Match day thread vs Eastleigh

Fuggletim
Re: Match day thread vs Eastleigh

Post by Fuggletim » Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:12 am

Not the first time we have conceded late at Eastleigh I think (although I am happy to be corrected)? Frustrating again, but I watched Farnham make hard work of beating 3-2 Bagshot yesterday ( a few familiar Shots faces there) and upon leaving the ground we were 2-1 up but by the time I got back to the car 5 x mins later it was 2-2 and Full time!

Still 5 x minutes of happiness......😆😆

MidlandsShot

Post by MidlandsShot » Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:52 am

I think our season will consist of other teams having a lot of the ball and us picking them off on the counter.

Craig Tanner is a cracking footballer and one we have to look after. I wouldn't mind seeing a replay of the penalty as the Eastleigh players didnt seem to be appealing for one. That said I thought the free kick Tanner scored was a soft decision.

Need to learn our lessons quickly, 3 late goals conceded in our first four games, and four dropped points. Wasting good chances in the second half also cost us today.

Not a bad result given Eastleigh's start to the season, but a frustrating one. I still don't subscribe to this "settle for a point" before a ball has been kicked stuff. I think we should always try to win.

We have some very dangerous attacking players, I'd love us to go with a 4-4-2 and really have a go at teams.

Anon E Mouse

Post by Anon E Mouse » Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:19 pm

Fuggletim wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:12 am
Not the first time we have conceded late at Eastleigh I think (although I am happy to be corrected)? Frustrating again, but I watched Farnham make hard work of beating 3-2 Bagshot yesterday ( a few familiar Shots faces there) and upon leaving the ground we were 2-1 up but by the time I got back to the car 5 x mins later it was 2-2 and Full time!

Yep. We lost one with the last kick live on the TV v Eastleigh.
We have done it a lot of the years. Tiredness and concentration.
We often sit back when we go ahead or in the first two games we sit back as we draw level seemingly just happy with a point.

That's why I was a big fan of Waddock the first time round. Attack Attack and let them worry about us.

WTF

Post by WTF » Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:46 pm

Anon E Mouse wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:19 pm
Fuggletim wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:12 am

Yep. We lost one with the last kick live on the TV v Eastleigh.
We have done it a lot of the years. Tiredness and concentration.
We often sit back when we go ahead or in the first two games we sit back as we draw level seemingly just happy with a point.

That's why I was a big fan of Waddock the first time round. Attack Attack and let them worry about us.
I used to love that too Anon! Concentrate on your own team and let others do the worrying!

SHOTSMAN68

Post by SHOTSMAN68 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 2:06 pm

MidlandsShot wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:52 am
I think our season will consist of other teams having a lot of the ball and us picking them off on the counter.

Craig Tanner is a cracking footballer and one we have to look after. I wouldn't mind seeing a replay of the penalty as the Eastleigh players didnt seem to be appealing for one. That said I thought the free kick Tanner scored was a soft decision.

Need to learn our lessons quickly, 3 late goals conceded in our first four games, and four dropped points. Wasting good chances in the second half also cost us today.

Not a bad result given Eastleigh's start to the season, but a frustrating one. I still don't subscribe to this "settle for a point" before a ball has been kicked stuff. I think we should always try to win.

We have some very dangerous attacking players, I'd love us to go with a 4-4-2 and really have a go at teams.

SHOTSMAN68

Post by SHOTSMAN68 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 2:08 pm

SHOTSMAN68 wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 2:06 pm
MidlandsShot wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:52 am

good post saves me posting

GetShotDownunder

Post by GetShotDownunder » Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:24 am

Penalty in 13th min of footage here.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iFuPY3ezORo&t=873s

Don't quite get the Harry P hate....... from what little I have seen he looks alright leading the line.
Tanner is a class above.

Dr Jim Royle

Post by Dr Jim Royle » Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:06 am

Don't quite get the Harry P hate....... from what little I have seen he looks alright leading the line.
On Saturday was guilty of shooting to score ........ but yes, a square pass to Bettemar was better option ...... But would not hang him for that. Thought he had a decent enough game.

ACA

Post by ACA » Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:31 am

Look back a few posts before he decided to shoot instead of pass - he was being castigated for not attacking the ball and tapping it into an empty net. I imagine he was perfectly well aware that he'd missed a great chance and so the next time he found himself with a sight at goal, he went for it. As the good Doctor says, hardly a hanging offence.

fredandballou

Post by fredandballou » Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:51 am

Craig Tanner was included in Yesterday's Non League Paper's National League team of the day.

aldershot-jg

Post by aldershot-jg » Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:31 pm

Watched the highlights, seeing the view from the other side of the pitch I think Harry P deserves some benefit of the doubt over how wasteful he was.

First chance we’ve all talked about I don’t think he would have got, he tried but because he had to keep himself onside by the time he’s allowed to react the ball is hitting the outside of the post and gone out. Only way he would have got that was if it hit any other part of the post.

Second chance he perhaps took too long to pass it, did look like Bettamer had gone slightly ahead of him, with a player closing him down getting between him and Betts he had no other choice but to shoot.

Preston Shot

Post by Preston Shot » Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:16 pm

On what little i have seen on the highlights from the previous two games we look fitter and hungrier than the opposition.
Closing down the opposition in numbers and flooding the midfield and breaking up play quicker.
We also look a lot pacier than last season moving forward.
Early days i know but what I've seen has been good and refreshing.

redandbluescb

Post by redandbluescb » Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:39 pm

Craig Tanner was so unlucky with that curling shot that hit the inside of the post.
Agreed we look a lot stronger,fitter and quicker than last season. Rowe looks good
in his new role i didnt think id be saying that this year. Tanner is pure class. Whittingham a revelation
and Rees a good all rounder. At full strength we will be a very good side.

80fc

Post by 80fc » Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:28 pm

redandbluescb wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:39 pm
Craig Tanner was so unlucky with that curling shot that hit the inside of the post.
Agreed we look a lot stronger,fitter and quicker than last season. Rowe looks good
in his new role i didnt think id be saying that this year. Tanner is pure class. Whittingham a revelation
and Rees a good all rounder. At full strength we will be a very good side.
We maybe stronger fitter and quicker but we still only play for 85 minutes

Weybourne Shot

Post by Weybourne Shot » Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:29 pm

Nice to see us scoring more goals from set pieces, not one of our strong points over the recent past. Just need to cut our the mistakes and lapses at the back that have cost us big time so far, but to be honest a lot of teams in the Premier League seem to have suffered in the same way. I wonder if playing empty stadiums is resulting in lower concentration levels at times?