2022/23 Season Ticket Prices

Anon E Mouse
Re: 2022/23 Season Ticket Prices

Post by Anon E Mouse » Thu May 12, 2022 9:01 pm

Dom Sterlings Left Leg wrote:
Thu May 12, 2022 8:39 pm
Pretty uninspiring stuff sadly but not unexpected.

I can't see many being sold at those prices given the season we have had and with nothing coming out of the club to suggest anything better next season.

Targeting deals for under 11s seems to me to be totally the wrong group to be targeting. They will all need to bring a parent which then ends up being a costly couple of hours.
They have got it wrong on so many levels. Seems virtually zero thought has gone into this and we are supposed to be thankful that the prices haven't gone up. For this standard, you must be joking. The whole club needs to give its head a wobble. :oops:
Roll on next season.

Shots91

Post by Shots91 » Thu May 12, 2022 9:07 pm

Spot on Anon E Mouse

Dom Sterlings Left Leg

Post by Dom Sterlings Left Leg » Thu May 12, 2022 9:20 pm

It shouldn't be a surprise. Let's face it the whole ethos of the club has been trashed over the past 10 years.

We are now expected to be greatful that the club can just exist as a struggling National League club under the pretence of being a professional football club.

We should be thankful we have been saved and thankful that we are run sustainably (just ignore the debt and be thankful we haven't put the price up).

redblueuptoyou

Post by redblueuptoyou » Thu May 12, 2022 9:41 pm

Graham Stovold wrote:
Thu May 12, 2022 7:23 pm
redblueuptoyou wrote:
Thu May 12, 2022 6:45 pm
Thought there might be a discount for booking advance tickets. Seems like we’ve missed a trick there?
Not having a pop red, just commenting on the point you suggest. By my maths & using an average gate of 1800. If say, 25% of that average got a discount of £1 by buying early, I make it the club would lose £10300 over a season.

Add that to those who feel the ST prices should be reduced, that seems a lot of money the club would be short at the end of the season.So it doesn’t seem good business sense to me.

I maintain that if Mark gets it pretty much right with the signings & we have a team that competes on the pitch, particularly against the money teams, the fans will support the club
I get where you’re coming from but they used to offer an advance discount - and have the past few years really offered value for money? £20 is a lot of money and every pound saved will help people with the cost of living crisis (equally every pound helps the club).

stevieshot

Post by stevieshot » Thu May 12, 2022 10:22 pm

You have to take into account, costs have risen for the club, the same as anyone else. Are there any other amenities that have cut their prices at the moment. Having a price freeze hurts the playing budget, and as we have seen hurts the quality on show. I bought 2 season tickets today, because I don't want us in the same situation again.

HackJowarth

Post by HackJowarth » Fri May 13, 2022 8:49 am

billyboy wrote:
Thu May 12, 2022 9:18 am
8F3F1FD7-7DD8-4E83-9817-6330D9758E78.jpeg
The comments on the Club’s Facebook page regarding season tickets are well worth a read. Hopefully, someone at ATFC has read this, taken note & will backtrack. Highly unlikely of course.

South Coast Shot

Post by South Coast Shot » Fri May 13, 2022 8:52 am

Anon E Mouse wrote:
Thu May 12, 2022 11:16 am
I think the club is totally out of touch with its fans and this announcement has proved it.
So many fans have drifted away, found other things to do and this will not of encouraged them back, certainly not on a regular basis.

Only hope is that Mark can completely change the way the team plays and approaches games to justify these prices. If not it will be 1,300 at best for home games next season I reckon.
I agree. Incredibly, the loyal away following will still turn out in numbers. The £20 is the reason so many choose to stay away and groundhop instead. The likes of Eastleigh getting bigger gates than us is humiliating, to me anyway.

I'd have half-expected the club to come to it's senses and restructure the admission at £18.

Yes, it seems ATFC and its fans are living on different planets.
You have to take into account, costs have risen for the club, the same as anyone else. Are there any other amenities that have cut their prices at the moment.
True. That must be taken into account.
I'm here all week. Or at least until I'm banned.

