Re: Would you turn down the vaccine?

Post by Fuggletim » Sat Jan 09, 2021 8:22 pm

Birdman wrote:
Sat Jan 09, 2021 8:01 pm
Fuggletim wrote:
Sat Jan 09, 2021 6:44 pm
Jason wrote:
Sat Jan 09, 2021 5:29 pm
Saw this article today. A doctor has worryingly posted that some patients are turning down the Pfizer vaccine, saying that they want to wait instead for the English one.

Would you turn it down if offered?!

https://www.thelondoneconomic.com/news/ ... tor/07/01/
Probably the same kind of people who drive a German made Ford, have an iPhone made in China, likes Turkish kebabs and drinks Sol brewed in Mexico.

Not sure that the original story is actually 100% accurate to be honest, whatever the source may be.
I did read an article in the last few days from BBC North East & Cumbria that some people are ‘waiting for the English vaccine’.
I don't doubt there is some element of truth in it, but just how much is a matter of speculation and "ramped up" to make a story sound more dramatic than it really is.

However an element of truth, there must be. My Mum is nearly 90 and insists on "Branded" medication (E.G.: Pfizer) and just can't accept that any medication made under regulated licence is the same. It gets silly, that she pays £50 for a "Branded" medication because her GP will only prescribed the approved NHS version. She claims various "allergies" to non-branded medication, although her GP has yet to actually diagnose any!

Bob

Post by Bob » Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:12 pm

Let’s get everyone done ASAP so we can resume our lives, the vermin rule breakers can wait till last

chimpster99

Post by chimpster99 » Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:35 pm

[quote=WTF post_id=649247 time=1610221564 user_id=9022]
I am a carrier of Epipens due to serious reaction to stings and bites causing anaphylaxis. I heard the news that I couldn't have the vaccine due to bad side effects but that has now apparently been overturned. It still does concern me that I could suffer some reaction as the vaccine has no history as it were.

But it will not stop me having it, when it's my turn!
[/quote]

I believe this is down to the use of egg albumen in the vaccine production process. Same as that used for most flu jabs. There was some concern about allergic reactions but apparently it’s only limited to those with severe egg allergies.

WTF

Post by WTF » Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:43 pm

chimpster99 wrote:
Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:35 pm
WTF wrote:
Sat Jan 09, 2021 7:46 pm
I am a carrier of Epipens due to serious reaction to stings and bites causing anaphylaxis. I heard the news that I couldn't have the vaccine due to bad side effects but that has now apparently been overturned. It still does concern me that I could suffer some reaction as the vaccine has no history as it were.

But it will not stop me having it, when it's my turn!
I believe this is down to the use of egg albumen in the vaccine production process. Same as that used for most flu jabs. There was some concern about allergic reactions but apparently it’s only limited to those with severe egg allergies.
Thanks for that info Chimpster👍 I will check with my doctor.

Anon E Mouse

Post by Anon E Mouse » Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:47 pm

I might turn down the Russian version.

I'll take which ever version is available tbh.
Saying that I went for the Flu vaccine in December and when sitting in the doctors chair they announced they had run out and would i accept a partially agreed Amercian version. I agreed and I'm fine.
God Bless Amercia. Give me a Big Mac and Fries. Long live Donald Trump.
Doesn't seem to have had any side affects. :shock:

Stenhouse

Post by Stenhouse » Sat Jan 09, 2021 11:01 pm

Anon E Mouse wrote:
Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:47 pm

Saying that I went for the Flu vaccine in December and when sitting in the doctors chair they announced they had run out and would i accept a partially agreed Amercian version. I agreed and I'm fine.
Lol! Don't forget the tea party...

Old Bob

Post by Old Bob » Sat Jan 09, 2021 11:02 pm

Stenhouse wrote:
Sat Jan 09, 2021 11:01 pm
Anon E Mouse wrote:
Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:47 pm

Lol! Don't forget the tea party...
... with milk in first!

Stenhouse

Post by Stenhouse » Sat Jan 09, 2021 11:12 pm

C_Rage

Post by C_Rage » Mon Jan 11, 2021 7:14 pm

I don’t understand why anyone would turn it down really. I know some people not sure about taking it, but when I ask them if they would take new tablets prescribed by a doctor, they will say they would. So there is little difference. Many countries have classed the vaccine as safe, so that’s good enough for me.

I am high risk (Kidney Transplant, Immunosuppressed, Diabetic etc) and have stayed home on my own since March last year, having the vaccine won’t change this immediately but it will certainly make me feel a little more protected moving forward.