Leeds United

Bob
Posts: 404
Joined: Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:58 pm
Re: Leeds United

Post by Bob » Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:03 pm

Leeds United the last ever division 1 champions when 1 meant 1 strangely enough, also the last champions of England to have an English manager 29 years ago!

shots1965
Posts: 672
Joined: Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:16 pm
Location: Oklahoma USA
Re: Leeds United

Post by shots1965 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:40 pm

Bob wrote:
Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:24 pm
34 years ago today as well
It’s also the fifth anniversary of David Bowie passing on

lowerbourneshot
Posts: 371
Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2011 7:29 pm
Location: The Ex Legion now Lower Bourne Social Club
Re: Leeds United

Post by lowerbourneshot » Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:49 pm

Statto wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:45 pm
lowerbourneshot wrote:
Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:18 pm
CH wrote:
Sun Jan 10, 2021 6:25 pm
I think it held the record for the lowest attendance for a 3rd round tie for a while...

Whether true or not, its obviously beaten all ends up this weekend
It was beaten a few years,couldn't tell you by who though.
That record stood till January 2010, when 1322 fans saw Accrington Stanley v Gillingham.
Ta

Statto
Posts: 399
Joined: Sun Feb 04, 2007 5:05 pm
Location: Aldershot
Re: Leeds United

Post by Statto » Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:35 am

Bob wrote:
Sun Jan 10, 2021 6:06 pm
Gate was about 1900
Nearly Bob. It was 1966.

Bob
Posts: 404
Joined: Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:58 pm
Re: Leeds United

Post by Bob » Tue Jan 12, 2021 12:59 pm

Ah, that’s why I said about, Peter 👍

Wanderer
Posts: 106
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2007 10:45 pm
Location: Godalming
Re: Leeds United

Post by Wanderer » Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:57 pm

Statto wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:35 am
Bob wrote:
Sun Jan 10, 2021 6:06 pm
Gate was about 1900
Nearly Bob. It was 1966.
Or 2,034! The 1,966 was the crowd given on the day and has always been taken as the official gate, but in the Peterborough programme and all remaining programmes that season the gate is shown as 2,034. I'm sure I queried this at the time and was told that a gate had been missed or some ticket stubs not counted correctly.

Statto
Posts: 399
Joined: Sun Feb 04, 2007 5:05 pm
Location: Aldershot
Re: Leeds United

Post by Statto » Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:53 pm

Wanderer wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:57 pm
Statto wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:35 am
Bob wrote:
Sun Jan 10, 2021 6:06 pm
Gate was about 1900
Nearly Bob. It was 1966.
Or 2,034! The 1,966 was the crowd given on the day and has always been taken as the official gate, but in the Peterborough programme and all remaining programmes that season the gate is shown as 2,034. I'm sure I queried this at the time and was told that a gate had been missed or some ticket stubs not counted correctly.
Really? I never knew that! :o The following season's Rothmans Football Yearbook shows the attendance for that game as 1966.

Bob
Posts: 404
Joined: Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:58 pm
Re: Leeds United

Post by Bob » Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:52 pm

If I remember correctly MR Aldridge came off the pitch in tears, week later was playing for Liverpool

80fc
Posts: 257
Joined: Thu May 17, 2007 12:20 pm
Re: Leeds United

Post by 80fc » Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:31 pm

Bob wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:52 pm
If I remember correctly MR Aldridge came off the pitch in tears, week later was playing for Liverpool
And Martin Foyle who didn't play for us that day replaced him at Oxford

Bob
Posts: 404
Joined: Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:58 pm
Re: Leeds United

Post by Bob » Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:27 pm

80fc wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:31 pm
Bob wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:52 pm
If I remember correctly MR Aldridge came off the pitch in tears, week later was playing for Liverpool
And Martin Foyle who didn't play for us that day replaced him at Oxford
I think his last game was the freight rover win at Swindon then the following Saturday was a big game at home to Preston, March 87


Post Reply