REMINDER RE £12/£2 TICKETS FOR SUNDAY

Richard Petty
Re: REMINDER RE £12/£2 TICKETS FOR SUNDAY

Post by Richard Petty » Sat May 14, 2022 6:40 pm

Ian Rust wrote:
Sat May 14, 2022 5:06 pm
I think you’re right Hepcat, but perhaps not in the way you envisage;

Yes cash will die completely within the next 5 years for sure. Personally I don’t carry cash or cards and use only my phone, but I think that will be superseded by body chip technology within 20 years.

And yes I think ‘cash’ of some description will return within the next 20 years, but not as main stream legal tender. Some sort of tokens (not necessarily physical units) will pop up for sure, initially to serve the black market (tax avoidance) and then developing as an generally accepted alternative to main stream ‘official’ digital tender.
Your right about body chip technology. There was an article on the BBC News website recently about a chap who has a chip in his hand so all he does is pass his hand over the card reader to pay. He was saying it usually gets him stared at by other people but as you say in time that will become normal
The old saying goes "You can please some of the people some of the time, but you will never please all the people all the time." In fact sometimes it seems impossible to even please some of the people any of the time

Fuggletim

Post by Fuggletim » Sat May 14, 2022 9:49 pm

There’s an episode of “Thunderbirds” from the 1960’s where they laugh at “Brains” talking into his watch, but we have that technology now.

The subject of grocery deliveries is interesting. I am clearing my late Mum’s flat in Haslemere and today found an old box of candles with a sticker to say they had come from “Bridge Stores” in Hammer ( just outside Haslemere). Now I can’t recall when the shop closed, but we used to have them deliver everything to our house in the 1960s and they even had a mobile van visit Woolmer Hill in Haslemere at least once a week. Home delivery is not new, but a recycled idea but when “Kibby’s” Supermarket opened on Weyhill, this mobile shop stopped.

As for cash “Rusty” you are way out. Look at the till at Tesco and even the club offices on matchdays, you will see it is far from dead. As an anology, I was told when I started work in the 1970s the “Paperless” office was about 5-10 years away. In my business, some 40+ years later it isn’t!

lowerbourneshot

Post by lowerbourneshot » Sun May 15, 2022 12:40 am

Fuggletim wrote:
Sat May 14, 2022 9:49 pm
There’s an episode of “Thunderbirds” from the 1960’s where they laugh at “Brains” talking into his watch, but we have that technology now.

The subject of grocery deliveries is interesting. I am clearing my late Mum’s flat in Haslemere and today found an old box of candles with a sticker to say they had come from “Bridge Stores” in Hammer ( just outside Haslemere). Now I can’t recall when the shop closed, but we used to have them deliver everything to our house in the 1960s and they even had a mobile van visit Woolmer Hill in Haslemere at least once a week. Home delivery is not new, but a recycled idea but when “Kibby’s” Supermarket opened on Weyhill, this mobile shop stopped.

As for cash “Rusty” you are way out. Look at the till at Tesco and even the club offices on matchdays, you will see it is far from dead. As an anology, I was told when I started work in the 1970s the “Paperless” office was about 5-10 years away. In my business, some 40+ years later it isn’t!
Cash will always be used for certain purposes. Some person used a £50 note to buy a diet coke in my local club tonight . Now if that's not getting rid of money I don't know what is . More fool them for taking it .

Graham Stovold

Post by Graham Stovold » Sun May 15, 2022 10:07 am

lowerbourneshot wrote:
Sun May 15, 2022 12:40 am
Fuggletim wrote:

Cash will always be used for certain purposes. Some person used a £50 note to buy a diet coke in my local club tonight . Now if that's not getting rid of money I don't know what is . More fool them for taking it .
Brilliant post LBS 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Graham Stovold

Post by Graham Stovold » Sun May 15, 2022 10:16 am

Back in 2005, we brought a property in Spain. It was common practice back then that the buyer had to hand over something like 25% of the price of property in cash ??

I heard lots of stories of people having to go to the bank & walk back to their car with a few grand stuffed in the wallet. The thing that got me, was this was a standard practice within the signing process between the solicitors at the notary.

I still have my paperwork showing the real price & the “official” price.

Fuggletim

Post by Fuggletim » Sun May 15, 2022 12:26 pm

Graham Stovold wrote:
Sun May 15, 2022 10:07 am
lowerbourneshot wrote:
Sun May 15, 2022 12:40 am
Fuggletim wrote:

Brilliant post LBS 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
Wonder if it was a paper £50 note? Banks are reluctant to pay them out now as they are near the end of their life.

SteveyAsp

Post by SteveyAsp » Sun May 15, 2022 2:53 pm

Richard Petty wrote:
Fuggletim wrote:
Sat May 14, 2022 11:14 am
No need to be confused Richard Image The point(s) I am making is that I would be happy to pay in advance (even taking the potential risk I won’t be able to actually make the game) but that facility was not available at the club shop. Why go to the shop? Well I like to speak with a human being, hand over £12 cash and I get a round trip of about 3000 steps to add to my daily tally! Image

I have stated on here before that I dislike online card transactions because following the BA data breach a few years ago I had some seriously difficult times trying to get back a substantial amount of my money that was stolen. I also, generally resent being “forced” to make card payments and believe it should my choice.

That said, I still believe that if an offer is going to be made, it should extend right the way through and be available to everyone right up to KO.
Thanks Fuggletim, now you have reminded me I do remember you saying previously that you had got caught up in the BA data breach. Just a suggestion and I have no knowledge of what the response might be but if something similar comes up in the future speak to Matt in the ticket office to see if a "One off" purchase could be made in a way that would satisfy your concerns over using the online payments. I have no sway on things like that and maybe there wouldn't be a way round it but I know how helpful and considerate Matt is in trying to help people so its always worth the call.
I have to agree that Matt is helpful, I've never really spoken to him until the Notts County game and on my way in he told me that he'd noted my comments about something and that he was dealing with it. Image

Sent from my SM-S908B using Tapatalk