Attempt from Birdman to censor my posts

RH20 Shot
Re: Attempt from Birdman to censor my posts

Post by RH20 Shot » Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:01 pm

So that's two posters who don't have a problem with petty name-calling. Funny how they're also two of the most vocal pro-Trust, anti-BOD posters as well. Probably just coincidence.

15-4-08

Post by 15-4-08 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:02 pm

DelhiBoy wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:31 am
After such a fine win last night this is the best you can come up with? Keep your petty squabbles to yourself. Pathetic
I’ve looked through the rules for posting and can’t see anything about what subject matter or what tone of message isn’t permitted after a win. Perhaps you can’t direct me to the right place?

15-4-08

Post by 15-4-08 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:03 pm

Cph.shots wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:44 am
15-4-08 wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:22 am
I contacted Birdman with a technical query, and he was kind enough to assist me.

However, having done that, he then tried to censor my posts by issuing the following request -

“As an aside, may I suggest that you stop resorting to the phrase ‘rose tinted’ or similar. We (the supporters) may have different opinions about the club but name calling doesn’t add to the debate.”

I responded with -

“Thank you for the info on.........

As for me using “rose-tinted” - who the hell do you think you are?!

That phrase means an unduly idealistic, optimistic, sentimental, or wistful perspective on or about something. This is exactly how several people view ATFC - they immediately try to shut down anyone who says anything negative!

Until such time you issue a similar demand for posters to stop using negative descriptives when having a go at anyone who dares to post anything that doesn’t praise the club, the players or the board, I will carry on using “rose-tinted”, etc!!”

:evil: :evil: :evil:
I agree with Dehliboy, it seems strange that after such a great result for The Shots that this is your only reaction.
I’ll refer you to my response to delhiboy.

15-4-08

Post by 15-4-08 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:07 pm

Headley Shot wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:18 am
Birdman definitely wears both the Administrator and User hats. Like anyone else, he’s entitled to his opinions and all that he has done here is write his opinion of your posts. I wouldn’t call that censorship. It’s a difficult path as Birdman is clearly a staunch club man and wants to see the club succeed, as I’m sure all of us do.
The club isn’t perfect, we’ve all got different ideas on how things could improve but please remember that Birdman is a volunteer, giving up his valuable time to help give you a platform to voice your opinions.
Don’t castigate him for his opinion, he’s done more than most to deserve the opportunity to share it too.
OK - here’s an open question to all posters - has Birdman ever suggested to anyone else not to use phrases such as rose tinted or happy flappy? Has he ever suggested to anyone not to post anything negative? Has he ever suggested to anyone who has described someone who posted something negative as a hater not to use that term?

Whist we all have different opinions, I see nothing wrong with describing those who are so blind that they cannot see as rose tinted and happy clappy!!

15-4-08

Post by 15-4-08 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:09 pm

Red-n-Blue wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:32 am
15-4-08 wrote:
I contacted Birdman with a technical query, and he was kind enough to assist me.

However, having done that, he then tried to censor my posts by issuing the following request -

“As an aside, may I suggest that you stop resorting to the phrase ‘rose tinted’ or similar. We (the supporters) may have different opinions about the club but name calling doesn’t add to the debate.”
A suggestion isn't censorship, mate.

If Birdman had deleted your posts you'd have cause for complaint. He made a friendly suggestion and you've blown it out of all proportion.

As it happens, I'm tired of seeing the terms "rose tinted" AND "moaners" on ShotsWeb. Folks are entitled to hold overtly positive/negative opinions - you don't have to agree with them, but attaching petty labels to those opinions adds nothing to the debate.
Well in that case, the terms moaner, hater and negative thinker (all perfectly harmless whilst being accurate) need to be suggested as not being used!!

15-4-08

Post by 15-4-08 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:10 pm

ACA wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:38 am
Red-n-Blue wrote:
If Birdman had deleted your posts you'd have cause for complaint. He made a friendly suggestion and you've blown it out of all proportion.
A friendly suggestion made privately, it should be added.

One or two on here seem to have wafer-thin skin, especially if that's viewed as "censorship" :roll:
Not at all - I simply don’t want this board to go woke!!

15-4-08

Post by 15-4-08 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:13 pm

GuyB wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:31 am
15-4-08 wrote:

I responded with -

That phrase means an unduly idealistic, optimistic, sentimental, or wistful perspective on or about something. This is exactly how several people view ATFC - they immediately try to shut down anyone who says anything negative!

