Is Sean Dyche for real?

Birdman
Re: Is Sean Dyche for real?

Post by Birdman » Fri Jan 08, 2021 4:22 pm

ganesh wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 3:20 pm
he's not alone unfortunately, the athletes want their vaccinations early so they can train for the Olympics, which they are already still doing?

Look on facebook, all sorts are trying to get up the list and get their vaccinations early, despite there being a clear priority list, and everybody being told to wait for their turn.

I can only assume that when the Me, Me's get their vaccination they think they can run around and break all the lockdown rules as they'll be immune, so for me, even more reason to make them wait their turn.
Talking of the Olympics :- https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/olympics/55506388

Then what ganesh is referring to :- https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/olympics/55575450

hepcat

Post by hepcat » Fri Jan 08, 2021 4:30 pm

ians wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 4:20 pm
Crowthorne wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 2:56 pm
Steve Bruce talking sense for once, says it's immoral for football to continue.
Not sure its immoral?

The thinking behind it is to give people something to watch and reduce the boredom for people; not sure if its right or wrong but immoral is a bit strong.
I'd say there's not much point in it continuing -it's only the cash involved that's keeping the PL playing and the rest would probably be better off "hibernating", Can't honestly say I've had much interest ; it all seems a bit fake with no fans. I've written this season off completely, There were a good few games I fancied this season ,but can't see any point now. Just read that the Women's FA is thinking of deciding cup ties on the toss of a coin !! Abandonment of the whole season/Cup would be infinitely more acceptable to everyone I would have thought!

GuyB

Post by GuyB » Fri Jan 08, 2021 6:44 pm

Premier League really out of touch with the real world.
Luckily my business runs with all staff working from their homes. I shall continue to isolate until the Covid tide turns - my reading has increased greatly!

Old Bob

Post by Old Bob » Fri Jan 08, 2021 7:52 pm

Red-n-Blue wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:23 am
I've usually got a lot of time for Sean Dyche but he's failed to read the room on this subject.
You overestimate Sean Dyche by a considerable degree. He suffers from blinkered vision. He can only see three things: Burnley FC, the Premier league and football ... in that order. When ever and if ever he expresses an opinion that ranges outside of those three things, you can discount it because you can be sure he's talking b0110ck$.

Dr Jim Royle

Post by Dr Jim Royle » Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:06 pm

Not sure its immoral?
The thinking behind it is to give people something to watch and reduce the boredom for people; not sure if its right or wrong but immoral is a bit strong.
GET REAL - Over a thousand deaths a day and these prima donnas want to get vaccines before the most vulnerable (after April time). I can cope without watching footballers play act death after a tackle, hug and kiss after goals, invite Chefs around to cook me and friends dinner and rake in thousands of pounds a week.

Poor devils.

MY AR*E !!!!!

Shotto

Post by Shotto » Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:06 pm

ians wrote:

Not sure its immoral?

The continuation of anything which spreads the virus unnecessarily is immoral.

Today was probably the hardest shift of my career. Amongst the carnage of an unrelenting stream of ambulances, having to call someone to tell them their Covid positive spouse is unlikely to survive wasn't pleasant. There still appears to be people out there who aren't taking this seriously, and football is included in that.

Continuing football at the moment is immoral.

Old Bob

Post by Old Bob » Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:16 pm

Shotto wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:06 pm
ians wrote:

Not sure its immoral?

The continuation of anything which spreads the virus unnecessarily is immoral.

Today was probably the hardest shift of my career. Amongst the carnage of an unrelenting stream of ambulances, having to call someone to tell them their Covid positive spouse is unlikely to survive wasn't pleasant. There still appears to be people out there who aren't taking this seriously, and football is included in that.

Continuing football at the moment is immoral.
I'm so sorry to hear about your difficult day, Shotto. You have my sympathy. Please be assured that there are plenty of people taking this seriously, and they appreciate everything that you and others like you are doing.

ians

Post by ians » Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:18 pm

Dr Jim Royle wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:06 pm
Not sure its immoral?
GET REAL - Over a thousand deaths a day and these prima donnas want to get vaccines before the most vulnerable (after April time). I can cope without watching footballers play act death after a tackle, hug and kiss after goals, invite Chefs around to cook me and friends dinner and rake in thousands of pounds a week.

