Reminder, Fans Forum, 16th September

Post Reply
Birdman
Posts: 2312
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:47 am
Location: Aldershot
Reminder, Fans Forum, 16th September

Post by Birdman » Thu Sep 02, 2021 7:09 pm

https://www.theshots.co.uk/fans-forum-t ... 22-season/

Please send any questions or queries in regards to the club you have to our Media and Marketing Manager Henry Port at henry.port@theshots.co.uk.

Click on Henry’s email address and this should take you direct to your email page.



Will you please vet or sanitise your questions before sending them in. Apparently it’ll save the club from having to do it. 👍 :wink: :D

80fc
Posts: 418
Joined: Thu May 17, 2007 12:20 pm
Re: Reminder, Fans Forum, 16th September

Post by 80fc » Thu Sep 02, 2021 8:01 pm

.

Ian M
Posts: 191
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:09 am
Location: 5 miles from Chepstow, Monmouthshire
Re: Reminder, Fans Forum, 16th September

Post by Ian M » Thu Sep 02, 2021 9:18 pm

Should be an absolute hoot.

A.T.F.C 92
Posts: 239
Joined: Sun Oct 08, 2017 6:24 pm
Re: Reminder, Fans Forum, 16th September

Post by A.T.F.C 92 » Thu Sep 02, 2021 9:24 pm

Would love to know how many questions get sent in and how many are actually picked out to give the manager and chairman a easy evening

redandbluescb
Posts: 1606
Joined: Sat May 19, 2018 9:29 pm
Re: Reminder, Fans Forum, 16th September

Post by redandbluescb » Thu Sep 02, 2021 9:48 pm

Can we have it live streamed for those of us that cant get there ???.

Birdman
Posts: 2312
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:47 am
Location: Aldershot
Re: Reminder, Fans Forum, 16th September

Post by Birdman » Thu Sep 02, 2021 9:49 pm

redandbluescb wrote:
Thu Sep 02, 2021 9:48 pm
Can we have it live streamed for those of us that cant get there ???.
Have you clicked on the link and read what it reveals?

Sean Chambers
Posts: 934
Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:30 pm
Re: Reminder, Fans Forum, 16th September

Post by Sean Chambers » Fri Sep 03, 2021 8:04 am

redandbluescb wrote:
Thu Sep 02, 2021 9:48 pm
Can we have it live streamed for those of us that cant get there ???.
It’s going to be streamed as previous ones

15-4-08
Posts: 654
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:56 pm
Re: Reminder, Fans Forum, 16th September

Post by 15-4-08 » Fri Sep 03, 2021 10:20 am

A.T.F.C 92 wrote:
Thu Sep 02, 2021 9:24 pm
Would love to know how many questions get sent in and how many are actually picked out to give the manager and chairman a easy evening
Cue the happy clappy defenders of the faith! :shock: :shock:

Cph.shots
Posts: 572
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:44 pm
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Re: Reminder, Fans Forum, 16th September

Post by Cph.shots » Fri Sep 03, 2021 11:17 am

Birdman wrote:
Thu Sep 02, 2021 7:09 pm
https://www.theshots.co.uk/fans-forum-t ... 22-season/

Please send any questions or queries in regards to the club you have to our Media and Marketing Manager Henry Port at henry.port@theshots.co.uk.

Click on Henry’s email address and this should take you direct to your email page.



Will you please vet or sanitise your questions before sending them in. Apparently it’ll save the club from having to do it. 👍 :wink: :D
I think we should have an independent group of lawyers or the UN to verify the whole process to ensure that no questions are "lost", otherwise it's going to be like the US election all over again.
Ideally, the whole process should be streamed to ensure that not happy clapper is kept in the loop.

redandbluescb
Posts: 1606
Joined: Sat May 19, 2018 9:29 pm
Re: Reminder, Fans Forum, 16th September

Post by redandbluescb » Fri Sep 03, 2021 12:07 pm

Birdman wrote:
Thu Sep 02, 2021 9:49 pm
redandbluescb wrote:
Thu Sep 02, 2021 9:48 pm
Can we have it live streamed for those of us that cant get there ???.
Have you clicked on the link and read what it reveals?
Ooooooooooooooooooooooops.

stevieshot
Posts: 439
Joined: Mon May 10, 2010 1:02 pm
Location: Guildford
Re: Reminder, Fans Forum, 16th September

Post by stevieshot » Fri Sep 03, 2021 12:45 pm

One way of telling if questions have been avoided or forgotten, is to post the question on here at the same time as you forward it to the club.
The advantage of doing this is you can read other people's questions and avoid duplication, or rephrase your question to make your point clearer.
Also we will have a visual prompt as to what's being asked.

Headley Shot
Posts: 176
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:22 pm
Re: Reminder, Fans Forum, 16th September

Post by Headley Shot » Fri Sep 03, 2021 7:13 pm

16th September. Why then ? The team is losing and may well have lost to Notts, Solihull & Southend on the lead up to the Forum. My best guess is because there is some positive news about the lease/stadium redevelopment.
If there isn’t and the team lose those games, I’m not sure the forum will go ahead.

Josh
Posts: 216
Joined: Wed May 30, 2007 4:34 pm
Re: Reminder, Fans Forum, 16th September

Post by Josh » Fri Sep 03, 2021 9:17 pm

Have emailed my question.
Let's hope it goes ahead.

Birdman
Posts: 2312
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:47 am
Location: Aldershot
Re: Reminder, Fans Forum, 16th September

Post by Birdman » Fri Sep 03, 2021 9:34 pm

Headley Shot wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 7:13 pm
16th September. Why then ? The team is losing and may well have lost to Notts, Solihull & Southend on the lead up to the Forum. My best guess is because there is some positive news about the lease/stadium redevelopment.
If there isn’t and the team lose those games, I’m not sure the forum will go ahead.
The FF was announced on the 3rd of August (see the link in the opening post), eighteen days before the opening fixture.

Edit: There was also a FF in September ‘19. There wasn’t one last year because of the pandemic.

Lightwater Shot
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2007 10:16 pm
Location: Lightwater, Surrey
Contact:
Re: Reminder, Fans Forum, 16th September

Post by Lightwater Shot » Sat Sep 04, 2021 10:16 am

Re: "Happy Clappers" - it needs to be balanced. What would be the point of the panel defending a barrage of negativity for the entire duration of the forum? It needs some structure that allows them to put over some of the points that they would like to get across, so if your question isn't asked it will be more in the interest of balance rather than a conspiracy against the "moaners".

Why is it so wrong to be positive and optimistic? As a club we are punching at our weight as a struggling National League side, maybe the ground development will have a positive impact and bring it up a notch or two, but ultimately running the club at a sustainable level means that there will still be a club to support when the stadium is built. The people who give their time and money to achieve that don't deserve to be subjected to a mud-flinging competition.


Post Reply