Attempt from Birdman to censor my posts

SHOTSMAN68
Re: Attempt from Birdman to censor my posts

Post by SHOTSMAN68 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:51 pm

I saw this post last night and thought 15-4-08 could that be the date of birth 15th april 2008 ?
Anyway a little sympathy for him or her as rose tinted is a fair description not so sure re happy clappy thats a church thingy i believe ?
I was picked up by birdman for a joke i put on anons boom boom it was jolly rude and birdman quite rightly censored it.
15-4-08 when you get a pm it should be kepted private thats what pm means

Birdman

Post by Birdman » Sat Oct 17, 2020 1:01 pm

SHOTSMAN68 wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:51 pm
I saw this post last night and thought 15-4-08 could that be the date of birth 15th april 2008 ?
Anyway a little sympathy for him or her as rose tinted is a fair description not so sure re happy clappy thats a church thingy i believe ?
I was picked up by birdman for a joke i put on anons boom boom it was jolly rude and birdman quite rightly censored it.
15/4/08, Exeter 1-1 Shots, promotion.

scorp

Post by scorp » Sat Oct 17, 2020 3:38 pm

Birdman wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 1:01 pm
SHOTSMAN68 wrote:
What a night to be conceived on ;)

SHOTSMAN68

Post by SHOTSMAN68 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:14 pm

scorp wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 3:38 pm
Birdman wrote:
SHOTSMAN68 wrote:

Should have remembered that, I was there with my son , sitting up the back of the stands with a number of shots players sitting to the left of us if i remember rightly one of them had his leg in plaster.

scorp

Post by scorp » Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:47 am

SHOTSMAN68 wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:14 pm
scorp wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 3:38 pm
Birdman wrote:

Should have remembered that, I was there with my son , sitting up the back of the stands with a number of shots players sitting to the left of us if i remember rightly one of them had his leg in plaster.
That evening, by Kappadeano... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPmdjFE2eBM

poppy seed

Post by poppy seed » Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:45 am

Sorry boys, but it has been a quiet business day, so I decided to give my brain some exercise.

It’s a funny old world. I was banned by the ‘board police’ for being Penelope Pitstop, gosh, that was a lifetime ago, a period when I was no more than a silly girl, probably lost in my attempt to find a way in life. Then I woke up to realise that I had some wonderful assets. Antibes made me. Made my business. Made me successful. Now I look on from the outside of this virtual world, sometimes peering in through the windows of our wonderful club, but what do I see? Simply ‘a load of stupid men’. It saddens me greatly.

Comments directed at users of this board wrapped up by the following terms; wearing rose tinted glasses, moaner, hater, negative thinker or simply ‘not a real fan’, are probably no more than a duvet covering up the underlying feeling that the person in question is stupid.

Certainly, acting stupidly, or being stupid, hits the headlines most days. If it’s not Trump it will be BoJo, or Hancock or Cummings, and of course up until our wonderful performance at Dover, it was Danny. Donald Trump has been called “too stupid’ for U.S. voters and his supporters are often accused of stupidity for believing things that are quite obviously wrong or indeed idiotic. Even this silly woman can see that.

And who hasn’t used the Dominic Cummings defence, when stopped by the Police on returning home from the pub, ‘but I was only driving to see if I was ok to drive after six vodkas’.

I’m sure you can all think of many more examples. Well I’m sure old Jim can anyway. But these are just some of the high-profile examples of applying the term “stupidity” to evaluate the decisions and actions of others. As we wander through life being told to wear a mask, bubble with others, and have sex at no less than a 1m distance apart, most of us will use, or hear the words, stupid and stupidity I guess more than once a day. ‘F**k the cash machine has eaten my card’; new protocols for work – from home, no the office, no from home. Yes, we introduce the terms not only to define people and their actions, but also to describe situations that we find frustrating or annoying.

I’m sure 15-4-08 can expand on an agreed, and simple definition of stupid. But let me use the following, ‘unintelligent and to have or show a lack of ability to learn and understand things.’ To be stupid is to not be sensible or logical. Building on this definition, stupidity is defined as acting in an unintelligent manner or making decisions that lack reason or are uninformed.

So (don’t start a sentence with so), as my simple definitions suggest, being stupid or demonstrating stupidity are most often used in response to the actions, decisions and behaviour of individuals. When we refer to objects, institutions, laws, and customs as stupid, this process is known as reification (just for you scorpy) - attributing human qualities to non-human things.

Ah, but here is the point, calling people stupid, or pointing out their stupidity, are probably acts of condescending judgment. This messageboard, used as a form of communication, will inevitably lead to a mass disapproval of what someone, or a few ‘someone’s’ wrote – the masses round on them, and we all join in to call them, or their actions stupid, as a way to impose our disbelief or disgust (hater, moaner, not a true fan). Calling out their behaviour is therefore no more than a simple way to vent frustration and express displeasure.

In the head of this one-time silly girl is a collection of images of so many contributors to this board. Images formed not by the act of the ‘many’ calling someone stupid, just as a mechanism for psychic or psychological relief. But images developed through a feeling that perhaps, ‘you’ feel so much better for lashing out like this.

Hmmm, but what if other underlying sociological components may also be at work here. Yes, the old one club, one Aldershot theme - calling someone stupid could be an attempt to reinforce the boundaries of group norms and solidify our collective identities.

Can you hear the East Bank singing in unison, “Why can’t you just act like the rest of us?” The North Stand shocked that others could act so unintelligently because these actions fall outside the expectations of normative behaviour. And when the occupants of the South Stand wake up at half time, even they will find it hard to understand how someone could act in this way, when everyone else, or at least most of us “normal” fans, fail to share such uninformed thoughts.