Poor devils.

MY AR*E !!!!!
You might have noticed that I wasn’t saying whether it was right or wrong; I don’t have a strong view on it, I’m just telling you why they are carrying on, the same reason they started again back in June. I’m not totally convinced that all the footballers want to play with either but just keep slagging them off if it keeps you happy! They will keep paying their massive amounts of PAYE to help fund the NHS :wink:

Josh

Post by Josh » Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:49 pm

Sean Dyche taking considerable stick on here for his view.

Meanwhile, female footballers from Arsenal and Manchester City have been holidaying in Dubai.....

Crowthorne

Post by Crowthorne » Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:02 pm

I doubt if Sean Dyche is too worried about what's written on here.
I thought the female players were doing contracted commercial work.

lowerbourneshot

Post by lowerbourneshot » Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:04 pm

Josh wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:49 pm

Meanwhile, female footballers from Arsenal and Manchester City have been holidaying in Dubai.....
Well doing the job you do Josh ,i think you should be up there in line for a vaccine .

Somerset Shot

Post by Somerset Shot » Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:10 pm

Football authorities should seriously rethink allowing games to continue and players to exist in their own detached bubble while so many ordinary hard working people are on an enforced shutdown for the greater good of society. Meanwhile, prima donna footballers bleat about testing and vaccines so they can continue their overpaid hobby. If football had any remnants of morality they would announce that all competitions will fall into line with the national lockdown with players ordered to stay home. The people’s game?

redblueuptoyou

Post by redblueuptoyou » Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:28 am

Josh wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:49 pm

Celtic also flew out (I think to Dubai).

It’s interesting to note the difference in tone to the posts in this thread to the Barnet match off one, where people are disappointed the Shots aren’t playing today despite Rushmoor’s high infection rates.

Not saying either view is right or wrong - I just think this lockdown has heightened emotions etc. I’ve also seen on the news that the Stay at Home messaging is about to get a lot stronger and ‘Act like you’ve got it’.

Red-n-Blue

Post by Red-n-Blue » Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:55 am

Somerset Shot wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:10 pm
Football authorities should seriously rethink allowing games to continue and players to exist in their own detached bubble while so many ordinary hard working people are on an enforced shutdown for the greater good of society. Meanwhile, prima donna footballers bleat about testing and vaccines so they can continue their overpaid hobby. If football had any remnants of morality they would announce that all competitions will fall into line with the national lockdown with players ordered to stay home. The people’s game?
It could be argued that the continuation of football is for the greater good.

Whatever your views on the money PL players are paid, there is no denying that sport is one of the few 'norms' people can cling to in these desperately depressing times. For some, it's all they have.

My younger brother is a Fulham fan (long story) and he's also our elderly dad's primary carer. The poor sod has barely left the house in nine months and he's going out of his mind. All he has to look forward to is football.

Also, some might argue it's "immoral" to keep schools open, particularly as teachers and school staff have no say in the matter (and no testing or PPE). And yet, many parents still want to send their kids to school because they're understandably worried about their education. Some parents can't work if their kids are off school, and face financial hardship as a consequence. Tell me: who's right and who's wrong? Teaching unions or parents?

One thing we should all learn from this is that sometimes in life there are no clear-cut right or wrong answers. Every decision that's made has consequences - for us as individuals, sometimes those consequences are positive and sometimes they're negative. It's easy to get enraged when we don't agree with a view or policy but maybe we should take a breath and try to at least understand the opposing view.

There are no winners in this, so the best we can do is try to be conscientious losers.

ShotOnTarget

Post by ShotOnTarget » Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:12 am

Red-n-Blue wrote:
Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:55 am
Also, some might argue it's "immoral" to keep schools open, particularly as teachers and school staff have no say in the matter (and no testing or PPE). And yet, many parents still want to send their kids to school because they're understandably worried about their education. Some parents can't work if their kids are off school, and face financial hardship as a consequence. Tell me: who's right and who's wrong? Teaching unions or parents?
I spoke with an educator who said that schools were Covid secure and that a lot of effort has been expended in making them so. I assume that he wasn't making it up and schools are thus quite safe environments. We agreed that the issue is not the school environment that is promoting spread, but the lack of adherence to the rules by kids once they are beyond the school gate, with particular reference the 11-16 age group.