Re: Attempt from Birdman to censor my posts

Post by Cph.shots » Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:42 pm

15-4-08 wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:19 pm
RH20 Shot wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:14 pm
15-4-08 wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:10 pm
Not at all - I simply don’t want this board to go woke!!
I'd be interested to hear your definition of the word "woke"
I’m not allowed to use the phrase rose tinted!
You seem to be "exaggerating a bit again:

“As an aside, may I suggest that you stop resorting to the phrase ‘rose tinted’ or similar. We (the supporters) may have different opinions about the club but name calling doesn’t add to the debate.”

Turnkey

Post by Turnkey » Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:45 pm

ShotOnTarget wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:38 am

That said, Birdman has a difficult job, balancing impartiality with having to face people at the Club who have been subject to unwelcome critiscism upon a medium over which he has control.
Not sure this is relevant, knowing Birdy as I do, and I’m sure you do, I know him to have the integrity as a non-employee of the club to politely tell the powers that he at the club to do one should they attempt to interfere in what is an independent message board.

redblueuptoyou

Post by redblueuptoyou » Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:58 pm

I don’t get the issue. This sounds like a polite request, rather than an ‘attempt to censor’?

Boundary Mike

Post by Boundary Mike » Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:00 pm

BillB wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:31 am
Swallow the pill don't chew it....... That's life as Ester usfed to say..........0 - 5
Ahh, Esther.....the highlight of my 1970/80's Sunday nights. She made the thought of a dire week of school ahead, that much easier.
Her long flowing ball gowns, gnashing teeth and cheeky smiles.....it's all coming back now

Cph.shots

Post by Cph.shots » Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:10 pm

Boundary Mike wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:00 pm
BillB wrote:
Swallow the pill don't chew it....... That's life as Ester usfed to say..........0 - 5
Ahh, Esther.....the highlight of my 1970/80's Sunday nights. She made the thought of a dire week of school ahead, that much easier.
Her long flowing ball gowns, gnashing teeth and cheeky smiles.....it's all coming back now
Will never forget this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajsCY8SjJ1Y

Boundary Mike

Post by Boundary Mike » Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:18 pm

Cph.shots wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:10 pm
Boundary Mike wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:00 pm
BillB wrote:
Will never forget this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajsCY8SjJ1Y
Classic! Thanks for posting. And who says the licence fee isn't worth every penny?

Birdman

Post by Birdman » Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:21 pm

First of all, 15-4-08, there was no attempt at censorship. It was an honest suggestion, not an instruction. As you disagreed with my suggestion then a simple ‘no, I won’t stop using rose tinted’ reply I would happily have accepted as your choice. Differences of opinion are part and parcel of this forum and long may that continue. I just find (from a personal point of view) that petty name calling from either side of a debate belittles and reduces the argument almost to playground level.

What I find most disappointing though is that you took it upon yourself to make public a PM (Private Message). A PM is by its description, PRIVATE. A communication between the sender and recipient and it should stay that way unless both parties give permission for its contents to be made public. Freely betraying that privacy would imo make a mockery of the PM system which in turn might make ShotsWeb members reluctant to trust or use it.

Anon E Mouse

Post by Anon E Mouse » Wed Oct 14, 2020 5:19 pm

brian bloomfield wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:42 pm
GuyB wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:37 pm
15-4-08 wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:13 pm
Oh sorry, I didn’t realise that we are only allowed to post good or positive things on here or not have a negative response to something that we’re perfectly entitled to moan at.

I take it you’ll be moaning at everyone else who doesn’t post under their own name, and that your activity will start with Birdman?!
Yes, of course you are perfectly entitled to be negative with your posts - surely there has to be balance though?
Not everything can be so awful that there is not a good thing to say on occasions?
Last night, did you enjoy the game as a spectacle or our performance or the result, for example? Or are those things not worthy of comment?
I have mentioned hiding behind 'non names' to many people on many occasions. Not that I would expect anyone to change their profile, but I do prefer to 'know' with whom I am having a discussion.
Barry does a good job along with Robin
All we need is a Maurice and we have the Bee Gee's :-)

15-4-08

Post by 15-4-08 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 5:29 pm

Birdman wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:21 pm
First of all, 15-4-08, there was no attempt at censorship. It was an honest suggestion, not an instruction. As you disagreed with my suggestion then a simple ‘no, I won’t stop using rose tinted’ reply I would happily have accepted as your choice. Differences of opinion are part and parcel of this forum and long may that continue. I just find (from a personal point of view) that petty name calling from either side of a debate belittles and reduces the argument almost to playground level.

