Post match with Anwar

aldershot-jg
Post match with Anwar

Post by aldershot-jg » Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:22 pm

https://youtu.be/83iJMmueOio

Is anyone else curious why Danny hasn’t spoken for weeks now. Understandable that he doesn’t have to do all of them but this must be about the 4th game in a row that he hasn’t done a pre or post match interview.

Mick Earls Fan Club
Re: Post match with Anwar

Post by Mick Earls Fan Club » Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:58 pm

To keep us all guessing??!

Alex

Post by Alex » Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:03 pm

Has he been on the touch line/in the dugout? 🤷🏻‍♂️

Perhaps he’s off to Chesterfield? 😉

CH

Post by CH » Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:36 pm

I think Anwar possibly thinks "it was a scruffy game, 1 goal would win it, and they got it"

Alex

Post by Alex » Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:59 pm

I see there’s some stupid comments from the usual select few on Twitter again re today’s game and Danny not doing interviews etc

aldershot-jg

Post by aldershot-jg » Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:06 pm

CH wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:36 pm
I think Anwar possibly thinks "it was a scruffy game, 1 goal would win it, and they got it"
Quite possibly.

Notts, Maidenhead and now Wrexham have all had that one goal will win feel to them. Mixed results and hasn’t been the most entertaining.

Dr Jim Royle

Post by Dr Jim Royle » Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:29 pm

Didn’t watch or listen to the game, but feedback from Ratings Mob and reading comments on here, seems like the post match summary is spot on. Only thing added by some was about how poor the Ref was and seemed a real homer.

As for Danny not doing any chats, he will have his reasons, he may share them at some stage, or we may not know why. People will always make their own minds up to why this is, but only he will know.

The best talking always takes place on the pitch, so imho that’s where we should concentrate our views on.

I don’t think the season is a write off one way or another yet and I still hope to be eating humble pie come season end and would only be to happy to do so.

Kidderminster Shots

Post by Kidderminster Shots » Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:21 pm

Alex wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:59 pm
I see there’s some stupid comments from the usual select few on Twitter again re today’s game and Danny not doing interviews etc
Touché

I expect they're thinking 'I see there's some stupid comments from the usual select few on Shotsweb again who continue to walk around with their eyes and ears closed to any criticism of a Manager who hasn't done a pre or post match interview for weeks'

A blind man can see something is not right. Denying there's a problem is at best, naive.

Alex

Post by Alex » Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:28 pm

Ridiculous reply!

Dr Jim Royle

Post by Dr Jim Royle » Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:02 am

It is not an issue for me, as I’ve said, the best talking takes place on the pitch not on a video.

BUT, hearing from the manager about thoughts before and after a game DOES matter to a lot to many fans. Danny has had his critics, including myself. But that is part and parcel of the game. There will be reasoned debate, there will be total drivel from fans. There will be high over the top praise, there will be unbelievable stupidity in some words expressed. Shots support is NOT unique, there is always a divide of fans views. Which fans views and expressed are correct and valid? Only the fan that expressed them is right of course ...... IN HIS OWN MIND.

IF and IF only, Danny has chosen not to talk to fans because of criticism and because some has been to personal, then I think he is wrong in this stance. Football managers these days need badges, they need to seemingly have this all inclusive FA media training, they nowadays always seem to “look the part”. BUT from time immemorial, a Football Manager has always had to have thick skinned skills when it comes to pleasing fans, without that skill, they have no chance.

IMHO of course
Last edited by Dr Jim Royle on Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dom Sterlings Left Leg

Post by Dom Sterlings Left Leg » Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:48 am

If you are all over twitter from the outset interacting with fans etc it should come as no surprise that interaction will become soured in the tough times.

Best thing would be to avoid it in the first place. There is more to life than social media which i feel is doing more harm to society than good.

aldershot-jg

Post by aldershot-jg » Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:47 am

Hasn’t been on his Twitter much either. You’d think after some good results against Notts and Alty he’d be happy to talk. It just feels a bit coincidental that this started on the back of Woking/Torquay losses where a lot, myself included, were critical of Danny and the team after those defeats.

Redshot66

Post by Redshot66 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:25 pm

Be nice to know what the news is on Tanner,good or bad,the goals have dried up since he went missing.

Preston Shot

Post by Preston Shot » Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:08 pm

7 points in November was probably a decent return with the fixtures we played.
On a negative note the goals have dried up and we’re scoring 0.75 over the last four games.
This has been the club’s biggest issue over the last three seasons.
Looking at the fixtures for December I’ll be disappointed if they don’t get 15 points 😀

ians

Post by ians » Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:34 pm

I’m really not all surprised that this has happened, he has been obsessed with social media since he joined us!

He should not be reading supporters comments on there, but we know full well he does as he is daft enough to respond to it in interviews, the same interviews where he says he doesn’t read the criticism.

If he decides he doesn’t want to do media interviews and inform supporters anymore then perhaps he should be removed. I should have thought it’s in his job description.