Southend v Shots match thread

Alan B
Re: Southend v Shots match thread

Post by Alan B » Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:26 pm

Gutted I decided not to go tonight. I was in two minds all day but finally decided against a 6 hour round trip in bad weather. Credit to the 124 who did go and credit to Danny and the players for a great result.

I chose to go to Notts County again to suss out Saturdays opponents, Wealdstone. It ended 3-2 to County but much like our game there, the away side deserved a point. I was very impressed with them - a good team ethic with some skilful players in Elito, Charlie Cooper and Dennon Lewis. Josh Umerah up front was a real handful and scored both their goals. Our old player Rhys Browne came on in the second half and by running at the Notts defence at pace, gave them all sorts of problems. Be warned, they are a decent side.
Last edited by Alan B on Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

JOELC26

Post by JOELC26 » Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:30 pm

Had low expectations tonight but haven’t followed via radio it seems we more than matched Southend and deserved win.

I am still in the Danny out camp for our long term gain - we still gave away a goal in last 10 minutes which shows our vulnerability and the first sounded calamitous.

I did think odd Neil Smith was on commentary and wondered if he had one eye on Danny’s job.

We need to follow this up with a win at Wealdstone.

Very happy with the win though, up the shots.

DaveC

Post by DaveC » Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:31 pm

So pleased for the lads and particularly for Danny who has had some terrible luck and unfair abuse recently. Enjoy every moment, you deserve it.

shotsboy66

Post by shotsboy66 » Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:35 pm

Anon E Mouse wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:23 pm
GrahamH wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:07 pm
Mr Smith is keeping ‘close’ to ATFC

🔴🔵🔴🔵
Yes you feel he would give his right arm to manager us.
Not so sure I like his ethos of the game but yesterday I would of taken him.

Let's see what happens next but the players have just rescued Danny no doubt.
Pleased for the 124. Proper fans unlike me ......atm.
We`re all fans Mr Mouse. I don`t know what a proper fan is...anyways right now Aldershot are celebrating an away win which, let`s face it, we didn`t expect

I wonder how that will impact on the Wealdtone game-need to keep some momentum going, otherwise we will be back to where we were before tonight.

Oh well at least we can all smile for a few days & be a tad more positive hopefully

Wakefield Shots

Post by Wakefield Shots » Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:48 pm

Well didn't expect that. Still think Mr Searle should go, but a win is a win and feels good. Really need to follow it up in next 2 games as well.

margateshot

Post by margateshot » Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:55 pm

Borehamwood 3rd in the league attendance 503. How do they do it?

shotsboy66

Post by shotsboy66 » Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:59 pm

margateshot wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:55 pm
Borehamwood 3rd in the league attendance 503. How do they do it?
Yes indeed- How do they do it? Took Josh Rees from us. Still think he`ll prove to be a massive miss sadly

Anon E Mouse

Post by Anon E Mouse » Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:59 pm

shotsboy66 wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:35 pm
Anon E Mouse wrote:
GrahamH wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:07 pm
Mr Smith is keeping ‘close’ to ATFC

🔴🔵🔴🔵

We`re all fans Mr Mouse. I don`t know what a proper fan is...anyways right now Aldershot are celebrating an away win which, let`s face it, we didn`t expect

I wonder how that will impact on the Wealdtone game-need to keep some momentum going, otherwise we will be back to where we were before tonight.

Oh well at least we can all smile for a few days & be a tad more positive hopefully
Thanks I love my club with a passion. Its just not doing me any good lately and I am feeling better due to not going.
Let's see where it goes, but so pleased for the fans inc those close to my heart, for tonights glimmer of hope.
Is it all OK, of course not, but true fans and those that care deeply but maybe have currently turned away for their own well being, should be happy tonight. COYS.

steveshot

Post by steveshot » Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:11 pm

Hallelujah! First win at last ❤️💙 now to follow it up on Saturday

shotsboy66

Post by shotsboy66 » Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:14 pm

Anon E Mouse wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:59 pm
shotsboy66 wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:35 pm
Anon E Mouse wrote:

Thanks I love my club with a passion. Its just not doing me any good lately and I am feeling better due to not going.
Let's see where it goes, but so pleased for the fans inc those close to my heart, for tonights glimmer of hope.
Is it all OK, of course not, but true fans and those that care deeply but maybe have currently turned away for their own well being, should be happy tonight. COYS.
Sometimes Mr Mouse it is not a bad thing to take a step back- make a protest vote is what I call it. Back in the 80s I couldn`t bear to miss a game home or away. Between 1986-90 I only missed about seven games (home & away) and that was due to my Railway shift work. The difference back then being I didn`t CHOOSE to miss them.

Sadly now, like yourself, I find it does no good putting yourself through it because "you feel you have to". Take the Solihull game last week- there was more talk about the fans who didn`t go, than those that did. What does that tell us?

We all see things differently. Even Royston who has only missed five games in 42 years, was saying yesterday that his enthusiasm is fast waning.

Anyway tonight we have summat to cheer..thank gawd..it feels long overdue, probably because it is!

Ancient Shot

Post by Ancient Shot » Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:16 pm

Danny's Shovel wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:24 pm
Shots2000 wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:22 pm
5 at the back again?! Lost 5 in a row does not change it, disgraceful really.
Disgusting, this is without Lokko also, so he is trying to shoehorn anyone in to get it to work.

If he gets the boot tomorrow he cant have anyone to blame but himself, very stubborn.
Hmm

Ancient Shot

Post by Ancient Shot » Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:19 pm

Danny's Shovel wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:02 pm
Losing 1-0, Goodbye Mr Searle
Yeah that was Danny's fault

Ancient Shot

Post by Ancient Shot » Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:21 pm

GuyB wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:16 pm
Danny's Shovel wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:11 pm
Surely he must be turfed out before the fans forum takes place to save face for him.
Who knows? But something needs to happen - we're repeating the same old errors on and off the pitch.
Same errors? Seriously?

Readingshot

Post by Readingshot » Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:43 pm

Well done to Danny and the team. Great result. 3 goals and an away win. Hopefully this will boost the players confidence. Let's get behind the team on Saturday and really start moving up the table.

HertsShot

Post by HertsShot » Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:48 pm

Just home and enjoying a beer to celebrate.

I cant say I like our formation or style of play, and I dont think some of our players are good enough. But my word they fought for it tonight and absolutely deserved the win. Well done lads.

Southend are nowhere near as good as their fans think they are. Mid table at best.