What I find most disappointing though is that you took it upon yourself to make public a PM (Private Message). A PM is by its description, PRIVATE. A communication between the sender and recipient and it should stay that way unless both parties give permission for its contents to be made public. Freely betraying that privacy would imo make a mockery of the PM system which in turn might make ShotsWeb members reluctant to trust or use it.
So, if you sent me an abusive and threatening PM (I don’t think you ever would do this, but I’m just mentioning it as a theoretical), you’d expect me not to name and shame or share it in the forum?! :shock:

As long as you or anyone else is happy with moaners, haters, negative thinkers, not real fans, etc, etc being used, then I will continue to use rose tinted, etc, etc.

Birdman

Post by Birdman » Wed Oct 14, 2020 5:52 pm

15-4-08 wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 5:29 pm
Birdman wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:21 pm

So, if you sent me an abusive and threatening PM (I don’t think you ever would do this, but I’m just mentioning it as a theoretical), you’d expect me not to name and shame or share it in the forum?! :shock:

As long as you or anyone else is happy with moaners, haters, negative thinkers, not real fans, etc, etc being used, then I will continue to use rose tinted, etc, etc.
In the event that someone sent you an abusive or threatening PM then you should contact the administrators. This from FAQ :-

Q) I have received a spamming or abusive email from someone on this board!
”The email form feature of this board includes safeguards to try and track users who send such posts, so email the board administrator with a full copy of the email you received. It is very important that this includes the headers that contain the details of the user that sent the email. The board administrator can then take action.”

With regard to your 2nd paragraph, I thought that I made my view on that matter clear enough in my reply to you earlier :- “ I just find (from a personal point of view) that petty name calling from either side of a debate belittles and reduces the argument almost to playground level.”

beachboy

Post by beachboy » Wed Oct 14, 2020 6:10 pm

At first I thought this thread was ridiculous but as I read through it I found it hilarious. Could be an all time classic right up there with the Kentucky Fried Chicken discussion back in the day.
COTS

SteveyAsp

Post by SteveyAsp » Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:13 pm

beachboy wrote:At first I thought this thread was ridiculous but as I read through it I found it hilarious. Could be an all time classic right up there with the Kentucky Fried Chicken discussion back in the day.
COTS
Nothing will match KFCgate Image

Dr Jim Royle

Post by Dr Jim Royle » Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:27 am

KFC have since stopped their Banquet Boned Bonanza Take Away Buckets due to the exploits of certain individuals that refused to eat their fayre underneath railway bridges as suggested by The Franchise.

Rose Tinted Glasses are now only available on ATFC Prescription.

The Ratings are self isolating due to be lazy a*sed.

And some folk really do need to get a life.

Morning All.

SteveyAsp

Post by SteveyAsp » Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:12 am

Dr Jim Royle wrote:KFC have since stopped their Banquet Boned Bonanza Take Away Buckets due to the exploits of certain individuals that refused to eat their fayre underneath railway bridges as suggested by The Franchise.

Rose Tinted Glasses are now only available on ATFC Prescription.

The Ratings are self isolating due to be lazy a*sed.

And some folk really do need to get a life.

Morning All.
And theres only one of us left....All other members of the partaking of illicit food have fallen by the wayside Image

scorp

Post by scorp » Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:41 pm

SteveyAsp wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:13 pm
beachboy wrote:At first I thought this thread was ridiculous but as I read through it I found it hilarious. Could be an all time classic right up there with the Kentucky Fried Chicken discussion back in the day.
COTS
Nothing will match KFCgate Image
Pizzagate... not to be missed. Quote from wiki: "Pizzagate" is a debunked conspiracy theory that went viral during the 2016 United States presidential election cycle. It has been extensively discredited by a wide range of organizations, including the Washington, DC police.

In March 2016, the personal email account of John Podesta, Hillary Clinton's campaign manager, was hacked in a spear-phishing attack. WikiLeaks published his emails in November 2016. Proponents of the Pizzagate conspiracy theory falsely claimed the emails contained coded messages that connected several high-ranking Democratic Party officials and U.S. restaurants with an alleged human trafficking and child sex ring. One of the establishments allegedly involved was the Comet Ping Pong pizzeria in Washington, D.C.[

Members of the alt-right, conservative journalists, and others who had urged Clinton's prosecution over Clinton's emails, spread the conspiracy theory on social media outlets such as 4chan, 8chan, and Twitter. In response, a man from North Carolina traveled to Comet Ping Pong to investigate the conspiracy and fired a rifle inside the restaurant. The restaurant owner and staff also received death threats from conspiracy theorists.

Pizzagate is generally considered a predecessor to the QAnon conspiracy theory. [End of quote].

That makes anybody on Shotsweb 110% sane ... in comparison. ;)