Post by Kappadeano » Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:05 am

stevieshot
Re: Alternative Interview - Series 4 - John Grant

Post by stevieshot » Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:44 am

Another great piece of work, well done

Les Briley

Post by Les Briley » Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:20 am

That was good, John Grant always comes across as a decent bloke.

Anon E Mouse

Post by Anon E Mouse » Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:47 pm

He really seems like a fan which is great.

I think Whittingham gives me the same opinion and even Kins although I know hes a Villa fan I think ?

Great work Deano and Graham. These video podcasts really give you something to look forward too.
There is no doubt many players get attached to Aldershot.
I wonder if you have Abbo on your wish list. Would love to hear how he is getting on and what he thought of the Shots. ??

Reg's corner

Post by Reg's corner » Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:04 pm

I think Gary should have stayed a couple of more seasons. I've heard a story that he just dropped off his car end of season and never really said goodbye to anyone.. Shame we never did give him a good send off. It would be great if something could be done now with Graham and kappa, so at least we can say thanks and celebrate those memories.

stevieshot

Post by stevieshot » Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:09 pm

What this does show is that our players need to feel loved and valued. How many of our strikers have felt derided or in some cases hated. And if you felt that in your job, would you give 100% ?

collieboy

Post by collieboy » Fri Jan 15, 2021 3:49 pm

It is so true to say that players that feel supported by the fans will be loyal and proud to wear the shirt, how shall we put it, if your Employer didn't back you and made negative comments to you, how would you feel?, I was fortunate to speak to John on several occasions, and yes a real top bloke who speaks from the heart, i believe there to be some similarities between John and Ricky listen to the NL podcast. Now the one thing that cements this club together is the vocal fans, if you look back through the years you would always find it, and you will find that it's the reason ex players along with current ones, speak so highly of the fans, Another reason young Ethan will miss not playing here, as Wimbledon doesn't have that magic.

Kappadeano

Post by Kappadeano » Fri Jan 15, 2021 3:59 pm

Plenty more from John to follow. Series 5 being recorded later this evening. Hoping to get some of the other suggestions in the future. It’s nice to hear that the content is enjoyable and I hope we’re getting the balance right regarding the length of each episode.

AFC197273

Post by AFC197273 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:07 pm

Really enjoyed all these Interviews and brought back some great memories,all seems a long time ago now,hopefully the good times will return again.

Old Bob

Post by Old Bob » Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:53 pm

Great memories of a favourite player. Who can forget John's brilliant hat trick at Salisbury on a dank, wet Sunday night? I think that was the first time that season when I started to believe that we were going up as champions and no one was going to stop us.

Anon E Mouse

Post by Anon E Mouse » Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:04 pm

Kappadeano wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 3:59 pm
Plenty more from John to follow. Series 5 being recorded later this evening. Hoping to get some of the other suggestions in the future. It’s nice to hear that the content is enjoyable and I hope we’re getting the balance right regarding the length of each episode.
It's perfect Deano.
Maybe you could get a couple of Aldershot FC legends as well. Big Jack, Alex McGregor (One of Graham's favourites), Dave Puckett The King, Bobby Barnes etc.
Other Aldershot Town players could be Steve Stairs and Ray Warburton, also Steve Wignall.

We would love any of these.

Thanks so much.

collieboy

Post by collieboy » Sat Jan 16, 2021 6:11 pm

Don't forget Jack Howarth the legend or perhaps Dennis Brown Ronnie Walton Roger Joslyn, Tony Godfrey, but i believe he currently resides in Aussie land, a few for the future maybe, not forgetting Murry the bullet Brodie