Until such time you issue a similar demand for posters to stop using negative descriptives when having a go at anyone who dares to post anything that doesn’t praise the club, the players or the board, I will carry on using “rose-tinted”, etc!!”

All your posts I have read are of the most negative and critical comments possible. Birdman was giving you a quiet piece of advice to try and make this a more harmonious board, but you decide to try making an issue of it.
You don't even have the decency to moan in your own name. In case you missed it, we won away from home last night, scoring five goals and keeping a clean sheet.
Carry on using whatever you like, but I for one will know not to read anything posted by 15-04-08.
Oh sorry, I didn’t realise that we are only allowed to post good or positive things on here or not have a negative response to something that we’re perfectly entitled to moan at.

I take it you’ll be moaning at everyone else who doesn’t post under their own name, and that your activity will start with Birdman?!

15-4-08

Post by 15-4-08 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:13 pm

GuyB wrote:
15-4-08 wrote:

I responded with -

All your posts I have read are of the most negative and critical comments possible. Birdman was giving you a quiet piece of advice to try and make this a more harmonious board, but you decide to try making an issue of it.
You don't even have the decency to moan in your own name. In case you missed it, we won away from home last night, scoring five goals and keeping a clean sheet.
Carry on using whatever you like, but I for one will know not to read anything posted by 15-04-08.
Oh sorry, I didn’t realise that we are only allowed to post good or positive things on here or not have a negative response to something that we’re perfectly entitled to moan at.

I take it you’ll be moaning at everyone else who doesn’t post under their own name, and that your activity will start with Birdman?!

RH20 Shot

Post by RH20 Shot » Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:14 pm

15-4-08 wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:10 pm
ACA wrote:
Red-n-Blue wrote:

One or two on here seem to have wafer-thin skin, especially if that's viewed as "censorship" :roll:
I'd be interested to hear your definition of the word "woke"

15-4-08

Post by 15-4-08 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:14 pm

redandbluescb wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:28 am
15-4-08 wrote:

I responded with -

PATHETIC post . You are obviously upset because we won last night.
May I suggest you stop using words such as pathetic........

15-4-08

Post by 15-4-08 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:16 pm

ShotOnTarget wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:38 am
I can't see why someone would be pulled up for using the term 'rose-tinted'. I could think of far worse and would not expect to be admonished.

That said, Birdman has a difficult job, balancing impartiality with having to face people at the Club who have been subject to unwelcome critiscism upon a medium over which he has control.
^This

15-4-08

Post by 15-4-08 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:19 pm

RH20 Shot wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:14 pm
15-4-08 wrote:
ACA wrote:

I’m not allowed to use the phrase rose tinted!

Anon E Mouse

Post by Anon E Mouse » Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:24 pm

15-4-08 wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:19 pm
RH20 Shot wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:14 pm
15-4-08 wrote:
I’m not allowed to use the phrase rose tinted!
How about puce tinted ?

I think Birdy, does a fine job, and I seem to remember some guidance from him in the past that was probably done to look after me / ultimately for my own good, rather than anything else.
Please don't erect a Scarecrow, there wont be too many takers waiting in the wings to take on his role.

GuyB

Post by GuyB » Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:37 pm

15-4-08 wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:13 pm
GuyB wrote:
15-4-08 wrote:

I responded with -

Yes, of course you are perfectly entitled to be negative with your posts - surely there has to be balance though?
Not everything can be so awful that there is not a good thing to say on occasions?
Last night, did you enjoy the game as a spectacle or our performance or the result, for example? Or are those things not worthy of comment?
I have mentioned hiding behind 'non names' to many people on many occasions. Not that I would expect anyone to change their profile, but I do prefer to 'know' with whom I am having a discussion.

brian bloomfield

Post by brian bloomfield » Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:42 pm

GuyB wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:37 pm
15-4-08 wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:13 pm
GuyB wrote:

Yes, of course you are perfectly entitled to be negative with your posts - surely there has to be balance though?
Not everything can be so awful that there is not a good thing to say on occasions?
Last night, did you enjoy the game as a spectacle or our performance or the result, for example? Or are those things not worthy of comment?
I have mentioned hiding behind 'non names' to many people on many occasions. Not that I would expect anyone to change their profile, but I do prefer to 'know' with whom I am having a discussion.
Barry does a good job along with Robin