Ignorance, stupidity, don’t give a damn?

Birdman
Ignorance, stupidity, don’t give a damn?

Post by Birdman » Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:35 am

Turnkey
Re: Ignorance, stupidity, don’t give a damn?

Post by Turnkey » Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:52 am

See it everyday at work. They don’t care, selfish bastards.

chimpster99

Post by chimpster99 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:39 pm

For anyone who's sceptical or unclear about Covid, this is from a very good friend who's a very fit and healthy 49-year-old and mother of two. It's a pretty graphic illustration of what it does, and thankfully she's made it out the other side. The idiots who refuse to follow the guidelines need to learn about it and think again, as next it will be their parents or grandparents, or some poor soul they pass in the supermarket, and they may not be as lucky.

---

I’ve just survived Covid and it’s been the most scary and physically awful two weeks of my life. Since the pandemic began I’ve been pretty relaxed thinking nothing bad would happen to me as I am careful about going out and I’m quite fit and strong.

A couple of days before New Year’s Eve I started sneezing with blocked sinus. After a few days I felt a little better, but then it all started. Very high temperature day and night, whole body aching, awful headaches, sore throat. This went on for four days and I didn’t really know how to cope here with the kids. We were all isolating and I don’t really know what they ate or did those days. On the Thursday I felt well enough to get out of bed and sit in the living room for the afternoon, feeling much more positive and chatting to the boys.

Then the next day it felt like it came for me. My chest felt like someone was kneeling on it. The worst headache. Dripping bed sheets with high temp. My eldest called the ambulance as I couldn’t breathe. They make you walk to the ambulance to test your lung capacity. I started to think I was going to be one of the ones who might have a bad outcome. We started driving to hospital but they got a call to say beds were under pressure and I needed to try and cope at home. I was so frightened.

It went on for four more days and nights. The medication calmed my breathing in time but made me sick. I was sick all over my bed numerous times but felt so ill I couldn’t be bothered to get up and clean it. Finally today I’ve been up all day feeling better.

My saving grace has been my friends who have been absolutely amazing. The cruelty of Covid is that when you feel most vulnerable no one can come and comfort you. You can’t think what you need to do or how to do them.

Everyone is bored and fed up of being locked away but I would anybody to STAY AT HOME, apart from exercise with your family, because I now understand the true awfulness of Covid.

Stenhouse

Post by Stenhouse » Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:45 pm

Just a product of how society has changed in the past 50 years. I, me, mine is promoted, at the expense of the community as a whole. I honestly think that all youngsters should do community service for a year, (similar to national service, but not necessarily military), to learn how to respect others, society, and living in this country as a whole. Maybe even learn useful vocational skills. Very sad seeing uncaring / uneducated individuals living this way.

Dr Jim Royle

Post by Dr Jim Royle » Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:50 pm

Really should be drafting in Army to support police. They need to crack down on offenders young and old. It’s not just the youth who rely on ignorance, older folk who should know better are as much to blame.

And why are the parents not tougher on their elder kids still at home?

Curfews and near total lockdown is only cure over next month or more.

Statto

Post by Statto » Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:38 pm

It's no good using big words like "impervious" to these people - they'd probably think it's some kind of weird sexual practice! :evil: :shock:

Plus, how stupid do you have to be to get a COVID ticket/fine, and then get another one four days later?! :?

lowerbourneshot

Post by lowerbourneshot » Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:55 pm

Dr Jim Royle wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:50 pm
Really should be drafting in Army to support police. They need to crack down on offenders young and old. It’s not just the youth who rely on ignorance, older folk who should know better are as much to blame.

And why are the parents not tougher on their elder kids still at home?

Curfews and near total lockdown is only cure over next month or more.
Army on the streets ? Akin to martial law Jim. Scary times . I would support a 2 week total lockdown ,but the government would still say except for work . How many millions are still working in the country ? So it still spreads . No lockdown fully . You get what you need ,then no leaving the house except for medical emergency.

Crowthorne

Post by Crowthorne » Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:26 pm

The cure is already out there, the CCP didn't release this virus without an antidote. When enough economic damage has been caused to the rest of the world they will release it.
The only benefit of a total lockdown is PP getting the crime rate down.

Dr Jim Royle

Post by Dr Jim Royle » Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:01 pm

The cure is already out there, the CCP didn't release this virus without an antidote.
Totally agree.

Funny how China have agreed to the WHO visiting the epi-centre of the outbreak along with Labs, yet thus far they've not been allowed near the place !!!

"The team's visit to China, especially to Wuhan where the virus first emerged in December last year, has become a bone of contention as Beijing, which questions the widely-held view about the virus' origins in Wuhan, had delayed granting permission to the 10-member team of experts.

China has been proactively questioning the view that the deadly outbreak took place in a wet market in Wuhan where live animals, birds and reptiles are sold and spread to humans. The market remained closed and sealed since early last year.

Monday's confirmation came after WHO chief Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, who is often accused of being pro-China, in a rare instance of criticism, expressed disappointment over Beijing for not finalising the necessary permissions for the experts' team's arrival.

"I'm very disappointed with this news, given that two members had already begun their journeys and others were not able to travel at the last minute, but had been in contact with senior Chinese officials," he said.

Tedros said he "made it clear" that the mission was a priority for the UN health agency and it was eager to get it "underway as soon as possible".

The delay by China to finalise the visit fuelled concerns that Beijing was obstructing global efforts to trace the origins of COVID-19."

Crowthorne

Post by Crowthorne » Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:12 pm

What makes it even more suspicious is the WHO is little more than a stooge of China.

redblueuptoyou

Post by redblueuptoyou » Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:28 pm

The Government have really played a blinder with this latest strategy of turning the public against each other.

Birdman

Post by Birdman » Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:46 pm

redblueuptoyou wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:28 pm
The Government have really played a blinder with this latest strategy of turning the public against each other.
How so?

ians

Post by ians » Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:26 pm

Yes the government will be delighted to see the public slagging each other off to divert attention from their absolute f***k up over Christmas!

On the plus side I believe the numbers have peaked and are in fact starting to move down now. But deaths will continue at this awful rate for a few weeks :cry:

redblueuptoyou

Post by redblueuptoyou » Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:08 pm

Birdman - read this thread.

There’s been a shift this week (just as record numbers of deaths are announced) to them telling the public to ‘take more responsibility’ in far more assertive terms. They even sent Patel out for a briefing yesterday.

This has led to the bickering - especially on social media - and people not questioning the absurdity/danger of people (who can wfh) still commuting into workplaces/Christmas/the schools issue(s). Plus the stats and research back up these Covidiots are in a minority - they’re still about and ignorant/stupid but don’t let them distract from the good work most are doing/the real issues.

Like ians said, cases are going to increase but then start going down as the vaccine rollout gathers pace.

hepcat

Post by hepcat » Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:49 pm

I did laugh at the news report about an anti lockdown protester not being able to attend court as he had covid.