Scousers

Crowthorne
Scousers

Post by Crowthorne » Sat May 14, 2022 9:47 pm

Again booing the national anthem today, apparently some sort of resentment towards the establishment (Hillsborough) maybe they blame the Queen. Wonder if they will make any gesture of contrition, at the CL final, a day after the anniversary of murdering 39 people in Belgium.

IanShots
Re: Scousers

Post by IanShots » Sat May 14, 2022 10:22 pm

Crowthorne wrote:
Sat May 14, 2022 9:47 pm
Again booing the national anthem today, apparently some sort of resentment towards the establishment (Hillsborough) maybe they blame the Queen. Wonder if they will make any gesture of contrition, at the CL final, a day after the anniversary of murdering 39 people in Belgium.
It’s a free country I guess?

80fc

Post by 80fc » Sat May 14, 2022 10:38 pm

There are anti monarchists everywhere not just in Liverpool. I even think that recently the Labour Party was led by one
Everybody has a plan until you smack them in the mouth

Anon E Mouse

Post by Anon E Mouse » Sat May 14, 2022 10:56 pm

It was their reaction to 'Abide with Me' that really shocked me. Normally the most emotion felt part of the Cup Final, again ruined by them.
Very unlikeable fans. Come on Madrid
Roll on next season.

Graham Stovold

Post by Graham Stovold » Sat May 14, 2022 11:07 pm

Crowthorne wrote:
Are you sure it was Liverpool fans only doing the booing?

I heard it but seeing as there was 80,000 fans in ground, you couldn’t tell where it was coming from. There are anti - Royalists in London as well probably.

A.T.F.C 92

Post by A.T.F.C 92 » Sun May 15, 2022 6:17 am

I guess June 2nd and 3rd and non Bank Holiday days in Liverpool ?

Sean Chambers

Post by Sean Chambers » Sun May 15, 2022 6:17 am

Graham Stovold wrote:
Sat May 14, 2022 11:07 pm
Crowthorne wrote:

I heard it but seeing as there was 80,000 fans in ground, you couldn’t tell where it was coming from. There are anti - Royalists in London as well probably.
I know they have a history of blaming others but they can’t this time.
💯 it was the Liverpool fans who booed the National Anthem and Abide With Me, which is a shame as it was a great occasion and the game could of gone either way.

Charles Dickens

Post by Charles Dickens » Sun May 15, 2022 10:53 am

80fc wrote:
Sat May 14, 2022 10:38 pm
There are anti monarchists everywhere not just in Liverpool. I even think that recently the Labour Party was led by one
Still is.

Graham Stovold

Post by Graham Stovold » Sun May 15, 2022 11:04 am

Sean Chambers wrote:
Sun May 15, 2022 6:17 am
Graham Stovold wrote:
Crowthorne wrote:

💯 it was the Liverpool fans who booed the National Anthem and Abide With Me, which is a shame as it was a great occasion and the game could of gone either way.
The court of public opinion is never far wrong to be fair.

Bob

Post by Bob » Sun May 15, 2022 11:53 am

Sean Chambers wrote:
Graham Stovold wrote:
Crowthorne wrote:

I don’t know why the scousers are like that because whether they like it or not they’re English, on another subject another tradition broken yesterday with Chelsea wearing yellow, When the game started I thought something doesn’t look right here because Chelsea Liverpool is always blue v red , ridiculous

redblueuptoyou

Post by redblueuptoyou » Sun May 15, 2022 12:02 pm

Bob wrote:
Sun May 15, 2022 11:53 am
Sean Chambers wrote:
Graham Stovold wrote:

I don’t know why the scousers are like that because whether they like it or not they’re English, on another subject another tradition broken yesterday with Chelsea wearing yellow, When the game started I thought something doesn’t look right here because Chelsea Liverpool is always blue v red , ridiculous
Also, why didn’t the managers suit up? The final used to be an occasion.

Bob

Post by Bob » Sun May 15, 2022 12:41 pm

redblueuptoyou wrote:
Sun May 15, 2022 12:02 pm
Bob wrote:
Sean Chambers wrote:

Sadly the football association challenge cup has lost a lot of it’s once magic, for a start the 2 semifinals should played at villa park and something like hillsborough depending on the 4 teams involved of course, old Trafford as well as it holds 75k

hepcat

Post by hepcat » Sun May 15, 2022 1:09 pm

This "Amazing quadruple " bid. So far Liverpool have won two penalty kick competitions (no doubt the CL will be decided by same) and it will take Man City to throw away the title for them to win the league. If that happens it will confirm that this will be the first and worst English quadruple in history.

Graham Stovold

Post by Graham Stovold » Sun May 15, 2022 1:32 pm

hepcat wrote:
Sun May 15, 2022 1:09 pm
This "Amazing quadruple " bid. So far Liverpool have won two penalty kick competitions (no doubt the CL will be decided by same) and it will take Man City to throw away the title for them to win the league. If that happens it will confirm that this will be the first and worst English quadruple in history.
Can’t agree with this Hepcat, you sound very much like a bitter & twisted Man U fan 😉😂. For starters, Liverpool won 2 football matches, that involved playing 4 hours of football plus a penalty shootout.

If the quadruple was achieved, why would it be bad exactly? After all it would have taken over 60 games to achieve it, playing the best teams in Europe.

For the record, I don’t think it will be achieved, it’s City’s title to lose & we all know Real Madrid are no mugs.

Graham Stovold

Post by Graham Stovold » Sun May 15, 2022 1:38 pm

Bob wrote:
Sun May 15, 2022 12:41 pm
redblueuptoyou wrote:
Sun May 15, 2022 12:02 pm
Bob wrote:

Sadly the football association challenge cup has lost a lot of it’s once magic, for a start the 2 semifinals should played at villa park and something like hillsborough depending on the 4 teams involved of course, old Trafford as well as it holds 75k
Agree, it was an occasion every football fan looked forward to. The crowd singing abide with me, was always sung by both sets of fans in good voice.

Just my opinion, but I think the ‘new’ Wembley hasn’t helped. In the good old days, you could sense the atmosphere of the old Wembley. This version seems a bit too clinical & I notice that the crowd gets overtaken by the singer/band on these occasions.