Is Sean Dyche for real?

Dr Jim Royle
Is Sean Dyche for real?

Post by Dr Jim Royle » Fri Jan 08, 2021 6:14 am

Basically the bloke is arguing the case for footballers to be vaccinated as matter of urgency. This based on monies saved on players testing can be ploughed back into the NHS therefore doing us all a favour.

All for it ....... if Premiership Clubs agree to match any transfer fees paid to sign players over the next ten years, max pay players to only a grand a week, therefore allowing more monies from clubs to plough back into our NHS. And finally all TV monies half will also go direct to NHS.

Sean is unbelievable.... putting players above other humans. For me yet another reason I’ve fallen out of love with the Premiership, all they think about is themselves.

Rant over.

ians
Re: Is Sean Dyche for real?

Post by ians » Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:31 am

Couldn’t agree more with your view on the premiership! Although it is so often forgotten how much tax is paid into the exchequer from PAYE tax on players salaries, it’s enormous! Certainly more than the country gets from Lewis Hamilton :lol:

Red-n-Blue

Post by Red-n-Blue » Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:23 am

I've usually got a lot of time for Sean Dyche but he's failed to read the room on this subject.

His point would be valid if PL players were queuing up at public testing centres 3-4 times a week but they're not. Their testing is done by private companies so there's no saving to the NHS if the players are vaccinated.

Even if he's just got his wires crossed, did he not consider the optics of such an opinion?

My wife is a Special Educational Needs Co-ordinator in a primary school and I can imagine how she and her colleagues would feel if PL players received a jab before them - there would be a seismic outcry (and rightly so).

All-in-all, I think those working at the upper end of the football pyramid should think very carefully about sharing views beyond the game itself.

ShotOnTarget

Post by ShotOnTarget » Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:28 am

It's quite enlightening to observe all of the different occupations metaphorically trampling over each other to claim pole position in the vaccine race.

I saw an interesting interview involving a Union leader, where the interviewer made a comment along the lines of 'do you honestly think the public will be sympathetic when your members get in front of the sick and vulnerable using their middle class sharp elbows' and that just about sums it up.

Portly Stilton Shot

Post by Portly Stilton Shot » Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:42 am

Surely only worth prioritising footballers if they were to put all supporters in the same category. I still maintain that one without the other is pointless.

Ian M

Post by Ian M » Fri Jan 08, 2021 10:04 am

I think what he actually meant was if the players get vaccinated, they can carry on going out and partying without there being any covid implications :roll:

Dr Jim Royle

Post by Dr Jim Royle » Fri Jan 08, 2021 10:13 am

Although it is so often forgotten how much tax is paid into the exchequer from PAYE tax on players salaries, it’s enormous!

I think if I was earning over and above £50,000 a week I might suffer a little having to pay taxes on it ................ unless of course most of it paid into some offshore account where I maybe set up as an individual business.

My heart bleeds for the Premiership and its players !!!

Red-n-Blue

Post by Red-n-Blue » Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:02 am

Dr Jim Royle wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 10:13 am
Although it is so often forgotten how much tax is paid into the exchequer from PAYE tax on players salaries, it’s enormous!

I think if I was earning over and above £50,000 a week I might suffer a little having to pay taxes on it ................ unless of course most of it paid into some offshore account where I maybe set up as an individual business.

Indeed - I can't imagine many PL footballers are paying tax on personal PAYE terms.

I hope the Government have made taxation a key pillar of their new immigration policy (specifically for oversees footballers). If you want to earn a living in the UK you should pay tax in the UK, on the same terms as the rest of us plebs. If not, no work permit.

bordon shot

Post by bordon shot » Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:33 am

Sean Dyche should stick to what he knows .

Josh

Post by Josh » Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:09 pm

Just for balance here is what he said.

" I am not trying to step in front of key workers or the vulnerable or anyone who needs it. But if there was a window to fast track football then you would keep it on the TV in a really tough period. Surely that's s better place to be than just continually testing 2 or 3 times a week. I appreciate some will say why should footballers get vaccinated early but if 20 Premier league clubs get vaccinated, the payback to the NHS would be considerable.
After all we all wanted football back for the cash it generates through tax and the wellbeing it generates.

redblueuptoyou

Post by redblueuptoyou » Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:58 pm

Josh wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:09 pm
Just for balance here is what he said.

" I am not trying to step in front of key workers or the vulnerable or anyone who needs it. But if there was a window to fast track football then you would keep it on the TV in a really tough period. Surely that's s better place to be than just continually testing 2 or 3 times a week. I appreciate some will say why should footballers get vaccinated early but if 20 Premier league clubs get vaccinated, the payback to the NHS would be considerable.
After all we all wanted football back for the cash it generates through tax and the wellbeing it generates.
I think he was taken a little out of context and he was at pains to say (many times) this was a layman’s/his personal opinion. It’s a tough one though and can understand the views from all sides. Would be interesting to hear the question that sparked the response?

ians

Post by ians » Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:07 pm

Red-n-Blue wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:02 am
Dr Jim Royle wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 10:13 am

Indeed - I can't imagine many PL footballers are paying tax on personal PAYE terms.

I hope the Government have made taxation a key pillar of their new immigration policy (specifically for oversees footballers). If you want to earn a living in the UK you should pay tax in the UK, on the same terms as the rest of us plebs. If not, no work permit.
This is completely wrong!!!

I understand the context in that people want to slag off footballers for earning so much money, however you might want to have a look at how much Justin Rose has as a golfer (more than any prem footballer), nobody seems to slag him off, he is a shots supporter after all :lol:
Tennis players, Formula one drivers.....

All footballers in this country are employed on their salaries and pay on PAYE. Its a fact!
So when you here they are being paid a salary of 100k a week, about 45k of that is coming to the state plus employers NI.
Football creates great income for our country.

They do have their image rights etc as do all celebrities of course and that very possibly (in fact probably) isn't taxed at the same rate.

Crowthorne

Post by Crowthorne » Fri Jan 08, 2021 2:56 pm

Steve Bruce talking sense for once, says it's immoral for football to continue.

ganesh

Post by ganesh » Fri Jan 08, 2021 3:20 pm

he's not alone unfortunately, the athletes want their vaccinations early so they can train for the Olympics, which they are already still doing?

Look on facebook, all sorts are trying to get up the list and get their vaccinations early, despite there being a clear priority list, and everybody being told to wait for their turn.

I can only assume that when the Me, Me's get their vaccination they think they can run around and break all the lockdown rules as they'll be immune, so for me, even more reason to make them wait their turn.

ians

Post by ians » Fri Jan 08, 2021 4:20 pm

Crowthorne wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 2:56 pm
Steve Bruce talking sense for once, says it's immoral for football to continue.
Not sure its immoral?

The thinking behind it is to give people something to watch and reduce the boredom for people; not sure if its right or wrong but immoral is a bit strong.