Leeds United

Post Reply
shots1965
Posts: 672
Joined: Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:16 pm
Location: Oklahoma USA
Leeds United

Post by shots1965 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 4:41 pm

What do you Leeds United have in common with Aldershot, not ATFC?

Over to you Bob
Last edited by shots1965 on Sun Jan 10, 2021 4:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Statto
Posts: 399
Joined: Sun Feb 04, 2007 5:05 pm
Location: Aldershot
Re: Leeds United

Post by Statto » Sun Jan 10, 2021 4:48 pm

They're rubbish against lower league opposition in the FA Cup! :evil:

Bob
Posts: 404
Joined: Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:58 pm
Re: Leeds United

Post by Bob » Sun Jan 10, 2021 4:58 pm

Both lost to Sutton in the cup?

shots1965
Posts: 672
Joined: Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:16 pm
Location: Oklahoma USA
Re: Leeds United

Post by shots1965 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:09 pm

Bob wrote:
Sun Jan 10, 2021 4:58 pm
Both lost to Sutton in the cup?
Good answer, but wrong!

Bob
Posts: 404
Joined: Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:58 pm
Re: Leeds United

Post by Bob » Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:10 pm

Both lost 3-0 in the cup to someone much lower?

Bob
Posts: 404
Joined: Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:58 pm
Re: Leeds United

Post by Bob » Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:12 pm

The year 1992, a triumph for one and a disaster for the other?

shots1965
Posts: 672
Joined: Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:16 pm
Location: Oklahoma USA
Re: Leeds United

Post by shots1965 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:13 pm

Bob wrote:
Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:10 pm
Both lost 3-0 in the cup to someone much lower?✅
Well done...


Marcelo Bielsa's men became only the second top-flight team to lose by at least three goals to a fourth-tier side in the competition since the English Football League added the bottom division in 1958.

The last side to suffer such a result was Oxford United, who lost by the same scoreline against Aldershot Town in January 1987.

BBC get it wrong again... It should be Aldershot, not town

Bob
Posts: 404
Joined: Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:58 pm
Re: Leeds United

Post by Bob » Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:23 pm

Yes

Bob
Posts: 404
Joined: Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:58 pm
Re: Leeds United

Post by Bob » Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:24 pm

34 years ago today as well

shotsboy66
Posts: 170
Joined: Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:01 pm
Re: Leeds United

Post by shotsboy66 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:26 pm

shots1965 wrote:
Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:13 pm
Bob wrote:
Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:10 pm
Both lost 3-0 in the cup to someone much lower?✅
Well done...


Marcelo Bielsa's men became only the second top-flight team to lose by at least three goals to a fourth-tier side in the competition since the English Football League added the bottom division in 1958.

The last side to suffer such a result was Oxford United, who lost by the same scoreline against Aldershot Town in January 1987.

BBC get it wrong again... It should be Aldershot, not town
Yes featured on the Aldershot attic...Jan 10th 1987. My goodness 34 years ago. I actually saw John Aldridge play his last game at the Rec that day for Oxford...and also was at Anfield the night he played his final game for Liverpool in the 9-0 thrashing of Crystal Palace..never forget he came off the subs bench to slam a penalty home. Few days later he joined Real Sociedad

Bob
Posts: 404
Joined: Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:58 pm
Re: Leeds United

Post by Bob » Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:35 pm

1987 was a great year, life was straight forward then unlike now

shotsboy66
Posts: 170
Joined: Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:01 pm
Re: Leeds United

Post by shotsboy66 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:44 pm

Bob wrote:
Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:35 pm
1987 was a great year, life was straight forward then unlike now
Also 1987 had tragedy with the Kings Cross, Zubrugge and Hungerford horrors. But yes 1987 life was straight forward.

It cost £3 to watch Aldershot...and that was to be entertained by the likes of Barnes, King, McDonald, Langley,,,great characters. I loved going to footy back then

Bob
Posts: 404
Joined: Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:58 pm
Re: Leeds United

Post by Bob » Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:45 pm

shotsboy66 wrote:
Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:44 pm
Bob wrote:
Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:35 pm
1987 was a great year, life was straight forward then unlike now
Also 1987 had tragedy with the Kings Cross, Zubrugge and Hungerford horrors. But yes 1987 life was straight forward.

It cost £3 to watch Aldershot...and that was to be entertained by the likes of Barnes, King, McDonald, Langley,,,great characters. I loved going to footy back then
Indeed

Somerset Shot
Posts: 173
Joined: Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:49 pm
Location: Somerset
Re: Leeds United

Post by Somerset Shot » Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:48 pm

shotsboy66 wrote:
Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:44 pm
Bob wrote:
Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:35 pm
1987 was a great year, life was straight forward then unlike now
Also 1987 had tragedy with the Kings Cross, Zubrugge and Hungerford horrors. But yes 1987 life was straight forward.

It cost £3 to watch Aldershot...and that was to be entertained by the likes of Barnes, King, McDonald, Langley,,,great characters. I loved going to footy back then
£3....apart from that Oxford game where the price was tripled to £9. I was there though!

shots1965
Posts: 672
Joined: Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:16 pm
Location: Oklahoma USA
Re: Leeds United

Post by shots1965 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:49 pm

I remember it well,it was $$$$ing ...Freezing


Post Reply