I hope most of us would agree that calling someone stupid is a patronising insult; but could it also be a not-so-subtle plea to bring someone back into the fold of our, all-for-one fan base. Revisit ‘your posts’, did you really mean to be so brusque, or did you want to no more than extend the hand of concern?

“Why can’t you just act like the rest of us.” Such a comment of course may be driven by the fear that if we align ourselves to someone who clearly acts in such a stupid fashion, then our collective identity is potentially soiled and threatened by their actions.

Despite the last-minute mistake, it was a good result at Eastleigh.

‘Some people think having large breasts makes a woman stupid. Actually, it’s quite the opposite: A woman having large breasts makes men stupid.’’ Rita Rudner

Cph.shots

Post by Cph.shots » Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:47 pm

:D Like.

Dr Jim Royle

Post by Dr Jim Royle » Wed Oct 21, 2020 12:06 pm

Well I’m sure old Jim can anyway.
Whatchoo talkin about Willis?

Or who :lol:

SHOTSMAN68

Post by SHOTSMAN68 » Wed Oct 21, 2020 3:30 pm

poppy seed wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:45 am
Sorry boys, but it has been a quiet business day, so I decided to give my brain some exercise.

It’s a funny old world. I was banned by the ‘board police’ for being Penelope Pitstop, gosh, that was a lifetime ago, a period when I was no more than a silly girl, probably lost in my attempt to find a way in life. Then I woke up to realise that I had some wonderful assets. Antibes made me. Made my business. Made me successful. Now I look on from the outside of this virtual world, sometimes peering in through the windows of our wonderful club, but what do I see? Simply ‘a load of stupid men’. It saddens me greatly.

Comments directed at users of this board wrapped up by the following terms; wearing rose tinted glasses, moaner, hater, negative thinker or simply ‘not a real fan’, are probably no more than a duvet covering up the underlying feeling that the person in question is stupid.

Certainly, acting stupidly, or being stupid, hits the headlines most days. If it’s not Trump it will be BoJo, or Hancock or Cummings, and of course up until our wonderful performance at Dover, it was Danny. Donald Trump has been called “too stupid’ for U.S. voters and his supporters are often accused of stupidity for believing things that are quite obviously wrong or indeed idiotic. Even this silly woman can see that.

And who hasn’t used the Dominic Cummings defence, when stopped by the Police on returning home from the pub, ‘but I was only driving to see if I was ok to drive after six vodkas’.

I’m sure you can all think of many more examples. Well I’m sure old Jim can anyway. But these are just some of the high-profile examples of applying the term “stupidity” to evaluate the decisions and actions of others. As we wander through life being told to wear a mask, bubble with others, and have sex at no less than a 1m distance apart, most of us will use, or hear the words, stupid and stupidity I guess more than once a day. ‘F**k the cash machine has eaten my card’; new protocols for work – from home, no the office, no from home. Yes, we introduce the terms not only to define people and their actions, but also to describe situations that we find frustrating or annoying.

I’m sure 15-4-08 can expand on an agreed, and simple definition of stupid. But let me use the following, ‘unintelligent and to have or show a lack of ability to learn and understand things.’ To be stupid is to not be sensible or logical. Building on this definition, stupidity is defined as acting in an unintelligent manner or making decisions that lack reason or are uninformed.

So (don’t start a sentence with so), as my simple definitions suggest, being stupid or demonstrating stupidity are most often used in response to the actions, decisions and behaviour of individuals. When we refer to objects, institutions, laws, and customs as stupid, this process is known as reification (just for you scorpy) - attributing human qualities to non-human things.

Ah, but here is the point, calling people stupid, or pointing out their stupidity, are probably acts of condescending judgment. This messageboard, used as a form of communication, will inevitably lead to a mass disapproval of what someone, or a few ‘someone’s’ wrote – the masses round on them, and we all join in to call them, or their actions stupid, as a way to impose our disbelief or disgust (hater, moaner, not a true fan). Calling out their behaviour is therefore no more than a simple way to vent frustration and express displeasure.

In the head of this one-time silly girl is a collection of images of so many contributors to this board. Images formed not by the act of the ‘many’ calling someone stupid, just as a mechanism for psychic or psychological relief. But images developed through a feeling that perhaps, ‘you’ feel so much better for lashing out like this.

Hmmm, but what if other underlying sociological components may also be at work here. Yes, the old one club, one Aldershot theme - calling someone stupid could be an attempt to reinforce the boundaries of group norms and solidify our collective identities.

Can you hear the East Bank singing in unison, “Why can’t you just act like the rest of us?” The North Stand shocked that others could act so unintelligently because these actions fall outside the expectations of normative behaviour. And when the occupants of the South Stand wake up at half time, even they will find it hard to understand how someone could act in this way, when everyone else, or at least most of us “normal” fans, fail to share such uninformed thoughts.

I hope most of us would agree that calling someone stupid is a patronising insult; but could it also be a not-so-subtle plea to bring someone back into the fold of our, all-for-one fan base. Revisit ‘your posts’, did you really mean to be so brusque, or did you want to no more than extend the hand of concern?

“Why can’t you just act like the rest of us.” Such a comment of course may be driven by the fear that if we align ourselves to someone who clearly acts in such a stupid fashion, then our collective identity is potentially soiled and threatened by their actions.

Despite the last-minute mistake, it was a good result at Eastleigh.

‘Some people think having large breasts makes a woman stupid. Actually, it’s quite the opposite: A woman having large breasts makes men stupid.’’ Rita Rudner
Having small breasts makes women stupid and want to have implants personally I much prefer small pert breasts " May I Tutchem