Cph.shots

Post by Cph.shots » Fri May 13, 2022 9:27 am

stevieshot wrote:
Thu May 12, 2022 10:22 pm
You have to take into account, costs have risen for the club, the same as anyone else. Are there any other amenities that have cut their prices at the moment. Having a price freeze hurts the playing budget, and as we have seen hurts the quality on show. I bought 2 season tickets today, because I don't want us in the same situation again.
At least one person can see some reason.

Cph.shots

Post by Cph.shots » Fri May 13, 2022 9:33 am

I think a few on here would moan if it was put down to £10
Almost eeryone is hurting financially, including the club, how can we expect better players for less money?
Just hope MM can unearth some cheap, hidden gems to get supporters back through the turnstiles.

AdeShot

Post by AdeShot » Fri May 13, 2022 9:37 am

Cph.shots wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 9:27 am
stevieshot wrote:
Thu May 12, 2022 10:22 pm
At least one person can see some reason.
Agreed. Every single business is putting prices up due to rising costs. Holding prices is, imo, a decent call, as they will in reality be losing money vs. this season.

Dr Jim Royle

Post by Dr Jim Royle » Fri May 13, 2022 9:48 am

Personally i see no point in trying to justify admission costs with any other club at any level. Every club has different income streams, from gate money to Sugar Daddies. The cost to support is what it is, the Club has worked out their income streams, setting playing budgets and probably giving what few full time staff we have a cost of living rise (which will never meet actual living costs nowadays).

This coming season is going to be tough for everyone money wise,I suspect the cost of gas, electric, fuel and food will impact more on fans non attendance than how much it costs supporting their Club. Certain bills that need paying always take presidency over leisure activities.

Cph.shots

Post by Cph.shots » Fri May 13, 2022 10:35 am

Dr Jim Royle wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 9:48 am
Personally i see no point in trying to justify admission costs with any other club at any level. Every club has different income streams, from gate money to Sugar Daddies. The cost to support is what it is, the Club has worked out their income streams, setting playing budgets and probably giving what few full time staff we have a cost of living rise (which will never meet actual living costs nowadays).

This coming season is going to be tough for everyone money wise,I suspect the cost of gas, electric, fuel and food will impact more on fans non attendance than how much it costs supporting their Club. Certain bills that need paying always take presidency over leisure activities.
👌The Voice of reason as always.

billyboy

Post by billyboy » Fri May 13, 2022 11:12 am

Cph.shots wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 9:33 am
Almost eeryone is hurting financially, including the club, how can we expect better players for less money?
Just hope MM can unearth some cheap, hidden gems to get supporters back through the turnstiles.
Because it’s fairly obvious that if they decrease the price they’ll get more in. The most ridiculous part is not having a match-day price for 18-24 or at least 18-21. If this season we had been averaging the same as previous seasons attendances I would agree with you, but on previous seasons our attendances are down massively when you remove away fans bumping it up. I think we will struggle to average 1300 home fans with these ticket prices.

Cph.shots

Post by Cph.shots » Fri May 13, 2022 12:30 pm

billyboy wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 11:12 am
Cph.shots wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 9:33 am
Because it’s fairly obvious that if they decrease the price they’ll get more in. The most ridiculous part is not having a match-day price for 18-24 or at least 18-21. If this season we had been averaging the same as previous seasons attendances I would agree with you, but on previous seasons our attendances are down massively when you remove away fans bumping it up. I think we will struggle to average 1300 home fans with these ticket prices.
I understand the argument of attracting more spectators if the price is lower but that isn't a fact, it's been discussed on here quite a bit over the years and I think the concensus was that you need a significant increase to off set the lower price.
Another thing that is likely to have an impact next season is the general price increases all round, fuel costs alone might mean some fans can't attend as much as they'd like to.
The club also has the same increases as us, fuel for away coaches, food for the players, heating and electricity, if anything, they've given us a defacto decrease. Just my opinion of course.

Dom Sterlings Left Leg

Post by Dom Sterlings Left Leg » Fri May 13, 2022 12:40 pm

Another impact on the budget must surely be debt.

We are paying off Deane Woods loan now for instance (when it was announced this would all be paid back once the ground was redeveloped)..

How about not getting the club in debt in the first place .... ???