User hats. Like anyone else, he’s entitled to his opinions and all that he has done here is write his opinion of your posts. I wouldn’t call that censorship. It’s a difficult path as Birdman is clearly a staunch club man and wants to see the club succeed, as I’m sure all of us do.
The club isn’t perfect, we’ve all got different ideas on how things could improve but please remember that Birdman is a volunteer, giving up his valuable time to help give you a platform to voice your opinions.
Don’t castigate him for his opinion, he’s done more than most to deserve the opportunity to share it too.

Alex

Post by Alex » Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:26 am

DelhiBoy wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:31 am
After such a fine win last night this is the best you can come up with? Keep your petty squabbles to yourself. Pathetic
Absolutely, ridiculous!

BillB

Post by BillB » Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:31 am

Swallow the pill don't chew it....... That's life as Ester used to say..........0 - 5

Red-n-Blue

Post by Red-n-Blue » Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:32 am

15-4-08 wrote:

A suggestion isn't censorship, mate.

If Birdman had deleted your posts you'd have cause for complaint. He made a friendly suggestion and you've blown it out of all proportion.

As it happens, I'm tired of seeing the terms "rose tinted" AND "moaners" on ShotsWeb. Folks are entitled to hold overtly positive/negative opinions - you don't have to agree with them, but attaching petty labels to those opinions adds nothing to the debate.

ACA

Post by ACA » Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:38 am

Red-n-Blue wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:32 am
If Birdman had deleted your posts you'd have cause for complaint. He made a friendly suggestion and you've blown it out of all proportion.
A friendly suggestion made privately, it should be added.

One or two on here seem to have wafer-thin skin, especially if that's viewed as "censorship" :roll:

Kevin Carlin

Post by Kevin Carlin » Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:45 am

Is this post real, time to grow a pair of cojones and relax abit :roll:

redandbluescb

Post by redandbluescb » Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:28 am

15-4-08 wrote:

I responded with -

PATHETIC post . You are obviously upset because we won last night.

Crowthorne

Post by Crowthorne » Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:42 am

tonygodfrey wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:35 am
This.

Alex

Post by Alex » Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:45 am

Crowthorne wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:42 am
tonygodfrey wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:35 am
This.
👍🏻

GuyB

Post by GuyB » Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:31 am

15-4-08 wrote:

I responded with -

All your posts I have read are of the most negative and critical comments possible. Birdman was giving you a quiet piece of advice to try and make this a more harmonious board, but you decide to try making an issue of it.
You don't even have the decency to moan in your own name. In case you missed it, we won away from home last night, scoring five goals and keeping a clean sheet.
Carry on using whatever you like, but I for one will know not to read anything posted by 15-04-08.

ShotOnTarget

Post by ShotOnTarget » Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:38 am

I can't see why someone would be pulled up for using the term 'rose-tinted'. I could think of far worse and would not expect to be admonished.

That said, Birdman has a difficult job, balancing impartiality with having to face people at the Club who have been subject to unwelcome critiscism upon a medium over which he has control.